Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police tactics against grapplers.

not bad, nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Where were the 'grapplers" ?

Umm, here is his one for boxers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hzOQFZ9nM4

Ok then...

Wonder what the address is in La-la land...

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    LOL... His reversals while mounted were backwards. If that really was a grappler on top, he would base out and stop the roll.

The defenses from the guard were also pretty bad. The control when he switches to the sweeps are too lose. Someone trained in passing would have a very easy time passing the guard to side control from there.

I would say the things shown on that clip would be better termed "defense against people who don't know how to grapple on the ground".

yeah, it was backward. think of it like a table. if you take one leg away, push in the direction where there is only one table leg, right? and also the guy was sitting directly on the downed cop's hips - where it is easiest to bump him from. A grappler would try to get position first, putting his knees under the guy's armpits and sitting on his chest instead of his hips, making it harder for the guy to bridge and roll him.

when he was mounted on the guy, there was a lot of space. if he lost control of the guys hand, it would be extremely easy to escape the position.

position comes first.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Last edited by SevenStar; 06-26-2007 at 05:44 PM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQSEJM-zxB0

look at his mount and the transition to it. He leaves little or no space - he is smothering his opponent until he gets into position. Notice how he slides his knees forward, under his opponents armpits, so he is not sitting on his hips. It is much harder to bump him this way.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I think that clip is what to do against some numbnut that TRIES to grapple you on the street.
    Against a trained grappler you obviously spit chewing tobacco in their eyes.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    A grappler would try to get position first, putting his knees under the guy's armpits and sitting on his chest instead of his hips, making it harder for the guy to bridge and roll him.
    Agree, someone with experience would choose to sit higher on the chest, expecting the bridge and bucks.

The boxer one was funny. About the time you go to push his hand into his face your going to get punched. Not realistic.

And we all know that grabbing and twisting his balls would never work....

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    And we all know that grabbing and twisting his balls would never work....
    Its pretty hard to grab someone's balls when they are smashing your face over and over with elbows and fists then again, maybe your Iron face is above par.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Its pretty hard to grab someone's balls when they are smashing your face over and over with elbows and fists then again, maybe your Iron face is above par.
    It's pretty hard to smash someone in the face with elbows and fists when his balls are being grabbed and twisted . What came first, the egg or the chicken

James