Thread: Kill 'Em All

Kill 'Em All

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1928335/

I hope my search Fu isn't as weak as it once was. Just saw this on Netflix, 'bout to check it out.

Never heard a thing about it.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Yeah, saw it in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and decided against it. Let me know what you think of it.

I am . . . unimpressed. A waste of everyone's time.

Thanks for the input

I noticed that pop up on my netflix queue and have been toying with the idea of watching it. I'm less inclined now, unless others come out and disagree.
    But who knows? I might get bored some night. How much screen time does Gordon get?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Not 100% sure; I blinked, he tiger-mouth-gripped a throat, and was out.

I thought he was Shaolin, not ninja.

Kill 'Em All 2017 JCVD version

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I noticed that pop up on my netflix queue and have been toying with the idea of watching it. I'm less inclined now, unless others come out and disagree.
    But who knows? I might get bored some night. How much screen time does Gordon get?
    I saw the Gordon Liu version. I mainly wanted to see Gordon in the same movie as former (and late) karate/kickboxing champ Joe Lewis. It was Joe Lewis' last movie, and unfortunately, he looked very unhealthy. It was probably Gordon's last movie as well. Lewis and Gordon never actually came face-to-face onscreen.

Not a great movie, but not nearly as bad as I'd expected. I actually thought that Gordon looked quite good as the arch-villain in the end fight. In fact, his fighting looked better in this movie than in the Kill Bill movies, and any of his other recent movies I've seen, though obviously not nearly as good as in his heyday of the '70s and '80s. A word of warning: the early parts of the original 'Kill 'em All' are really bad (editing, acting, etc.).

From the trailer, the only thing the new Van Damme film has in common with it is the title. Otherwise, the two movies appear completely unrelated.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 05-01-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    From the trailer, the only thing the new Van Damme film has in common with it is the title. Otherwise, the two movies appear completely unrelated.
    They are absolutely unrelated. Given the scope of these films (and we're not talking Shaw Scope) it seemed more fun to me to post this new JCVD trailer and ttt this old thread at the same time. I've actually found JCVD's recent work more enjoyable than his early stuff. He's matured in a way that I respect.

Thanks for the review on the former, Jimbo!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kill ‘Em All 2

Jean-Claude Van Damme To Star In ‘Kill ‘Em All 2’; Filming Set For January In Antigua As Part Of New Deal With Producer Andrea Iervolino
    By Andreas Wiseman
    International Editor
    @AndreasWiseman

December 7, 2023 6:30am

Jean-Claude Van Damme
    Mustafa Ciftci/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images

EXCLUSIVE: Veteran action icon Jean-Claude Van Damme is set to star in sequel Kill ‘Em All 2, which will shoot in the Caribbean island of Antigua from January.

The shoot is the first brought to the island by Italian producer Andrea Iervolino (Ferrari) after he was tasked last year by local authorities to grow entertainment investment opportunities in the West Indies, with a focus on enriching Antigua and Barbuda through film and TV shoots.

Iervolino is teaming up on the promotional push with Dario Item, Ambassador of Antigua and Barbuda to Spain, the Principality of Monaco, the Principality of Liechtenstein and to the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).

Following the events that unfolded in Kill ‘Em All (2017), the sequel will see Phillip (Van Damme) and Suzanne retired from the spy game, living peacefully off the grid. That’s until their whereabout are discovered by Vlad the vengeful brother of their target from the first film.

The sequel is written by James Agnew. Bianca Brigitte Van Damme will star in the film alongside her father. Iervolino is producing with his business partner Lady Monika Bacardi via their publicly held studio Iervolino & Lady Bacardi Entertainment.

Andrea Iervolino, CEO of ILBE, commented: “I am delighted and honored that Jean-Claude Van Damme has agreed to be part of this exciting project. The beauty of Antigua, with its unique atmosphere, will provide an extraordinary backdrop for the production of this film. This initiative not only furthers our commitment to the film industry, but aims to help strengthen cultural and collaborative ties between Europe and the West Indies.”

Ambassador of Antigua and Barbuda Dario Item added: “This initiative is an important step in strengthening cultural and artistic ties between nations. We are pleased to support a project that not only promotes the art of cinema but will also help raise awareness of Antigua and Barbuda globally. We welcome this production as an example of cross-continental collaboration that will bring lasting benefits to our communities.”

Jean-Claude Van Damme is represented by AAC and Rodin Entertainment.
    Now I can't remember if I've seen JCVD's original film.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips