Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Bagua circle walking Ruin your eyesight ?

Maybe its love at first sight! Wonder if you focus your eyes on anything while circle-walking, like your hands or the walls? I had one kung fu instructor that really emphasized focusing on certain things and also expanding peripheral vision. These days I mostly use the techniques for syncing with the best dancers I can find on the dance floor and watching for them to telegraph any moves...

Bruce Frantzis wants me to stare at my finger ~ but I don't do it

I don't really do that ~ I break rules in training ~ I don't really train in martial arts ~ I'm just a chi kung practitioner ~ I do the taichi and bagua forms as a chi kung exercise ~ tai chi chi kung bagua chi kung ~ yoga chi kung ~ I know nothing about self defense except some pressure points ~ but I am old and crippled ~ I don't have any strength that doesn't come from bagua ~ or yoga ~

I'm 100 % convinced that the eyesight situation is caused by my medication ~ it's listed as a side effect and I've been taking it since 2015

I will probably start circle walking again ~ just walking without holding postures ~ circle walking is when I do my mandarin lessons ~ but it's been nice to have a break from both ~

just doing a form cases serious back pain right now ~ it's the seven years of holding static postures for 2.5 hours a day ~ it has added up into unbearable pain

whatever the problem is with the eyes ~ I need glasses now because I can't see

speaking of rules in martial arts ~ one tai chi teacher says you can't turn your head too far by letting your nose go past your knee because you will lose your balance ~ but the bagua teacher does it all the time ~ any thoughts

I may have been exaggerating about being able to read without glasses ~ my sight is strange ~ it changes from one moment to the next ~ anyway I need my glasses to read today and yesterday
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 01-08-2023 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokomkno3 View Post
    Bruce Frantzis wants me to stare at my finger ~ but I don't do it

I don't really do that ~ I break rules in training ~ I don't really train in martial arts ~ I'm just a chi kung practitioner ~ I do the taichi and bagua forms as a chi kung exercise ~ tai chi chi kung bagua chi kung ~ yoga chi kung ~ I know nothing about self defense except some pressure points ~ but I am old and crippled ~ I don't have any strength that doesn't come from bagua ~ or yoga ~

I'm 100 % convinced that the eyesight situation is caused by my medication ~ it's listed as a side effect and I've been taking it since 2015
    whatever the problem is with the eyes ~ I need glasses now because I can't see

speaking of rules in martial arts ~ one tai chi teacher says you can't turn your head too far by letting your nose go past your knee because you will lose your balance ~ but the bagua teacher does it all the time ~ any thoughts

I may have been exaggerating about being able to read without glasses ~ my sight is strange ~ it changes from one moment to the next ~ anyway I need my glasses to read today and yesterday
    Where you move the eyes is important in for Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and Kung Fu. Just about every instructor I've encountered has had something to say about it. There's all sorts of things that can change ones eyesight and things you can do to change your eyesight. Its probably one of those things that is better learned from a teacher rather than books but I would not put much weight into what that barefoot instructor says, haha

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Where you move the eyes is important in for Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and Kung Fu. Just about every instructor I've encountered has had something to say about it. There's all sorts of things that can change ones eyesight and things you can do to change your eyesight. Its probably one of those things that is better learned from a teacher rather than books but I would not put much weight into what that barefoot instructor says, haha
    well I got a couple of good things from the teacher like the fact that it's okay to walk in a big circle if you want to

then Mantak Chia said to walk for 30 min after every meal and I eat 5 times a day ~ conveniently my mandarin lessons on the mp3 player are also 30 minutes long

I walked after every meal 5 times a day for a long time ~ my hair and fingernails grew really fast

but I didn't want to do that anymore so I just walk 2.5 hours all at once

I wish there was something I could do to change my eyesight

all my teachers are books and videos ~ that's why they call it the tao of solo martial arts ~ I just don't pay attention to them when they're demonstrating applications or talking about martial arts ~ I'm after the chi kung and I do forms circles and straight lines ~ martial arts intention interferes with my chi kung exercise ~

master wong ~ he jinbao ~ jerry alan johnson ~ john painter ~ yang jwing ming ~ Liang Shoyou. ~ but I don't do theL iang Shoyou. forms anymore ~ I used to do shaolin and wudang broadsword forms and taichi sword forms

