Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Bagua circle walking Ruin your eyesight ?

Does Bagua circle walking Ruin your eyesight ?

I have had 20 - 20 vision all of my life

for the past 5 years I have been bagua circle walking for two and a half hours a day in a mostly dark room with very little light

also at the same time I started circle walking - I started taking medication ~ on web MD list of side effects for the medication ~ changes in eyesight is listed as a possible side effect

I am losing my eyesight - everything is blurry and I can't read signs ~ just the other day I was told to stand right in front of a sign with large print on it and read it ~ I couldn't read it ~ it was blurry and I had double vision

does circle walking all the time effect eyesight ?

If you've been mudwalking for 2 and half hours a day for the last 5 years you should be able to shoot lazer beams from your eyes and qinggong over buildings.
    It's the medication get off it

that's what I was afraid of ~ I hope the damage isn't permanent

I hope you can get off the medication, maybe there are natural options for whatever treatment you need. Keep training the Bagua your dedication is awesome!
    Last edited by Chris Blaze; 12-17-2020 at 07:32 AM.

the problem is insomnia ~ there is a perfect natural option ~ you just need to live in the right state

bagua is the only thing that keeps me sane ~ when the world is ending I just walk the circle ~ when I'm upset I walk the circle ~ when I need to think I walk the circle ~ sometimes the two and a half hours of circle walking turns into 8 or 12 hours ~ I have severe bone pain in my legs from it but I can't stop walking ~
    I was holding 17 energy postures but right now I'm going through the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching for energy postures ~ I do one posture a day for two and a half hours as a qigong exercise ~ I change directions every 15 minutes

I do mostly ding shi circle walking but I also do standing exercises ~ straight line exercises ~ and forms ~ it's all just bagua chi kung to me ~ I do a lot of qigong ~ I do the forms and tai chi forms as a chi kung exercise ~ I'm only a chi kung practitioner ~ but I prefer bagua chi kung the most ~ I don't have any martial or self defense skills ~ only qigong
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-17-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokomkno3 View Post
    ~ sometimes the two and a half hours of circle walking turns into 8 or 12 hours ~ I have severe bone pain in my legs from it but I can't stop walking ~
    Well perhaps there's some chi kung exercises that could help what you call "bone pain", like the Muscle-Tendon Change Classic. To reduce the pain, you could spend half the time doing that and the other half doing what you normally do. I wonder what inspires you to spend so much time on your practice. Is there some person, book or video?

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Well perhaps there's some chi kung exercises that could help what you call "bone pain", like the Muscle-Tendon Change Classic. To reduce the pain, you could spend half the time doing that and the other half doing what you normally do. I wonder what inspires you to spend so much time on your practice. Is there some person, book or video?

not inspired by anyone or anything ~ just passing my time in solitude

I wrote a huge big long reply ~ but the forum logged me out and erased it

todays hexagram is 22 ~ mountain above ~ fire below ~ I don't read the I Ching or anything like that ~ I just do the physical qigong exercise
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-17-2020 at 01:07 PM.

todays hexagram is 22 ~ mountain above ~ fire below ~ I don't read the I Ching or anything like that ~ I just do the physical qigong exercise
    Wonder then if you walk the hexagram of the day. Hexagram 22 is hexagram 14 in the ancient I Ching (Mawangdui). It has "discarding the chariot and going on foot."

funny you posted that because I have a car and I don't want it ~ I just want to walk ~ I also read tarot cards and the description for my chariot card says that the chariot has many moving parts that must be maintained ~ I am a simple person ~ I don't like things with moving parts that can break down and I won't be able to fix ~ you probably can't imagine how bad it bothers me to own a car ~ I just want to discard it
    sounds like something an ultralight thru hiker would do
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-18-2020 at 08:41 PM.

