Thread: Ladki - Enter The Girl Dragon

Ladki - Enter The Girl Dragon

Not to be confused with Ram Charan's film, Tollywood's Bruce Lee The Fighter

Ram Gopal Varma's "Bruce Lee" first look poster
    October 2, 2015 12:52 IST

Ram Gopal released the trailer of his upcoming film Bruce Lee a day before the music launch of Ram Charan's upcoming movie that is also titled Bruce Lee. The source adds that RGV has actually made a girl from Mumbai named Pooja undergo martial arts training for the film. "The girl is still under training in Mumbai and once she gets into shape, RGV will complete the film," says the source. The film will be made in Hindi and then dubbed into Telugu. Director tweeted on his personal account - My interpretation of the greatest theme music I ever heard in my life from my film "Bruce Lee".

P.S. www.mkbrucelee.com is a dead link.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

www.mkbrucelee.com is live now

There's not much on it yet beyond a Bollywood remix of Lalo Schifrin's iconic Enter the Dragon title track. I luv Bollywood but I hate this remix.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That is one skinny lady, with no shape to her legs.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Greetings,

When I first saw the poster, I said to myself,"What is she trying to say with that pose? Enter the (as in my) Dragon?" I could not stop laughing when I clicked to see what this was all about and heard the score from ETD.

mickey

Stupid fellows!

Not you guys, s_r & mickey.

I suspect there's a little photoshop stretchin' going on with Pooja's legs.

LEAKED VIDEO: Chiranjeevi Scolding Fans After Bruce Lee Audio Release
    Posted by: Pravallika Anjuri Updated: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 13:26 [IST]

Chiranjeevi is in news for wrong reasons once again. The actor has had bad instances of getting caught on camera while losing his cool during many of his political meetings. This time he was spotted shouting at his own fans, which is quite difficult for mega fans to digest. Chiranjeevi is in fact known for his extreme patience in dealing with his fans but a video that is making rounds online since yesterday, has come as a shocker. Chiranjeevi graced the audio launch of Ram Charan's forthcoming release, Bruce Lee a week ago. Apparently, while leaving the audio venue, the actor was caught on camera calling a fan, 'Stupid Fellow'. According to the video, the particular person disturbed Chiru, with his pleasantries while he was on stage. The star yelled at him for his over enthusiastic hellos and questioned if he is expecting him to receive him. This leaked video, which is now creating a rage on social networking sites, has upset mega fans. Apparently, many opine that it is common for anyone to lose cool.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'm confused.

Bruce Lee kick-starts!

By Krishna B Nair [ November 18, 2015 ]

Young musician-actor G. V. Prakash, after the success of Trisha Illana Nayanthara, is all set for his next venture Bruce Lee. As per the latest update from the film's sources, shooting for the action flick directed by Prashanth Pandiyaraj begins today. The film featuring G. V. Prakash in an out-and-out action avatar for the very first time, has already created hype among audiences with its first look posters. Produced under the banner of Kenanya Films, Bruce Lee has G. V. Prakash paired with the sensational Telugu heroine Kirti Kharbanda.

Though the film's shoot is just starting today, there is a huge buzz that the first single track of the film will be released on November 27th which marks the 75th birth anniversary of actor and martial arts legend Bruce Lee. However, an official update on the same is yet to come. Stay tuned with Galatta.com to know more about the film!
    This describes the other Bruce Lee film from India. But that was already released.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

May 1, 2016?

GV's Bruce Lee Might Come in May? HomeTamil homeNews GV's Bruce Lee Might Come in May?

By Ambili S [ December 14, 2015 ]
    Young musician-actor G. V. Prakash, who is basking in the success of Trisha Illana Nayanthara, is currently busy with next venture Bruce Lee. The action flick directed by Prashanth Pandiyaraj, features G. V. Prakash in an out-and-out action avatar for the very first time. The film has already created hype among audiences with its recently released first look posters. Produced under the banner of Kenanya Films, Bruce Lee has G.V. Prakash paired with the Telugu sensational heroine Kirti Kharbanda.
    The latest is that the film might hit the screens on May 1
    Never did catch that other Indian Bruce Lee flick...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Unnodu Ka

Didn't think this was quite worthy of its own thread as we've got two Indian Bruce Lee film threads and none of us have reviewed either.