I used to do the never ending he jinbao forms after doing all of my other forms ~ now doing a form is the hardest thing in the world ~ I never want to start ~ usually because of leg stiffness ~ now I know why people do forms so dead stop standstill slowly ~
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 01-09-2023 at 01:54 PM.

well I got a couple of good things from the teacher like the fact that it's okay to walk in a big circle if you want to
    then Mantak Chia said to walk for 30 min after every meal and I eat 5 times a day ~ conveniently my mandarin lessons on the mp3 player are also 30 minutes long
    all my teachers are books and videos ~ that's why they call it the tao of solo martial arts ~ I just don't pay attention to them when they're demonstrating applications or talking about martial arts ~ I'm after the chi kung and I do forms circles and straight lines ~ martial arts intention interferes with my chi kung exercise ~
    I used to do shaolin and wudang broadsword forms and taichi sword forms
    Funny thing you mention Mantak Chia. I just read one of his books I found for a dollar in the University library discard bin. That tells you something right there, like that Taoist yoga can activate the thymus gland to make teeth grow back again. I believe it.

Like you, all my teachers are books and videos now.

You should relearn that taichi sword form you mentioned. There's probably lots of videos of it out there now, and its something easy one can do even if one is in bad shape...

Funny thing you mention Mantak Chia. I just read one of his books I found for a dollar in the University library discard bin. That tells you something right there, like that Taoist yoga can activate the thymus gland to make teeth grow back again. I believe it.

Like you, all my teachers are books and videos now.

You should relearn that taichi sword form you mentioned. There's probably lots of videos of it out there now, and its something easy one can do even if one is in bad shape...
    you can get mantak chia books free online ~ some people share freely

I was looking ay Paulie Zinks record one time ~ he got first place in empty hand kung fu competitions for several years and then one year he placed first in some weapons forms but he wasn't #1 in empty hand anymore ~ but now we are talking about martial arts and competition which I'm not interested in ~ I'm only interested in exercising

I may have too much on my plate now already ~ I just don't look forward to it like I used to ~ after being homeless I don't like anything anymore ~ it's strange

If I do start learning forms again I'll probably learn a bagua staff form ~ there is also a good bagua broadsword form but my broadsword was huge and heavy combat steel ~ my forms went on for a long time I felt like I was training my body in an unbalanced way ~ I really loved doing forms with my light weight nodachi ~ I can do broadsword forms with a nodachi ~ I used to do them in a hallway with a shaolin jei dao

historically weapons are a hated burden ~ don't get me wrong ~ I love my weapons

I was a body builder and I wanted the big heavy sword ~ but now I don't

if you keep talking like this I'll probably buy a Jian and a saber and on and on forever ~ I have a problem with collecting things ~ right now I'm spending a lot of money on tarot and oracle cards ~ also witchcraft supplies ~ I must really want to practice witchcraft because I actually spend money on it and I don't spend money on anything
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 01-10-2023 at 12:21 PM.

if you keep talking like this I'll probably buy a Jian and a saber and on and on forever ~ I have a problem with collecting things ~ right now I'm spending a lot of money on tarot and oracle cards ~ also witchcraft supplies ~ I must really want to practice witchcraft because I actually spend money on it and I don't spend money on anything
    I mostly use wooden swords, which are actually heavier the metal ones. You would probably like reading The Tao of Craft: FU TALISMANS and CASTING SIGILS in the EASTERN ESOTERIC TRADITION by Benebell Wen (Author of Holistic Tarot). On page 149 she states: "In lieu of a peach wood sword, there is a Big Dipper Sword, or Seven-Star Sword (qu xing jian), made of steel and engraved with the Big Dipper constellation. 41 Another ceremonial sword, also made of metal, is the Sword of the Law (fa jian), used by a practitioner to adminsister justice through spell-crafting. Also, rather than wield a sword, a practitioner can use his or her hands to form a sword mudra to channel energy."

Wǒ rènshí ~ benebell wen ~ I have her stuff and I'm going to buy more stuff from her

I was looking at the Polypropylene swords and foam staffs

I use a martial arts training plastic knife for my athame in witchcraft ~ it's magic

Name:  31o-+YJzB0L._AC_.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  4.9 KB

I learned my first sword form with a 99 cent kitchen knife from walmart

I wouldn't mess around with benebell wen ~ she plays with poison

just like bruce frantzis sits around and talks about great martial arts masters who were killed by poisoning
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 01-11-2023 at 03:47 PM.