I guess I had scurvy ~ that's where the bone pain was coming from ~ I only eat rice and have only been eating rice for several years ~ before that I ate nothing but ramen noodles for six years ~ my teeth have also been shattering ~ another symptom of scurvy ~ I've started taking vitamin C and the pain has gotten a lot better

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

A Question But More Discouraged venting Than A Question

Doing almost anything for hours on end in a dark or poorly lit room for years might affect eyesight. Eyes work with what they are given and they adjust. Taking medicine that damages eyesight might can affect eyesight. There is not necessarily anything declarative about circle walking to assess vision loss.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Thought is loss of vision is disparaging and you are mentally in darkness and post here not really thinking circle walking might be a cause but it is an excuse to connect with people.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Thank you for connecting. You are fit by how much you exercise. You might be malnourished by you deteriorating parts of your body. If you can digest it your body can try to distribute it appropriately. They said carrots for eyes for betacarotine. Something vegetables if you can. I eat frozen green beans every once-in-a-while for some nutrition for the body to build to maintain. If you cannot get nutrition at least eat, if can when can-ish.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Please verify how you are walking. How do you walk by the I Ch'ing with no trigram relating to any moves in Original school PaKua?

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Thought is loss of vision is disparaging and you are mentally in darkness and post here not really thinking circle walking might be a cause but it is an excuse to connect with people
    No ~ actually I thought circle walking might have something to do with it and I thought that there might be some circle walkers here that might have some input about the situation ~ and actually most people I wouldn't want to connect with ~ that's why I choose to live in solitude ~ I can't even post on a forum without someone trying to attack me , belittle me, or insult me. It's sad that trolls like you exist on this planet .

They said carrots for eyes for betacarotine. Something vegetables if you can. I eat frozen green beans every once-in-a-while
    Vegetables make me sick ~ I can't eat them ~ I don't know why

Please verify how you are walking. How do you walk by the I Ch'ing with no trigram relating to any moves in Original school PaKua?
    I don't know what you are asking ~ I walk Ding Shi for hours holding static postures ~ and then when I'm done with that I do PaKua Chang forms ~

I do more ding shi than anything ~

I don't care about the I Ching ~ I only care about the energy postures ~ I just happen to get my energy postures from a teacher who takes them from the I Ching ~

I do 8 palms in 64 different ways ~ I'm not interested in martial arts for fighting ~ I'm only interested in doing bagua for monastic exercises ~

Bagua is my religion ~ that is all ~ it doesn't have anything to do with martial arts ~ everything I do relates to the I ching ~ I don't understand what you are saying
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 05-22-2021 at 01:47 PM.

I guess I had scurvy ~ that's where the bone pain was coming from ~ I only eat rice and have only been eating rice for several years ~ before that I ate nothing but ramen noodles for six years ~ my teeth have also been shattering ~ another symptom of scurvy ~ I've started taking vitamin C and the pain has gotten a lot better
    The early Ming era navy used bean-sprouts to avoid scuvy since they had diets mostly of rice. Columbus brother the map maker very likely had copies of world maps the Chinese had made.

I just gained a few square meters of shelf space so I could give you more details when I start getting more books out of storage...

The early Ming era navy used bean-sprouts to avoid scuvy since they had diets mostly of rice. Columbus brother the map maker very likely had copies of world maps the Chinese had made.

I just gained a few square meters of shelf space so I could give you more details when I start getting more books out of storage...
    when I went into the army they gave me a whole bunch of injections ~ and then when I went to Iraq they gave me a whole bunch more injections ~ after that my body started having all kinds of problems that I never had before ~ since then I haven't been able to eat vegetables without getting sick and my whole body itches all the time

I doubt that I could eat the bean sprouts without having some kind of unpleasant physical reaction

maybe there is something wrong with eating too much rice I really don't know

I got another injection at the VA hospital in 2019 that was supposed to make me immune to a whole bunch of diseases ~ but every since then drinking water causes my throat to swell shut ~ so now drinking water is an unpleasant experience ~ the military is pure evil ~ they ruin everything
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 05-23-2021 at 11:25 AM.