It's been a hot minute since I got on this site.

So many martial arts/Kung-Fu communities have moved into Facebook.

But I think we can all agree that Facebook is the embodiment of the ugliness of humanity! But, like McDonald's French fries, you keep going back for more.

I feel like there is a desire to have some sense of decentralization again. I'm glad the KFM forums are still around, because that's what it has been.

The interesting thing though is that the word "decentralization" is being thrown around in the world of banking and finance, in relation to cryptocurrencies and NFTs.

There are attempts at decentralizing social media through concepts such as Mastodon, Diaspora, PeerTube, etc. All noble attempts. But I think what might be desired is having forums again, where it is a decentralized niche community.

So, I'm going to try to push some of my Kung-Fu friends to come back on here, so we can be in a Kung-Fu space and talk about Kung-Fu things, and the only ads we'll see are for Tiger Claw products (which we will invariably need, lol).

Do you think people will be willing to escape the matrix of big tech social media, and come back here?