Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Tiger's Tale by Patrick Lugo

A Tiger's Tale by Patrick Lugo

We've been remiss not starting a thread on our dear Senior Graphic Artist's Patrick Lugo (Design Sifu here) and his project continuing A Tiger's Tale since our print mag died of Covid.

Read my BTS piece for website: Tracking Tiger’s Tale

threads
    A-Tiger-s-Tale-by-Patrick-Lugo
    Shi-Yan-Ming-amp-Shaolin-Temple-USA
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Name:  ShiYanMing-cvrs.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  99.2 KB

Name:  IG-week-15_02_02.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  91.9 KB

#TigerTuesday webcomic FREE

In October of 1997 the first episode of Tiger’s Tale was published in the pages of Kung Fu Tai Chi (alternatively called Wushu Kungfu or Kungfu Qigong at the time) magazine. Some of you may even remember those back page features.

Two dozen years later The Graphic Novel approaches realization.
    One of its secret origin begins here: https://atigerstale.com/a-tigers-tale-kans-secret/

Name:  ATigersTaleDOTcom.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  108.4 KB

Read it, comment. Subscribe!
    #tigertusday #atigerstale #wuxia #webcomic #middlegrade

Back issue

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The comics fu show #2

For anyone who's just now catching SHANG CHI

New updates! #tigertuesday

In case wondering has been keeping you up at night, some updates.

Today marks week 11 in the #tigertuesday countdown to the official launch of the A TIGER’S TALE Graphic Novel. It’s also #folktaleweek for those who follow such things. So let me tell you about Xingtian (刑天)
    Name:  C8EF7F62-68E5-459A-9B9A-5512BE8BC556.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  103.5 KB
    He was a rebel leader whose beheading did not keep him from leading his army.
    Plus there’s a new comic at aTigersTale.com

… just a secret origin of the universe in comics form.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    In case wondering has been keeping you up at night, some updates.

Today marks week 11 in the #tigertuesday countdown to the official launch of the A TIGER’S TALE Graphic Novel. It’s also #folktaleweek for those who follow such things. So let me tell you about Xingtian (刑天)
    Name:  C8EF7F62-68E5-459A-9B9A-5512BE8BC556.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  103.5 KB
    He was a rebel leader whose beheading did not keep him from leading his army.
    Plus there’s a new comic at aTigersTale.com

… just a secret origin of the universe in comics form.
    Yikes! The resemblance to a co-worker is uncanny. Its as if the Jade Egg and Iron Crotch masters had offspring...

Secret Sunday Special Announcement!

You are learning about this first!
    For the whole story, subscribe to A Tiger's Tale (it's free) before our November 23rd #TigerTuesday exclusive!

Name:  IG_TU2_Tiles_03.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  91.8 KB

Here's the Big Announcement!

When the artist you admire agrees to provide art for your project; that's something to be thankful for. When they offer additional art as prescription/inspiration - perhaps that project is on it's way.
    or should I say 為?

You see, on the advice of others, it had been suggested that I find an artist of some renown to provide an alternate cover for my project. With a growing number of martial arts themed comics appearing this year alone, several comic artists immediately came to mind, but in keeping with the hidden spirit of A Tiger’s Tale, I felt it was more important to offer a cover created in the tradition of shu-mo hua (水墨畫) ink-wash painting. At the top of that list of artist was our Grandmaster Tu Jin-sheng. Not only has he made available one of his painting for use as cover art (to be unveiled in a future post) for the A TIGER's TALE graphic novel, he generously provided this second painting. Part inspiration, part prescription: the painting he provided is his interpretation of the Shaolin Muscle Tendon Change Classic (Shaolin Yijinjing 少林易筋經) what I'll be calling The Original Workout in this piece on aTigersTale.com

Name:  YoTT_10.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  106.0 KB

Working in collaboration with Grandmaster Tu we’ve printed a limited run of postcards using the Yijinjing artwork above as well as the secret cover art. Deluxe print are also in the works. Both will be made available to subscribers first (who’ve already had a glimpse of Master Tu’s cover art), then they will be offered to our general audience in the new year; Chinese New Year.
    The subscribe it free and comes with all sorts of extra features.

Some Comic Art + Behind-the-Page

Name:  YoTT_9.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  97.7 KB
    Have a behind the scenes look at the the evolution of the birth of the Muscle Tendon Change Classic (yijinjing 易筋經) scene with-in the A Tiger's Tale comics.
    From the original comic as printed in Wushu Kung Fu Qigong in 1996
    Name:  TT04_merged.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  104.9 KB

and what it looks like today.

Name:  Yijinjing-2021-B.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  85.4 KB

#behindthescenes #ncbd #makingcomics #kungfu #wuxia #shaolinkungfu #yijinjing #bodybuilding #bodhidharma #tamo #plugoarts #atigerstale

Week 8

On week 8 we'll take a look at some gallery exhibits
    Name:  YoTT_8.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  98.7 KB

Week 7: An Exclusive Interview at aTigersTale.com

Name:  ATT12142021_header.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  69.7 KB
    On week 7 of our #TigerTuesday countdown I'd like you to meet Sifu Mark Horton (Hong Ying Sifu 洪英老师) martial artist, champion, author & illustrator of the 2021 graphic novel CHAN HUENG: MASTER OF KUNG FU. Exclusive Interview with Free Preview Pages!
    https://lnkd.in/dfcR6QnW
    #tigertuesday #atigerstale #exclusive #interview #KungFu #graphicnovels #martialarts #martialartist #selfpublishing #comics

Who else likes stickers?

Name:  tt_patch-01-1.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  80.5 KB
    Check out the newest addition to the #PLUGOarts sticker vault. This glossy 3 inch round will be available to backers of the A TIGER'S TALE Crowdfunding campaign; beginning on February 1st 2022 #sticker #swag #atigerstale #graphicnovel #crowdfunding #campaign

Martial or Meditation Monday?

There's a special new webcomic coming to A TIGER'S TALE tomorrow! Enjoy this sneak peek.
    Name:  IG_w5_Tiles_01.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  79.1 KB
    But the exclusive gift comes to inboxes of subscribers. Sign Up! Subscriptions are Free.