Narayan plays bruce lee
    Mrinalini Sundar | TNN | Apr 16, 2016, 01.00 AM IST

Actor Narayan will play Bruce Lee in his next film, Unnodu Ka. Elaborating about his role, Narayan says, "I play Bruce Lee, a funny guy. The heroine will fall for me because of my name. She assumes that I, too, can fight with people like the real Bruce Lee. But when she comes to know that I'm incapable, the story becomes interesting. She then dumps me because of her wrong assumption. The movie is an out-and-out comedy and will be a fun entertainer." The movie directed by RK has Aari and debutant Maaya playing the lead roles. Prabhu, Bala Saravanan, Urvashi, Manobala and Mansoor Ali Khan are part of the cast, too. Talking about his choice of roles, Narayan says, "I have been doing a lot of comedy films. However, I am looking forward to doing some action and serious roles, too. I want to break the stereotype and explore different characters."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Not about martial arts? WTH?!?

Now why isn't Shannon complaining about this film too?

'Bruce Lee has humour, but with a difference'
    By S Subhakeerthana | Express News Service | Published: 22nd October 2016 06:23 AM |
    Last Updated: 22nd October 2016 06:23 AM

Bruce GV Prakash and Kriti Kharbanda

If you think GV Prakash’s upcoming film Bruce Lee, directed by debutant filmmaker Prashanth Pandiraj, is about martial arts, you’re mistaken. Prashanth, an associate of Pandiraj of Pasanga (2009) fame, tells City Express that he saw Prakash’s maiden acting venture Darling (2015) and thought he should write him a comedy. It was initially called Baasha Engira Antony.

“I was apprehensive; when I approached him, I didn’t know if he would like the story/script. But he liked it so much. Eventually, we became good friends. We had a great time on the sets. That must have reflected a lot in the movie. If you saw how we made this film, you’ll understand what I am talking about.”

Speaking about the title, the filmmaker talks about the characters’ attributes as the main reasons. “The real Bruce Lee was a great man, who was also bold. But here, the hero is a coward, and the heroine is brave. Bruce Lee will have humour, but with a difference. Don’t expect a heavy story, as my aim was to entertain the audience. I am sure this film will establish me as a capable director,” he says.

Prashanth’s entry to filmdom was through short films. One of his entries was selected on a popular TV channel. “There has been no looking back since. I am indebted to Pandiraj for teaching me a lot about filmmaking techniques,” he says.

The story is about how the hero lands in trouble for no fault of his, and faces the challenges thrown at him. “The whole story has been laced with light-hearted moments and in fact, there are no action scenes. Prakash has a natural flair for comedy, and the film has come out well,” he smiles.

What more can he reveal about the film? “This will be on the lines of Soodhu Kavvum (2013), appealing to the younger lot and we have shown Prakash in a different dimension altogether. Simply put, it’s a Hollywood-type villain-story,” he laughs.

Prashanath belongs to Tiruchy and is an ardent fan of actor Vijay. “So, the character I created on screen likes him. Personally, Prakash also admires Vijay.”

Having shot in and around Tiurchy, the film has Kriti Kharbanda, Rajendran, Bala Saravanan, Mansoor Ali Khan and Anandaraj, among others in pivotal roles. Meanwhile, we hear that the story has a villain, who’s shown like someone who hasn’t watched a Tamil film at all on screen.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Curious

If Shannon calls out Birth of the Dragon for whitewashing, what kind of washing is this?

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Pongal

If you don't know Indian culture, pongal probably has no meaning for you.

For the record, pongal is one of my all time favorite traditional Indian dishes.

GV Prakash’s 'Bruce Lee' backs out from Pongal race
    Source : SIFY By : MOVIEBUZZ Last Updated: Sat, Jan 07, 2017 10:38 hrs

GV Prakash Kumar’s black comedy film Bruce Lee has backed out from Pongal race. Sources say that Lyca Productions did not want to clash with the mighty Bairavaa which is having a very big release.

As Bruce Lee has been postponed, Pongal 2017 will only have three releases —Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Bairavaa on January 12, Vijay Sethupathi’s Puriyaadha Pudhir on January 13 and director Parthiepan’s Kodita Idangalai Nirappuga starring Shanthanu and Parvathy Nair on January 14.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

a review (I know y'all were waiting for one)

The reviews have been poor overall. Save your rupees for the next Akki flick.

Bruce Lee Movie Review
    Thinkal Menon, TNN, Updated: Mar 17, 2017, 03.48 PM IST
    CRITIC'S RATING: 1.5/5
    AVG READERS' RATING: 1.3/5

CAST: GV Prakash Kumar, Kriti Kharbanda, Balasaravanan, Anand Raj, Naan Kadavul Rajendran, Muniskanth, Mansoor Ali Khan
    DIRECTION: Prasanth Pandiaraj
    GENRE: Comedy
    DURATION: 2 hours 5 minutes

CRITIC'S REVIEW
    SYNOPSIS: A cowardly youngster and his friend run for their lives with their lovers as they are being chased by a dreaded don.