I wouldn't mess around with benebell wen ~ she plays with poison

just like bruce frantzis sits around and talks about great martial arts masters who were killed by poisoning
    Really? I didn't see any mention of poisons in her books, unless one uses the wrong sort of ink in any messages one is eating. Also, good thing I'm not a Master. One of my Kung Fu instructors told me I could not be a Master unless I taught the whole system to someone, so I'm about a quarter century away from that, that is, if any kids even have the discipline to stick with it these days, haha

she uploaded a video about it on youtube ~

I'm taking a break during forms right now to cool down ~ I am overheating in my clothing layers ~ it warmed up a little

I'll have to move somewhere cooler so I can wear long clothes year round ~ I don't like to show any skin

not going to injure myself today jerking around too much in chen forms

I don't think you would have to be a master to get poisoned ~
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 01-12-2023 at 02:10 PM.

she uploaded a video about it on youtube ~

I'm taking a break during forms right now to cool down ~ I am overheating in my clothing layers ~ it warmed up a little

I'll have to move somewhere cooler so I can wear long clothes year round ~ I don't like to show any skin

not going to injure myself today jerking around too much in chen forms

I don't think you would have to be a master to get poisoned ~
    It seems that the term "pestilence" often gets mistranslated as poison. Regardless of how much she warns that taoist alchemy should not be taken literally, there's a lot of paranoid people that are going to misinterpret it, including the authorities, so you could easily be made the fall-guy for something if you make any threats based on it. Even if that's unlikely, its going to invite _inspection_ when you are crossing any border once it gets into your profile.

The coldest (and cheapest) place you can live on this side of the border is North Dakota..

It seems that the term "pestilence" often gets mistranslated as poison. Regardless of how much she warns that taoist alchemy should not be taken literally, there's a lot of paranoid people that are going to misinterpret it, including the authorities, so you could easily be made the fall-guy for something if you make any threats based on it. Even if that's unlikely, its going to invite _inspection_ when you are crossing any border once it gets into your profile.

The coldest (and cheapest) place you can live on this side of the border is North Dakota..
    must defeat the cold demon ~

so ~ all of these years I haven't had any furniture ~ but finally I bought a table and chair ~ thats the exact moment that the back pain began

been having to go lay down ~ hurts to stand ~ hurts to sit ~ hurts to walk ~ I think some of the pain is finally starting to leave my back ~ but I have been staying away from the table and chair ~ except for right now ~ and right now my back is hurting

so I guess thats good news maybe the problem isn't from my bagua slavery ~ maybe it's from furniture ~ so maybe I can get back to my bagua slavery

Last edited by pokomkno3; 02-05-2023 at 05:41 PM.

must defeat the cold demon ~

so ~ all of these years I haven't had any furniture ~ but finally I bought a table and chair ~ thats the exact moment that the back pain began

been having to go lay down ~ hurts to stand ~ hurts to sit ~ hurts to walk ~ I think some of the pain is finally starting to leave my back ~ but I have been staying away from the table and chair ~ except for right now ~ and right now my back is hurting

so I guess thats good news maybe the problem isn't from my bagua slavery ~ maybe it's from furniture ~ so maybe I can get back to my bagua slavery
    When I lived by myself I never had much furniture, even for a while when I lived in a large house with high ceilings, that way I could do all my forms without adjusting them. The problem was the job that the paid rent for it was wrecking my back so then I couldn't do all the jumps. Now when other people in the house are gone for a while, I just pile up all their furniture in the second largest room so have room to do my forms. I also do forms at my Nephew's house when no one's there but his whacky ceiling fans have a tendency damage my swords, haha

