Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Manits USEFUL?

Like what?

The leg takedowns.
    "On the Moon, losers have their pants pulled down, and they are spanked with Moon rocks!" - Err and Ignignokt

Mantis works!

Being a Xingyi man, I have a huge respect for Pmantis, also Wing Chun.

Both are very street effective.

Much Kung Fu is based in reality, some isn't. Disregard what is the latest martial fad or combative sports.

Pmantis has been around for a long time becuase it's effective.

Earth Dragon

In another thread, you said that in UFC 6 and 7 an 8 step stylist won using mantis ground fighting.

I have heard that almost no one gets to learn that technique. Have you even learned it?

What's up with that?

syre

here are some questions from another thread reguarding some one asking about low mantis

Earth D
    I couldn't find that article you were talking about. Can you tell me about the low mantis without comparison to BJJ.

1) How does it deal with the bottom position on the ground

2) Does it stress position first or attack first

3) Does it have an arsenal of submissions

4) Is its aim to finish on the ground or regain the standing position

These are just a few basic questions. I cant find any info over the net; you traditionals are always so secretive
    http://www.kungfuUSA.net

syre

this is how I ansewred

arch angel I will breifly answer your questions without going into deatail, yes I am tradtionally old fashioned that was my kung fu upbringing, I learned from an chinese master who would never tell you anything beofre you were ready and then sometimes not even when you were.... LOL

1. we dont, we like to use leveradge to flip our opponents over and take the dominate postition. thing of a bug on his back , he will flip over when fighting.

2. always attack, we always will try to destory your center of balance and never let you regain it, then to move into postition is easier and we create the time to do so while our opponent is trying to regain his center.

3. we have 24 leg techniques, 14 hand techniques, and many locks from chinna fa, we also have shui chiao in our system which is awsome in the fact that many throws roll into automatic locks, so when you are falling with your opponent you follow the movement of the fall and you seize their limbs, when you stop you then just apply pressure, very effective and almost impossible to counter. as like many BJJ tech, they all have counters.

4. on the ground, once you have fallen it takes to much time and energy to stand up, so as soon as well fall our mission is to seize lock and break as soon as we can ending the confrontation again I will not disclose to much info for everyone to see for our motto is secrets and techniques and 8 step is reguarded extremly effective and highly respected for those reasons, but I hope that I answered all your questions thanks for your interest. your freind E.D

Syre I hope that this helps to answer your questions good luck in 2002... E.D
    http://www.kungfuUSA.net