Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin's K-Star

Ok here is a draft copy that I got today.

K-Star 2006

Bringing together the power of television and entertainment with the long history and popularity of Chinese martial arts, Shaolin Temple and Shenzen Satellite TV in conjunction with Los Angeles based IronPond Entertainment, are launching the first international reality show competition to search for the next-generation male Kung-Fu star of the world.

The contest will gather new-generation male kung-fu artists globally to compete on television and will showcase the culture, spirit and artistry of this 5,000 year traditional Chinese martial arts. K-Star 2006 strives to bring together kung-fu fans from around the world and promote a global cultural exchange of kung-fu passion, spirit, and brotherhood.

WORLDWIDE COMPETITION

More than XXX contestants from around the world will compete in regions throughout China and five international venues for the opportunity to become one of 28 global competitors in the first international reality show competition to find the next male Kung-fu star of the world.

Contestants will then be judged by a panel of distinguished martial arts masters and VIP judges in the entertainment industry on their skills as a kung-fu martial artist and their spiritual dedication to the art itself. This show will be broadcast around the wold and the finalists chosen through a combination of judges’ votes and mobile phone short messaging (SMS) votes.

Final Competitions:
    The 28 global competitors will receive an all-expenses paid trip to train and compete at the famous Shaolin Temple in China. These 28 competitors will then compete and be short-listed to 18 finalists through a variety of competitions that tests the artists skills in forms, weapons, and martial arts drills to become the top seven semi-finalists, to enter the last round.

The last round will produce the final top three winners (second runner-up, runner up and first place winner) for the contest, who will be announced at an awards ceremony to be held on Month XX, 2006.

NORTH AMERICAN COMPETITION

The North American regional contest will be a two day event held in Los Angeles on July 14-15, 2006, featuring the top 100 male kung-fu contestants selected from a nationwide pool of applicants. This competition will lead to the selection of three North American finalists who will go on to compete in the K-Star ‘Final Competitions.’

Application/Eligibility Information
    All adult males aged 18 or older from the United States and Canada with a high level of kung-fu experience are eligible to apply. An application is available at
    www.[website].com.

Judges
    The judging panel will be comprised of prestigious martial arts masters and will include a chief judging member, a martial arts judging member, a performing arts judging member, and an entertainment industry judge.

VIP attendees
    World renowned martial and action artists and film stars such as Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Eric Tsang, Yuen Woo-ping, Donnie Yen, Zhang Ziyi, Chow Yun Fat, Steven Seagal, Michelle Yeoh, and Ching Siu-tung are among the invited VIP guests to attend this global competition.

GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION
    Broadcast Outlet-Shenzhen Satellite TV
    As China’s youngest and fastest-growing vanguard media outlet, Shenzhen Satellite TV covers China’s 26 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions involving a total population of 200 million. In collaboration with over 50 domestic and overseas television stations, Shenzhen Satellite TV will work to make this contest a focus for 2006 in China and throughout the world.

Regional TV partners will broadcast regional contest programs, news reports and clips for publicity. Internet media will be involved in the whole process from registration, mass screening, to news report and online voting.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

K-Star and the Friends of Shaolin

The Friends of Shaolin, a division of the Tiger Claw Foundation has agreed to host the application form for the First International Kung-Fu Star Reality Show Competition North American Regionals on our website.

Go to www.tigerclawfoundation.org for more information. You'll find a link to the application, as well as the promotional flyer, on the top of our home page now. The deadline for application is JUNE 19, 2006, so if you're interested, act NOW!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I decided to merge the K-Star thread with this one

I had to do a lot of merges this morning to put out a flame war. Now I'm merging more, just because.

I heard from one of the promoters from the Piacente Group. There's been some response, but not overwhelming. If you're at all interested in this, you should move on it now. You could be training at Shaolin on some crazy Shenzhen TV reality show. If I didn't have so many commitments here (and wasn't so horribly out-of-shape) I'd be all over this. Go to www.TigerClawFoundation.org for more.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ku Fung Star

I would love to apply...however I can't jump up on top of a building nor can I jump between tree to tree and change directions in mid air!

It's a reality show....a Chinese reality show...

...you might not win, but you could be the next William Hung.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Application Deadline extended to JUNE 23rd, 2006!

Go to www.tigerclawfoundation.org for details! Come on now. One of you has got to be the Shaolin William Hung...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i want to be the next william hung, so i am going to enter.

thanks bro!
    "once, but that was a long time ago"

I could soooo see that.

Go for it, bro!
    It's not that much effort to apply and who knows?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

K-Star's website is now live

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Iwonder why they aren't doing an american idol type audition tour.
    It say's international, but it cuts out a huge number of people who may be better than good but can't afford the trip to LA.

too bad, I would have happily jumped, twirled and beaten the snot out of some lacky.

oh well....

Kung Fu is good for you.

I think your confusing national and international

They are supposed to be holding qualifiers in many different countries around the world. This one is just for America. Oh, and that other country north of America too, they can come too I think, if they aren't having their own. I haven't heard of the other competitions in other countries yet, so I'm still not exactly sure about the full scope of the project.

BTW, I must say I'm disappointed by our Canadian membership for not discussing the recent changes in Canada's NGB. Sure, sure, it's wushu, *not traditional*, but interesting nonetheless.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Uh... don't know aught about it. Perhaps you could elucidate me vis these changes...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

shaolin reality show

just wanted to just give a breath shout out, to jerry liau one of my fight choreagraphers for my company Under The Gun LLC(movie coming real real soon), jerry resently, sent in his demo tape to the shaolin reality show thingy and he got approved for the hollywood try outs. the kids only 17 and is very impressive not just in martial arts but in his choreagraphy style, those of you(shaolin lueb) who've worked with him know what i'm talking about. so here's hoping he wins.

nice

keep up us updated on the thingy.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Hey is anyone going to the K-star event tomorrow and Saturday? I have four students competing and I will perform in the Master's Demonstration. (yikes!)
    If you are going let me know so we can say hello. Gene you going?
    They are have a big ritzy titzy to do at Yamashiro Restaurant Friday night so paaaarty!
    Haaaaaay!
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up