Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CLF Origin of Form Names

Blog Entries
    Can you tell us what weapons were in Lau Bun's curriculum? It also begs the question if different weapons were ever swapped into a form, like Double Daggers with Butterfly Swords?
    Lau Bun didn't teach in a cookie cutter fashion. He would give you forms that were suitable to you and only you. And yes, all weapons can be interchanged with each other.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    And yes, all weapons can be interchanged with each other.
    Does anyone know about how many weapons were passed down from the founder? 0, 5, 9, 18, 40, or some other subset of the 53 listed on Doc-Fai Wong's website:

https://plumblossom.net/ChoyLiFut/CLFweapons.html

Blog Entries
    does anyone know about how many weapons were passed down from the founder? 0, 5, 9, 18, 40, or some other subset of the 53 listed on doc-fai wong's website:

https://plumblossom.net/choylifut/clfweapons.htm
    no one knows what forms were actually passed down from chan heung. Much of their history comes from 2nd and 3rd generation writers. What people don't realize is chan heung did not create all the forms found in his lineages.

no one knows what forms were actually passed down from chan heung. Much of their history comes from 2nd and 3rd generation writers. What people don't realize is chan heung did not create all the forms found in his lineages.
    At least there's enough CLF forms out there to get some idea of the forms or even moves most likely originating from the founder. What I have a problem is with another Kung Fu style allegedly going back to a Taoist Immortal and with a tradition of never publishing anything. I have been digging in YouTube since its existed for any traces of it and have not found any independent sources outside of what was taught by Share Lew after about 1971, and it is only now that I'm noticing that Tao Tan Pai style has a lot of overlap with Lau Bun's CLF forms, so if anyone sees any of these forms turn up please let me know.

Blog Entries
    and it is only now that I'm noticing that Tao Tan Pai style has a lot of overlap with Lau Bun's CLF forms, so if anyone sees any of these forms turn up please let me know.
    Tao Tan Pai may have been influenced by Lau Bun's CLF. But DFW's list is complete in a sense that that is what more chan heung based schools teach. lau bun's CLF has influence kajukenbo as well. but i have to see some Tao Tan Pai for me to make a good judgment call. can you put some of film and show me

Tao Tan Pai may have been influenced by Lau Bun's CLF. But DFW's list is complete in a sense that that is what more chan heung based schools teach. lau bun's CLF has influence kajukenbo as well. but i have to see some Tao Tan Pai for me to make a good judgment call. can you put some of film and show me
    Most the people that know Tao Tan Pai continue the tradition of not publishing anything, although more and more of it is coming out since Share Lew passed away a few years ago. Here's one doing the double-dagger form. He even mentions (at 12:31) his view of its orgins. It is done in a sloppy manner, but its pretty much all there plus-and-minus a couple moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luHf1XD-q3Q

Blog Entries
    Here's one doing the double-dagger form. He even mentions (at 12:31) his view of its orgins.
    OK, I watched that part with the double daggers. absolutely nothing to do with CLF. and That style he mentioned is NOT any part of CLF on this planet. it may be influenced by Lau Bun's CLF however i don't see any ear marks that would identify a connection. Sadly, there are too many non CLF people trying to attach themselves to CLF. but yea, that's not any type of CLF. i thought it looked more like Ark Wongs style tho, which isn't CLF either.

i would be able to tell the difference between the two if i can see what Tao Tan Pai looks like.

the choy lee fut sow choy is based on the elephant trunk. If you show me your material i can tell you if you share what is ours. no problem.
    Okay, the following YouTube has the same CLF longfist form that I know. Although its an animation with the Samurai Kitty Robot Dancer, there are no cuts hidden in it, except for one digital-stitch afterward (where she disappears from the department offices). There is also a link to an AR app where it can be viewed from any angle. What is nice about the samurai armor is that shows the orientation of every joint. Oh, and there's an elephant trunk move in there. Happy New Year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1wLNvSUuyM

Nice to some of Lau Bun's CLF in action! The following clip a couple people have verified as his form. What do you think?

https://www.tiktok.com/@samuraikitty...79644494972458

Blog Entries
    There are some strange movements in there. But i can see part of Lau Bun's Cheung Kuen it it.