Thread: Shaolin Nirvana (2017)

Shaolin Nirvana (2017)

This is a action/drama, web series from China which originally aired in 2017. Its also known as "Shaolin Wendao" , or "The Great Shaolin".
    Watch Shaolin Nirvana
    It had 38 episodes,
    First episode date: May 30, 2016
    Final episode date: July 31, 2017
    The show is based in the Ming dynasty during the rule of the Jia Jing Emperor. I'm not too good at reviews, however, I have binged this show twice in 4 months, and I wanted to post it here after the first few episodes. Within the narrative and storyline, are common topics and scenarios of the genre and time period, which is the presence of Japanese pirates, corrupt government offiicials who work for Yan Shifan, etc. similar to the activity in " Shàolín Sēng Bīng (2008) " which I posted about here: Shaolin Seng Bing
    this show is has the elements of love and revenge, intrigue, hidden parents, monks vs pirates and monks vs corrupt government as well, minus the QiJiGuang, and also much less war and combat in this show, Shaolin Nirvana focuses more on Chan. While Shaolin kung fu is displayed, and is a focus of the show some what, its not the central focus. Enlightenment is the main focus. The journey of the main character, Cheng Wendao, becomes a monk named Wuxiang, and disciple of the secret/hidden abbot who is the head of the herbology courtyard in Shaolin at the time. Urged to "Face the Shore" by his master, to dispell his hatred and grudge, he goes on a journey of enlightenment with an honest heart. There is the rescue of the 18 bronzemen, and revealing of family ties which put the harshest grudges to rest and bring the entire cast, well the main characters, to a revelation of their hearts, and awakening in Chan and Buddha nature. Preview Scene from Episode 16
    You have to watch it to really see it unravel. its still on youtube on this channel Watch Shaolin Nirvana
    What I like most about Shaolin Nirvana, is , unlike Shàolín Sēng Bīng , the main characters dont die in war in this show, there is a climax battle, yet it is not the end of the show, and the story ends on a positive, and with life in the Temple.

Name:  theGreatShaolin.jpg
Views: 4729
Size:  99.4 KB
    Name:  TheGreatShaolinep36.jpg
Views: 3987
Size:  94.2 KB
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

episode 19 to 22 are so beautiful man. for the expression and balance of Chan Wu Yi.....just wow.... for the 3rd time I am binge watching the series AGAIN! If you are a fan of this type of film, I highly recommend taking the time to watch this show.
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator