Thread: Does Bagua circle walking Ruin your eyesight ?

Threaded View

Maybe its love at first sight! Wonder if you focus your eyes on anything while circle-walking, like your hands or the walls? I had one kung fu instructor that really emphasized focusing on certain things and also expanding peripheral vision. These days I mostly use the techniques for syncing with the best dancers I can find on the dance floor and watching for them to telegraph any moves...

Bruce Frantzis wants me to stare at my finger ~ but I don't do it

I don't really do that ~ I break rules in training ~ I don't really train in martial arts ~ I'm just a chi kung practitioner ~ I do the taichi and bagua forms as a chi kung exercise ~ tai chi chi kung bagua chi kung ~ yoga chi kung ~ I know nothing about self defense except some pressure points ~ but I am old and crippled ~ I don't have any strength that doesn't come from bagua ~ or yoga ~

I'm 100 % convinced that the eyesight situation is caused by my medication ~ it's listed as a side effect and I've been taking it since 2015

I will probably start circle walking again ~ just walking without holding postures ~ circle walking is when I do my mandarin lessons ~ but it's been nice to have a break from both ~

just doing a form cases serious back pain right now ~ it's the seven years of holding static postures for 2.5 hours a day ~ it has added up into unbearable pain

whatever the problem is with the eyes ~ I need glasses now because I can't see

speaking of rules in martial arts ~ one tai chi teacher says you can't turn your head too far by letting your nose go past your knee because you will lose your balance ~ but the bagua teacher does it all the time ~ any thoughts

I may have been exaggerating about being able to read without glasses ~ my sight is strange ~ it changes from one moment to the next ~ anyway I need my glasses to read today and yesterday
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 01-08-2023 at 12:59 PM.