Thread: Does Bagua circle walking Ruin your eyesight ?

Does Bagua circle walking Ruin your eyesight ?

I have had 20 - 20 vision all of my life

for the past 5 years I have been bagua circle walking for two and a half hours a day in a mostly dark room with very little light

also at the same time I started circle walking - I started taking medication ~ on web MD list of side effects for the medication ~ changes in eyesight is listed as a possible side effect

I am losing my eyesight - everything is blurry and I can't read signs ~ just the other day I was told to stand right in front of a sign with large print on it and read it ~ I couldn't read it ~ it was blurry and I had double vision

does circle walking all the time effect eyesight ?

If you've been mudwalking for 2 and half hours a day for the last 5 years you should be able to shoot lazer beams from your eyes and qinggong over buildings.
    It's the medication get off it

that's what I was afraid of ~ I hope the damage isn't permanent

I hope you can get off the medication, maybe there are natural options for whatever treatment you need. Keep training the Bagua your dedication is awesome!
    Last edited by Chris Blaze; 12-17-2020 at 07:32 AM.

the problem is insomnia ~ there is a perfect natural option ~ you just need to live in the right state

bagua is the only thing that keeps me sane ~ when the world is ending I just walk the circle ~ when I'm upset I walk the circle ~ when I need to think I walk the circle ~ sometimes the two and a half hours of circle walking turns into 8 or 12 hours ~ I have severe bone pain in my legs from it but I can't stop walking ~
    I was holding 17 energy postures but right now I'm going through the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching for energy postures ~ I do one posture a day for two and a half hours as a qigong exercise ~ I change directions every 15 minutes

I do mostly ding shi circle walking but I also do standing exercises ~ straight line exercises ~ and forms ~ it's all just bagua chi kung to me ~ I do a lot of qigong ~ I do the forms and tai chi forms as a chi kung exercise ~ I'm only a chi kung practitioner ~ but I prefer bagua chi kung the most ~ I don't have any martial or self defense skills ~ only qigong
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-17-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokomkno3 View Post
    ~ sometimes the two and a half hours of circle walking turns into 8 or 12 hours ~ I have severe bone pain in my legs from it but I can't stop walking ~
    Well perhaps there's some chi kung exercises that could help what you call "bone pain", like the Muscle-Tendon Change Classic. To reduce the pain, you could spend half the time doing that and the other half doing what you normally do. I wonder what inspires you to spend so much time on your practice. Is there some person, book or video?

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Well perhaps there's some chi kung exercises that could help what you call "bone pain", like the Muscle-Tendon Change Classic. To reduce the pain, you could spend half the time doing that and the other half doing what you normally do. I wonder what inspires you to spend so much time on your practice. Is there some person, book or video?

not inspired by anyone or anything ~ just passing my time in solitude

I wrote a huge big long reply ~ but the forum logged me out and erased it

todays hexagram is 22 ~ mountain above ~ fire below ~ I don't read the I Ching or anything like that ~ I just do the physical qigong exercise
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-17-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokomkno3 View Post
    todays hexagram is 22 ~ mountain above ~ fire below ~ I don't read the I Ching or anything like that ~ I just do the physical qigong exercise
    Wonder then if you walk the hexagram of the day. Hexagram 22 is hexagram 14 in the ancient I Ching (Mawangdui). It has "discarding the chariot and going on foot."

funny you posted that because I have a car and I don't want it ~ I just want to walk ~ I also read tarot cards and the description for my chariot card says that the chariot has many moving parts that must be maintained ~ I am a simple person ~ I don't like things with moving parts that can break down and I won't be able to fix ~ you probably can't imagine how bad it bothers me to own a car ~ I just want to discard it
    sounds like something an ultralight thru hiker would do
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-18-2020 at 08:41 PM.