Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A Tiger's Tale by Patrick Lugo

This Week's Wuxia Reveal!

This Week's Wuxia Warrior is non other than our own David Jamieson!
    Have a look at this glimpse of the illustration in process then click over to see the finished piece.
    Name:  Screen-Shot-2022-07-09-at-2.08.11-PM-2-1.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  98.9 KB

Wuxia Warrior 5 Revealed

We have another KungFuMagazine.com die hard coming in to help round our this series of illustrations.
    Name:  WW5of6_Reveal-pixel.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  82.4 KB
    Each Wuxia Warriors seeks to capture the spirit of their subject, their Qi; that effort demands more than reference photos. Each subject was surveyed with questions that would define their character and you can now read them and perhaps recognize who this latest hero may be.
    Do You Practice A Specific Kung Fu Style You’d Like Me To Use?
    Answer: Eagle Claw
    What is Your Weapon Of Choice?
    Answer: The Da Dao
    What’s Your Favorite Kung Fu Movie?
    Answer: Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow

Wuxia Warrior 6 of 6

Our final warrior provided the mighty challenge of being drawn only from the survey questions that would help define the character.
    Name:  WW6of6_Reveal-pixel.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  82.0 KB

Original Art on Display

Name:  ATT-at-SUN-H.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  100.1 KB

The 2022 Make More Comics Art Grant recipient A Tiger’s Tale volume 1. will be featured in the 32nd Annual Children’s Book Illustrator Exhibit at the Sun Gallery, in Hayward California from August 26 – October 15, 2022. Front and center, I’m told.

There will be a Reception and Book Signing for the Artists on Saturday, September. 10th 2022 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm
    PLUGO (formerly Design Sifu) author, illustrator, comic creator:@PLUGO on Twitter | @PLUGOarts on Instagram - but all the good stuff is on PLUGOarts.com

Speed Paint: Lam Sai Wing

I'll be personally delivering this original art to the KungFuMagazine headquarters later today.

A Tiger's Tale: Gallery Appearance

Name:  ATT-at-SUN-gallery-BlogHeader.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  103.3 KB

A Tiger's Tale volume 1 was featured at the 32nd Annual Children's Book Illustrator Exhibition at the SUn Gallery in Hayward California. An Artist's Reception and book signing took place just this past Saturday. It was my first in-person appearance as a creator (rather than journalist or whatever) in a number of years. In many ways I welcomed slipping back into the groove of “party-mode,” being in the right place at the right time, remembering names and faces.

Of course, there were plenty of new names and faces. Some who I’ve been fortunate to meet over the online various online events which have become the norm. The chance to deepen those connections and even sign a few copies of A TIGER’s TALE vol. 1 was welcome and well worth celebrating.

See some highlights below -
    PLUGO (formerly Design Sifu) author, illustrator, comic creator:@PLUGO on Twitter | @PLUGOarts on Instagram - but all the good stuff is on PLUGOarts.com

Reader Reviews like no other!

As evidenced by the 2022 Make More Comics grant and its reception at the Sun Gallery, A Tiger's Tale volume one continues to speak readers of all ages. We've recently added a reviews section to aTigersTale.com which remains open to all. Let me share with you a recent review written by a young reader (age 14) from overseas:

"It is the best and most thrilling comic I have read! The colour’s go so well with the story, and draw you in from the first page, al the way to the very last one! The way it has been written, is amazing!"
    Added to that, our #TigerTuesday blog just posted the second in a series of three poetic reviews like no other. Reader/Writer C.M. Darensbourg has written three poetic meditations on characters and events depicted with-in the pages of A Tiger's Tale volume 1. These are truly inspired written works which I'm honored to present.

Name:  Meditation_ATT.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  99.4 KB

New Tamo Apparel!

I've got two new Bodhidharma Designs available on T-shirts, Hoodies and most everything else from cellphone cases to shower curtains. Check 'em out!
    Name:  work-124623056-magnet.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  77.0 KBName:  work-124910341-sticker.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  72.6 KBName:  work-124910341-active-t-shirt.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  90.3 KBName:  work-124623056-zipped-hoodie.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  85.5 KB

i Ching and A Tiger's Tale

Over the past couple of weeks I've been exploring one of the original naming conventions for the characters of A Tiger's Tale. Namely, the I Ching

Name:  TTOCT18BLOG-2022.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  101.4 KB

We've covered

Read TIGER TALES the digital spin-off!