MOVIE REVIEW: It was around the same time that two films, one in Tamil and the other in Telugu, titled Bruce Lee were being made, thus evincing curiosity among film buffs. Interestingly, Kriti Kharbanda was a common factor in both the projects. When the Telugu version, which released almost a year-and-a-half ago, didn’t leave any mark, one hoped that the Tamil version would fare better as the makers were claiming it to be a black comedy. However, there is hardly any comedy scene to look forward to in this film and one ends up surrounded by pitch-black darkness. If spirits could watch films, the spirit of real Bruce Lee will turn into Kanchana and Chandramukhi after watching this absurd film.

Bruce Lee (GV Prakash) is a coward who runs away from facing problems. Bruce Lee is the name given to him by his mother after she finds out that her son loves watching the actor’s movies, and to make him a courageous person when he grows up. But, he continues to remain a coward though he wins the love of a pretty girl (Kriti Kharbanda). The film, which has a slew of uninteresting flashback sequences, lacks a back story about how they fall in love, which makes the romantic track unconvincing. But that doesn’t deter the love birds to show their intimacy to each other.

Lee and Abbas (Bala Saravanan), his close friend, unexpectedly get into a tussle with Maasi and Kasi, the close aides of Ramdoss (Muniskanth), a dreaded don. Lee, a self-confessed fan of minister Mansoor (Mansoor Ali Khan), follows him one day and finds him in the company of Ramdoss. He clicks the photo of an unexpected incident which happens there and runs for his life to save himself, Abbas and their lovers.

A bevy of characters, essayed by Anand Raj (as a police officer), Naan Kadavul Rajendran (a local thug) and others, make ineffective appearances, which in no way takes the story forward. Even Muniskanth’s role, as a person who is over-obsessed with the characters of The Dark Knight and The Godfather, which starts off as an interesting one, later falls flat. Naan Kadavul Rajendran being used as spoof material in almost every other film has become irritating and it’s high time this actor is utilised sensibly. There’s also a mention of Lakshmy Ramakrishnan’s show Solvathellam Unmai in this film, too, again for no reason. The film also tries to ride on unnecessary Thala-Thalapathy references; though, the only scene that was lapped up by the audiences is one showing Vijay fans celebrating the release of Khushi.

The film starts with the popular quote of Quentin Tarantino — ‘I steal from every single movie ever made’, which is followed by ‘I get inspired from every single movie ever made’, this one by Prasanth Pandiaraj. Let’s just hope no one gets inspired by this film and makes movies titled Jackie Chan, Tiger Chen or Tony Jaa.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wait...what?

I'm going to leave this here on the Ram Gopal Varma's Bruce Lee thread, as well as copy it to the Little Dragon - Bruce Lee Biopic from Shannon Lee. I'll copy it off into its own indie thread if anything really comes of it.

ram gopal varma on bruce lee biopic

Thursday May 11th 2017

After news that Critically acclaimed filmmaker Shekhar Kapur is going to direct and co-produce a biopic on Hong Kong –American martial artist and actor Brucelee, titled ‘Little Dragon’, Sensational film maker Ram Gopal Varma took the twitter and claimed that will make a biopic as no else can match up to him when it comes to the biopic of Bruce Lee.

RGV tweeted, “Just because of my devotional worship of Bruce Lee I am going to make his biopic and release it same time as Shekar Kapur's authorised one, I have nothing against Shekar kapoor who I admire immensely but it's just my obsessive fascination for Bruce Lee “ .

He also shared a link to the article titled "Bruce Lee is the one and only who I loved more than sex", that is posted on his Face book. RGV feels he can do justice to Brucee Lee's biopic as he tweeted, “Inspite of closeness of family and brilliance of Shekhar Kapur, I believe only I can do justice to his biopic.”

On the other-side, recently during the media interaction, Varma denied that he is making a biopic on Bruce Lee and when he was asked about his tweets, he said, “ No no, it was only for fun. I am not making the biopic.”

According to Sekhar Kapur, Little Dragon will be a contemporary dramatization of the 1950s Hong Kong social and political forces that shaped Bruce Lee into most popular martial arts star and a significant modern day philosopher.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ladki, Enter The Girl Dragon

Wait...is this Ram Gopal Varma's Bruce Lee?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ladki, Enter the Girl Dragon

This is definitely 'Ram Gopal Varma's Bruce Lee'. I'm merging threads.

What a journey this film has been on here - from a skinny legged gal to a woman who's more thick, thick enough to throw a decent kick.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips