Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin's K-Star

Shaolin's K-Star

The circus continues.....

Who from this forum would you like to see apply?

I would apply for the job. I always wanted to play a really bad bad guy, being seen as a hated westerner who pumped their culture full of opium and raped their women. yeah the chinese people would hate my character and let me play other bad guys and such too maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

monk or chuck

I'm not that into reality TV, but I think I'd rather watch this Shaolin show than Chuck Norris' reality TV show . At least Shaolin is inviting everyone, regardless of nationality, etc. I don't think Chuck will invite the rest of the world beyond America.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

More Shaolin in the news

This is somewhat related to the initial post, so I thought I'd post it here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Legends of Monk Warriors from Shaolin Temple

There's been some buzz about the reality show/contest/movie project lately and I realize that we haven't posted it here yet. Here's some new articles. We've just talked to Fu Min about it a little. More to come, I'm sure...

Sina News
    CBC news
    People's Daily
    The Buddhist channel

There's more if you surf around. Xinhua has posted more in Chinese apparently...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

What form will the competition take? If it's NHB I'm so there. But my forms aren't very pretty... :s
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    I'm not that into reality TV, but I think I'd rather watch this Shaolin show than Chuck Norris' reality TV show . At least Shaolin is inviting everyone, regardless of nationality, etc. I don't think Chuck will invite the rest of the world beyond America.
    Gene,

How could you say that don't you know that at night the Boogie Man checks his closet for Chuck Norris?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

CBS Story on Kung Fu Idol

I recently saw a news clip about the TV series being discussed:

Go to: http://cbs5.com/video/
    Then: Search for "kung fu"

Get past the of the weather and Apple's anniversary; then you get news regarding TV series on Shaolin Kung-Fu Star. Feel free to watch the clip on "9-to-5", if you happen to be a Dolly Parton fan.

Kung Fu reality show kicks off in China

K-Star Global Chinese Kung Fu Star TV Competition

Anyone know anyone in China who has seen it?

Not yet

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

maybe we can get some of the folks in china to youtube a couple of segments so we can watch in awe... or with bemusement, depending.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Talking

it might be good especially if they focus on compettitive wushu cos alot of people just do it in gym class there so they will have alot of talent to choose from
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !

K-star?

Hey guys;
    does anyone have information on the Shaolin Temple K-star competitions?

Thanks

Shaolin idol

We've discussed this project somewhat before as it has evolved. It's been very confusing because the story has been changing on what will actually happen. Such is the nature of Shaolin and Chinese TV, I suppose. All things are impermanent.

We were contacted some time ago about hosting/promoting the American audition/tournament. It sounded like too much work and investment for us, besides we have our own tournament project this year, the Tiger Claw Elite Championships in cooperation with Disney, so we opted to decline. As much as we would have liked to participate, our 2006 plate is already too full. The KSTAR Shaolin Temple Event has been taken up by the Piacente Group/IronPond Entertainment. They have contacted us recently too. One of their top people worked with us before producing 2001 U.S. Open Kuoshu/Martial Arts Championships & 2nd International. So we are trying to help them promote the U.S. audition/qualifier. Consequently, I should have more information for you all shortly about this. The qualifier is coming up really soon. Here's the press release so far:

First International Kung Fu Star Reality Show Competition
    IronPond Entertainment/Shaolin Temple Comm. Co
    Televised Competition
    July 7-8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

The competition will gather up and coming male kung-fu/wushu artists to compete on television to showcase the culture, spirit, artistry of this 5000 year old competitive sport. 100 competitors will perform their choice of open hand form, weapon, or two-man set not longer than two minutes. This First International Reality TV Show Kung Fu Competition hopes to yield the next male kung-fu star of the world. Three distinguised judges from China and a studio audience will determine top finalists who will receive all expense paid trip to Shaolin Temple for filming of finals and training. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Awards ceremony hosted in Hollywood, will include VIP's and movie industry martial arts leaders, media, and guests.

No fee to apply. Apply by June 12,2006 Applications open to Males 18 and older with a minimum of four years of Chinese martial arts experience are eligible to register. Limited to 100, so apply immediately!

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I got a chance to meet with the Monk responsible for the US promotions last night at my school. One of my students is handling some of the legal aspects of the show and it seems I have become involved in the project on a peripheral level. I just happen to have the most recent press release for this as well as a K-star t-shirt and cool Shaolin prayer beads in their own "Shaolin Brand" logo'd bag. When I get a chance I will send the press release.

Woo you got a big mouth kidd,,,,,
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up