Thread: Other styles that use sau chui?

Blog Entries

Other styles that use sau chui?

I've been spending most of my time studying chen tai chi lately, but I've been trying to find a technique that might have some connection to CLF sau chui in tai chi. Chen tai chi and CLF share some Northern Shaolin roots so it's not completely far-fetched. Any other styles that use a similar move? Or is it distinctly CLF?

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow View Post
    I've been spending most of my time studying chen tai chi lately, but I've been trying to find a technique that might have some connection to CLF sau chui in tai chi. Chen tai chi and CLF share some Northern Shaolin roots so it's not completely far-fetched. Any other styles that use a similar move? Or is it distinctly CLF?
    Well if you did some of the Chen whip movements with a closed fist they would be very close, but then they are very close to some Latin American dance moves too, although there's a little less likely a connection, unless you count that Chinese ship wreck in the San Francisco Bay before the Spanish ever got there...

Blog Entries
    I've recently seen some videos of Baji where the teacher is using some moves similar to the sau chui. Primarily it's a forearm strike. So I think it can be found in Northern styles.