Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ??? Fut Sao

??? Fut Sao

What happened to that siu baat gwa footwork thread?

Might try the ThreadStarter listings in the Wing Chun section dating back from most recently active. Many, many threads from Wing Chun net fury that dried up a few years ago. Ghost town postings these days.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-23-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Might try the ThreadStarter listings in the Wing Chun section dating back from most recently active. Many, many threads from Wing Chun net fury that dried up a few years ago.
    I'm not sure what / where that is... But I could swear there was a recent (few days ago) thread about a footwork from from the Fut Sao lineage. Or maybe I'm just going crazy haha

Actually, there is the new "Buddha Palm" thread that was up online yesterday that has also dissapeared. You're right... somethings gone astray. ...? The footwork you are looking for was posted by T.D.O. towards the end of This Yui Choi thread: http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...-Lineage/page3
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-23-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Actually, there is the new "Buddha Palm" thread that was up online yesterday that has also dissapeared. You're right... somethings gone astray. ...?
    Hmmm....well, maybe he changed his mind about sharing it. He also shared it over on the MartialTalk wing chun forum but that one is still there. Weird. Oh well. Thx PalmStriker.

That's the only thing I can think of also in his access to delete his own thread. CHECK the last link I posted for the same form demo from another public posting. Post #41, Yui Choi thread.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-23-2020 at 12:20 PM.

That's the only thing I can think of also in his access to delete his own thread. CHECK the last link I posted for the same form demo from another public posting. Post #41, Yui Choi thread.
    Understood. Thanks PS!

You're welcome wck! Check out this thread from 20 yrs ago, talk about a timely upgrade. http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...Bagua-Footwork
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-23-2020 at 12:56 PM.

You're welcom wck! Check out this thread from 20 yrs ago, talk about a timely upgrade. http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...Bagua-Footwork

Thanks.
    Yeah my 2 cents on this is that while the actual form may not exist in Yip Man WC (at least to my knowledge)...there does exist specific motions related to this siu baat gwa footwork. IMHO some of it exists within Yip Man WC in the dummy, the gerk jong, etc.

Yes. Master Ip made it a point to convey/teach only that which was uniquely snake-crane WingChun and pointedly avoided any usage of extended animal behaviors or sounds in his itinerary. Which is a good thing for the art as a combat system the world can embrace.

Yes. Master Ip made it a point to convey/teach only that which was uniquely snake-crane WingChun and pointedly avoided any usage of extended animal behaviors or sounds in his itinerary. Which is a good thing for the art as a combat system the world can embrace.
    Agreed PS!!!

Thank you!

You're welcome wck! Check out this thread from 20 yrs ago, talk about a timely upgrade. http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...Bagua-Footwork
    Thank you
    Last edited by T.D.O; 11-24-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wckf92 View Post
    What happened to that siu baat gwa footwork thread?
    no idea... was looking forward to seeing the next 6 sections as well.

his last post in the thread read like he was going to put them online..