Chronicling the adventure of The Tiger Twins as they journey from the Jade Palace at the very top of the world to the source of humanities woes. Along the way they must find allies and assistants who can carry the burden of their quest for the generations to come! Subscribe Now!
    Name:  30Day_00.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  77.1 KB
    Explore the world of Pan Gu with the Tiger Twins, raised by the Queen of Tigers and tutored in the secret working of the Tao follow brothers Chen & Puah as they set out to pass their wisdom to a new generation of heroes.
    Name:  Tiger Tales Pangu Patreon.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  96.6 KB

Post SAVE THE DATE!!! A Tiger's Tale vol. 1 1/23/23

Name:  KS-IMAGE-3L-dated.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  109.7 KB

Mark your calendar and prepare to celebrate the first day of the Lunar New Year with our Kickstart.aTigersTale.com launch party! Monday January 23, 2023.

20 Day Countdown!

Name:  30Day_20.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  97.1 KB

Today marks the 20 day countdown to the launch of A TIGER'S TALE volume 2 on Kickstarter! Click Here to be among the first to be notified of our epic Lunar New Year online-book-launch!

Name:  KS IMAGE 3L dated.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  109.7 KB

The 10 Day Countdown to 1/23/23

The lucky part of this day is that the campaign for Kickstart.aTigersTale.com has reCHED ITS 10 DAY COUNTDOWN.

Name:  30Day_10.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  81.0 KB

There's still a lot to do over those ten days and I'll be counting on fans of A Tiger's Tale and Kung Fu Tai Chi so show up!

Quote Originally Posted by @PLUGO View Post
    The lucky part of this day is that the campaign for Kickstart.aTigersTale.com has reCHED ITS 10 DAY COUNTDOWN.

There's still a lot to do over those ten days and I'll be counting on fans of A Tiger's Tale and Kung Fu Tai Chi so show up!
    Yeah, only 10 days left until the year of the Rabbit. What we need now is a good Kung Fu Rabbit on the scale Usagi Yojimbo...

The comics fu show live!

Name:  TCFS-2023.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  118.3 KB

THE COMICS FU SHOW Is about to come out of hiatus for the it’s 2023 season. Over its first season we chatted with Martial Arts Masters, Movie Stars, Comic Creators and the founder of Powerhouse Animation Studios. To celebrate the launch of season two, we are planing a series of Tuesday and Sunday live streams.

THE COMICS FU SHOW Live! Beginning 1/22/23 and every Sunday and Tuesday until 2/19/23

Featuring our resident Kung Fu Master Kurtis Fujita and Guest Kung Fu Masters from around the world we’re planning a series of ASK THE KUNG FU MASTER segments. Open to comic creators who’d want to punch up their action scenes and fight choreography or have burning historical or philosophical questions in need of an answer. Many of these masters were initially inspired by comics and some have a keen interest in both.
    SCHEDULE

1/22 – 9:00pm PST – New Year’s Eve Special Live Cast with Sifu Kurtis Fujita.
    1/23 – 9:45am PST – Solo Live Kickstart.aTigersTale.com Launch Cast
    1/23 – 8:00pm PST – THE COMICS FU SHOW New Year Special!
    1/24 – 12:00pm PST – Gong Fu Tea with Dr. John Kokko
    1/24 – 2:00pm PST – Shakuhachi Flute with Cornelius Boots
    1/24 – 7:30pm PST – THE COMICS FU SHOW AFTER-DARK with Shaolin Disciple Gene Ching; Publisher of KungFuMagazine.com
    1/25 – 2:00pm PST – Wuxia Wednesday – Barney Smith of Story Comic
    1/29 – 2:00pm PST – Ennead. Rule of Nine the graphic novel by JL Johnson Jr.
    1/31 – 12:30pm PST – Favorite Fight Scene & Headlines with Grant Balfour
    1/31 – 3:00pm PST – Shaolin Nun the comic series by JC Carter & Co.

For more check out Kickstart.aTigersTale.com