When I lived by myself I never had much furniture, even for a while when I lived in a large house with high ceilings, that way I could do all my forms without adjusting them. The problem was the job that the paid rent for it was wrecking my back so then I couldn't do all the jumps. Now when other people in the house are gone for a while, I just pile up all their furniture in the second largest room so have room to do my forms. I also do forms at my Nephew's house when no one's there but his whacky ceiling fans have a tendency damage my swords, haha
    my doctor says I have a B12 deficiency and prescribed B12 ~ one of the side affects of the deficiency is pain so maybe that will help ~ the pain isn't going away ~ there must be a demon on my back or something ~

everyday I'm not circle walking is like drowning in kryptonite ~ but it's nice to have more free time ~ doing more yoga and calisthenics

forms ~ I don't do forms in public so I forgot all my forms when I became homeless except the yang 24 form and had to relearn them all
    one time I went to jail and we were locked down 24/7 ~ I did my forms at first to remember them but then I realized that I wanted to kill the other people in my cell because they were pure evil so I didn't want to give them any good ideas like practicing martial arts ~ so I started doing the forms when everyone else was asleep ~ but it seemed like there was always someone else awake ~ so I just started doing the forms in my head

they asked me if I wanted to work out with them ~ but I told them I would rather lay down and die than do anything with them

when I got out I brutally tortured and murdered them all hypothetically ~ I was possessed by 999 billion demons from being around them ~ make no mistake ~ I want my enemies dead

I told my nephew to learn tai chi ~ but he went and learned taekwondo ~ what a terrible tai chi student he turned out to be ~ the scumbags in jail like to say that they are associated with taekwondo ~ all my life people have been bullying me while saying taekwondo ~ I really think taekwondo is satanic ~ I was looking for a martial arts school on the computer one time and looked at a taekwondo school ~ there was a video of a demon possessed little girl looking demonic and screaming like a banshee

even when I watch kung fu movies taekwondo people are bullies ~ like forbidden kingdom for example

I also have hit the ceiling fan with my sword

right now I'm in an abusive relationship with the VA hospital ~ they think it's okay to destroy my teeth , prescribe heart attacks and strokes ~ and maim my body permanently with surgery malpractice ~ the dental abuse alons is purely satanic ~ and my prescription history is PROOF of attempted murder

I watched a lot of homeless people who were taking prescription drugs die

the most evil topic in the world

I have VA health care but every time I think about it I think about my little buddy who I unfriended for cruelty to animals ~ he regularly says random things out of nowhere like " keep it alive so you can torture it "

they want to put me in some kind of jiu jitsu cult pain hold and keep me there for eternity ~ it's pretty evil ~ I can't stress this enough

what can I say ? there's a huge satanic cult systematically destroying the teeth that I have been taking care of my entire life ~ and I don't like it or deserve it
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 02-21-2023 at 10:01 AM.

my doctor says I have a B12 deficiency and prescribed B12 ~ one of the side affects of the deficiency is pain so maybe that will help ~ the pain isn't going away ~ there must be a demon on my back or something ~
    I was possessed by 999 billion demons from being around them ~ make no mistake ~ I want my enemies dead

I told my nephew to learn tai chi ~ but he went and learned taekwondo ~ what a terrible tai chi student he turned out to be
    Speaking of demons, I just happened to be reading in Shangquing Taoism that within the human body there are two important gates, the heaven gate and the demon gate. What you need to do is keep the Gate of Life open and the Gate of Death closed.

For example, I would think the demons you really want to keep out are the ones that have interactions with the one drug you really need. I worked in the pharmacy business for 7 years and saw that all kinds of things can cause problems, even grapefruit juice, caffine, herbs, teas, some vitamins, and innumerable supplements (none of which are regulated in the USA), not to mention other wicked substances like sodas (that eat away at your bones and teeth were your stem cells live). That is not even counting other inputs that are not easily measured, like what you movies or YouTubes you watch!

My Nephews are also not interested in tai chi nor kung fu. They think all their guns are going to save them, probably because one of them worked in law enforcement and doesn't think he would ever go to jail or be in some other situation without a gun...

there's someone with a gun and then there's Jet Li with a gun

that's exactly what I need is a gun ~ thats what bruce frantzis says " I prefer gun fu "

platoon sergeant says I need to have my weapon on me so I can defend myself

first sergeant insists that you carry your weapon and rumor has it that he's being a dick about it

also you are not allowed to eat in the dfac if you don't have a weapon and ammunition on you

================================================== ==============

not a fan of law enforcement but I like consulting detectives because they get the bad guys but they are not cops

like elementary ~ millennium ~ psychic detectives
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 02-25-2023 at 03:30 PM.