Thread: Snake in the Monkeys Shadow

CH Guest

Snake in the Monkeys Shadow

Has anyone seen ‘Snake in the Monkeys Shadow’? its one of my top 3 kung –fu films! A classic!

Also, what does everyone think of Lee Yi Min (Mystery of Chess Boxing), hes one of my favourite actors!
    ;)

Kristoffer Guest
    uh, ya mean snake in the EAGLE's shadow right?
    :confused:

~K~
    "maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

Kristoffer Guest
    wich kinda sux anyway :D

~K~
    "maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

CH Guest

Not Snake in the Eagles!

Your obviously not a kung-fu film fan then! I said ‘Snake in the Monkeys Shadow’! :rolleyes:

MartialKnight Guest
    There is a film called "Snake in the Monkey's Shadow" and there is one called "Snake in the Eagle's Shadow". I hear they are both really good.

Jimbo Guest
    Snake in the Monkey's Shadow is a pretty good kung fu comedy movie. It was made when a lot of the movies were influenced by Jackie Chan's Drunken Master and Snake in the Eagle's Shadow. The star of it, John Chang, played one of the Manchu villains in Master Killer, and more recently bulked up and played "Bruce Lee's enemy" opposite Jason Scott Lee in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story.

Jim

eviljungle Guest

Dragon Fist

Did anyone else dig this old Chan movie? I dug it. :cool:

Snake in the Monkey's Shadow

If you buy a copy of this movie today this scene might be edited:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Eokek79SI
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

They also edited the final fight because they show flashbacks of this fight. Ruins the movie. Luckily I got myself an uncut version.

And to be honest I don't find the monkey being tied up cruel at all. The monkey is a character in the movie. Its a pet and its tied up the whole movie so it won't get away. If it wasn't tied up in the previous scenes but then all of a sudden is tied up for the fight with the snake, then yeah that would be cruel.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

What species of snake is that, I wonder.

Is it poisonous? Is that some bad-Arse snake killing monkey, or do all monkeys own snakes?

I want to see this movie now. What version should I get?

Go to the buy/sell/trade section on this site. http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."