Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Tiger's Tale by Patrick Lugo

New webcomic!

A Tiger’s Tale: Tamo & Tea
    The final #tigertuesday post for 2021 is a webcomic first! Created entirely on an iPad using the app PROCREATE this comic tells the tale of Tamo & Tea
    Name:  Tamo_N_TeaBRANDED.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  106.0 KB
    #atigerstale #free #webcomic #procreateart #tamo #bodhidarma #shaolin #zen #meditation #buddhism #tea #puerhaddict #greentea #linkinbio

An Introduction to Tea

As a “thank you” for support subscribers received an 8 page PDF excerpted from the book Haute Tea Cuisine: New Techniques for Tea-Infused French Cooking by Fred Lit Yu you can read the intro here: https://atigerstale.com/a-brief-introduction-to-tea/
    Name:  Into2HauteTea.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  99.9 KB

Your # has no value here...

You should copy these two to our Tea thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Special Announcement!

Is this a cover reveal? Perhaps.

Name:  YoTT_4.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  106.7 KB

Or it’s a teaser to check out today’s #tigertuesday post on aTigersTale.com There are only four weeks remaining before the official launch of #atigerstale and there’s so much yet to share with you!

Interview

Normally I’m the one asking questions. But this interview with Solo Nerd Bird Podcast made for an illuminating view of my journey from comic artist to graphic designer / illustrator and back.

You can find it on the usual podcast servers
    Apple Podcasts
    SoundCloud
    Spotify

But if you want the visuals - including what works of art are in arms reach at any given moment - here's the video...

Comics Unscripted Interview

I was invited to talk my project A Tiger's Tale on the Foreign Press podcast COMICS UNSCRIPTED
    Name:  CUS-FPC-interview.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  50.6 KB

We ended up discussing a lot of Kung Fu type philosophy and the difference between THE TAO OF POOH and BLACK WIDOW
    Name:  BW.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  87.6 KBName:  TaoofPooh - 1.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  99.6 KB

The comics fu show: #3

Brad Graeber is a pillar in the field of Animation. He is the founder and CEO/CCO of Powerhouse Animation which you may recall from KungFuMagazine's coverage of Seis Manos (Plus Masters of the Universe: Revelations, Castlevania, Blood of Zeus). As a lifelong Martial Artist and Kung Fu exponent he joined my co-host Kurtis and I to talk Kung Fu, MMA, animations and more.

Endorsed

By none other than THE GENE CHING
    Name:  ATT-Ching-endorcement.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  108.6 KB

Tiger Tuesday with Sifu Brian Kuttel!

Brian Kuttel is Program Director of the Doc-Fai Wong Martial Arts Center and a full-time instructor. He earned the title of Sifu and was accepted as a disciple under Tai Sifu Jason J. Wong in 2014. He has generously offered to share some of his teachings on the tiger of Choy Li Fut. This spotlight includes excerpts from his article originally published in the April 2018 of KUNG FU TAI CHI
    Name:  2EDCF0A4-2930-4962-8B9E-3809A73DCDFF.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  81.5 KB
    as well as some practical training videos, like this one...

check it out.

TIGER TALK FEB 1st!

I’ve asked a few amazing friends to join me in celebrating the arrival of Year of the Tiger with a series of Tiger Talks - check the teaser trailer https://youtu.be/3N1Y1qvVm2g via @YouTube
    I bet you'll recognize a face or two.

PLUGO + Sifu Mimi Chan

Cover Master and Modern Day Mulan had me over for a Facebook Live update on A TIGER's TALE on kickstarter!
    Name:  Mimi-n-me.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  88.4 KB

Learn more at Kickstart.aTigersTale.com

I kept saying "I wouldn't call myself a Martia Artist"

And yet he kept describing me as one! Then I realized he probably thinks I'm being humbled and that the more I deny it the more I probably am! Either way I was doomed.
    Surprisingly, I ended up sounding almost wise! Check it out.

Has anyone noticed the Kickstarter Campaign?

Been a little busy Riding the Tiger so I haven't posted much.

But I'll be interviewed live on the show STORY COMIC later today
    Name:  StoryComic.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  51.4 KB

4:PM PST | 7:PM EST
    Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/24353829444...25993946202165
    YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNnksU9EKm8

Hope to catch some of you there with some questions and announcements!

Looking for FOUR NEW BACKERS!

So check it out, the Kickstart.aTigersTale.com campaign has just passed the 50 backer mark. We just need 4 new backers to unlock free posters for those FIRST 55!
    Name:  1st55.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  101.8 KB

Even folks who only want a PDF can have a poster if they're part of those 1st 55!

Tiger Talk this Tuesday!

Remember Anthony Kelly, Guinness World Record holder for such thing as catching arrows, catching them blindfolded and over 50 more.
    He was featured in the October 2010 issue of KUNG FU TAI CHI. He joined me on the latest episode of TIGER TALK

Kickstart.aTigersTale.com
    Tiger Talk 2 with Guinness Book of world record holder Anthony Kelly
    https://youtu.be/utGTt9Zenpo