Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A Tiger's Tale by Patrick Lugo

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Yeah, only 10 days left until the year of the Rabbit. What we need now is a good Kung Fu Rabbit on the scale Usagi Yojimbo...
    This is Truth, though Yojimbo has a decades long head start. It's a good thing our Kung Fu Tiger has been around since the 90's and is now finally getting some recognition
    PLUGO (formerly Design Sifu) author, illustrator, comic creator:@PLUGO on Twitter | @PLUGOarts on Instagram - but all the good stuff is on PLUGOarts.com

On Tuesday, January 24, 7:30pm PST, I will be appearing LIVE on THE COMICS FU SHOW AFTER-DARK. Tune in and turn on with my good friends Patrick Lugo and Kurtis Fujita as we chat about Kung Fu, comic books, the Lunar New Year of the Rabbit, and the action fandom.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The COMICS FU SHOW - After Dark!

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A TIGER's TALE vol. 1 & 2 Funded!

The News arrived at 9:45am PST

Name:  61Backers.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  38.7 KB

There remains 22 day in which to reach the campaign's true goal: 100 backers.
    PLUGO (formerly Design Sifu) author, illustrator, comic creator:@PLUGO on Twitter | @PLUGOarts on Instagram - but all the good stuff is on PLUGOarts.com

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by @PLUGO View Post
    The News arrived at 9:45am PST

Name:  61Backers.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  38.7 KB

There remains 22 day in which to reach the campaign's true goal: 100 backers.
    Now for that stretch goal...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Who wants to be a bad guy!?

I've added a new Reward tier to our Kickstart.aTigersTale.com campaign.
    Name:  Reward_200-MonsterYourself.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  91.8 KB
    Monsterize Yourself! Appear in the book!

One brave backer can have their likeness included in the grand finale of volume 2. Become an under-boss among an army of monsters in this singular reward tier. Your name will be included in the thank-you section of the book and you'll receive a copy of volumes 1 & 2.

Wuxia Wednesday on THE COMICS FU SHOW

Since the launch of Season 2 of THE COMICS FU SHOW (on Lunar New Year) we've had 20 Guests.

Name:  TCFS_guest_DWei.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  104.2 KB

2/15 2:PM PST David Wei, Founder of the Wudang West Cultural Heritage Center

Name:  TCFS0215630pm.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  116.4 KB

2/15 6:30 PM PST Animation Extravaganza with animators from Avatar Studios

Watch live on Kickstart.aTigersTale.com

A Tiger's Tale volume 2: Campaign Closes at 191%

9:00pm PST Tuesday February 21st, 2023 - it became official.

Name:  ATTv2onKS_FINAL.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  45.7 KB

The Kickstarter campaign for A Tiger's Tale volumes 1 & 2 accrued a numbers of successes on its way to completion
    A short list of them include
    • Funding goal reached in 1 week
    • Project We Love
    • 100 Backer goal reached
    • Featured as Kickstarter Read’s Project of the Day (2/20/2)
    • All stretch goals unlocked*

Name:  ATTv2_BoBGlossCVR.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  94.5 KB

*The stretch goals which make this graphic novel even more luxurious are listed below –
    $3900: A Thank You Section
    $4000: Spot Gloss Title
    $4500: 6 Additional Pages
    $5000: 10 Additional Pages
    $5,500: Custom printed Backer-Board

Not only will your copy of A Tiger's Tale volume 2 arrive bagged and boarded (like a properly collectable comic should) That board will come printed with artwork on both sides. On Side A the above mentioned pin-up by Sifu Kurtis Fujita and side B will feature a custom commission by the Hawaiian born animation professional recently turned graphic novelist Lahela Schoessler.

$6000: Gate-Fold-out map

Explore the world of Pan-Gu with a specially illustrated map of the world of A TIger's Tale in a gate-fold cover to the book which, when unfolded, reveals its map!

Very excited to receive this in the mail! I will post once I get it.

behind Kung Fu SkillZ

Most of my summer of 2022 was devoted to fulfilling volume 1 of A Tiger’s Tale. There were, however, a handful of more free-lance type projects which could not be denied. Among them were a couple of short comic projects, tea labels and a very specific logo. KUNG FU SKILLZ for Hung Gar Master, Sifu Kurtis Fujita, my co-host on THE COMICS FU SHOW.

Name:  KUNG FU SKILLZ Logo 3.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  43.5 KB

Qingming!

It's not a Kung Fu Easter but thematically connected via celestial bodies. How closely have you looked at the Lunisolar calendar of the ancients? It makes the connection between all of this week's holidays in an interesting way. Meanwhile, if you'd like some official A Tiger's Tale Spirit Money for fun with the Ancestors.
    Name:  QingMengJossMoney-C.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  116.4 KB
    You can download it here.

Live Crowdfunding Workshop Saturday 5/13/2023

Has the idea of running a crowdfunding campaign ever crossed your mind?

Does it feel a bit overwhelming or intimidating?

If so, you are in luck. KidsComicsUnite.com asked me to teach a crowdfunding workshop on May 13th that not only answers ALL your questions, but also gives you a step-by-step plan on how to run your entire campaign.

Registration is now open for Crowdfunding: 5 Helpful Hacks with Patrick Lugo!

This 3-hour online workshop will take place on Saturday, May 13th at 10 AM PST | 1 PM EST. It will be live, so you can interact with Patrick and make sure you get all your questions answered.

If you can't attend live but still want the workshop, you'll get the replay if you sign up.

The Tiger Medal

2023 marks the first Championship I was not personally involved in. Though some of my work was represented by the custom designed medals used to award champions. I’ve designed 100’s of custom medals and other awards throughout the years and The Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship medals have consistantly been among my most epic designs. I thought I would share the process behind one of our most elaborate designs.

The Tiger Medal of 2016.

Name:  IMG_0614-scaled.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  91.6 KB

Free book-giveaway!

Name:  img_8447.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  116.1 KB
    Fulfillment for volume 1 of A Tiger’s Tale is about to begin. There are backers of my most recent campaign who’s books could be shipped before production on volume 2 is complete and we’ve I’ve decided June must include fulfilling obligations to backers waiting for volume 1 of A Tiger’s Tale.

Because I’ll be shipping copies out when the Month ends, I’ve decided to host a giveaway! I’ll ship a free copy of A Tiger’s Tale volume 1 to one subscriber of the Tiger Talk Newsletter.

No purchase is necessary. Deadline to subscribe will be #TigerTuesday June 27th 12:00pm noon PST. Then on #WuxiaWednesday June 28th I will randomly select one subscriber to reach out to for an address where they’d like a copy shipped. It’s at this point I’ll also ask if they would like their name announced in a follow-up newsletter update and/or a subsequent #tigertuesday blog post

Got my copy of Volume 1 just in time for the Independence Day holiday and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. Loved the glossary section that explained the terms.

Excited for Volume 2!