Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What are these things called????

  1. #1
    S.Teebas Guest

    What are these things called????

    I was walking past a cart that sold all different types of massage and health type products, and i ended up purchasing these balls.

    does anyone know the name of them, they are bigger that marbals...and you rotate them around each other in your hand.

    Is there a proper use for these things? Is there any special technique should be using or getting benifits from it?

    If you know anything about them or where i can read info about what to do with them (eg net link) please say so. Thanks.


  2. #2
    Kung Lek Guest
    They're called "Bao Ding" balls and they are used just for the sake of using them :)

    they do help you with hand dexterity and are said to help those with arthritis or bursitis by exercising the joints of the hand.

    probably more preventitive and seeing as many forms of arthritis and bursitis are viral, I doubt that they can do much for the acute versions.

    They are relaxing to use though, swirling them in your hands both clokwise and counter clockwise does indeed help your dexterity. If they have the little chimes in them they are even nicer to play with.


    Kung Lek

    Martial Arts Links

  3. #3
    Fish of Fury Guest
    also, as many meridians pass through the hands/fingers, using the balls is said to stimulate the flow of energy through the meridians

    __________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

  4. #4
    S.Teebas Guest
    Thanks guys.

    Hey Kung Lek, how do you pronounce that? is it like Bow-ding?


  5. #5
    Kung Lek Guest
    Bow like in bough of a tree or "shaolin bow" or the bow of a boat, etc

    and ding is ding like a bell :)


    Kung Lek

    Martial Arts Links

  6. #6
    when rotating them there are 2 correct ways either clockwise or counterclockwise while doing the following
    1: keep them in constant contact with each other never allowing them to seperate or bang together
    2: keep them from touching each other while you rotate them. the second is much harder and more advanced enjoy and good luck!

  7. #7
    prana Guest
    use to practise them when little. After practise, your palms will tingle. Qi ? hehe

  8. #8
    S.Teebas Guest
    I noticed that Prana! (the Qi)

    but what do you mean buy this:

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ...use to practise them when little.. [/quote]


  9. #9
    prana Guest
    when younger, but no longer.

    But I can see some more creative people would be thinking of other things :D :D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts