Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin's K-Star

Cool Shaolin Temple co-sponsors Global Martial Arts Contest

For those of you who don't know Kungfu magazine wrote an article for their shaolin issue about China's K-STAR Martial Arts contest...

On March 30th 2006, Shenzhen Satellite Television together with the Shaolin Temple, declared the official start of the First "Chinese K-STAR" Global TV Contest.

The contest would be the largest and first contest on such a global scale ever produced by China. It's aim, to search for potential Kungfu stars globally to find a new spokesperson of Chinese Kungfu for new generations.

After a half-year process of searching and eliminating over 100,000 applicants from six contest divisions in China (Shenzhen, Zhengzhou, Shengyang, Chengdu, Shanghai, and Beijing) and six overseas contest divisions (North America, Germany, Russia, Italy, France and Australia) the top 3 contest division winners would emerge to compete in the World Final Competition.

In September of 2006, 36 Kungfu practitioners from abroad would arrive in Shenzhen and began a tour of China's cities and media stations to give performances and face eliminations.

The contest would begin after two-weeks of closed door training and zen studies at the birthplace of the martial arts... The 1,500 year old Shaolin Temple

blah, blah, blah
    I brought you guys some video from the comp (Chinese Language Only) ^_^

K-STAR Shaolin Temple Seclusion (Part 1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcY8fr-JuOo

K-STAR Shaolin Temple Seclusion & 18 Lohan Perform (Part 2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9s9L50FnUQ

K Star 2007

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this in thier neck of the woods? if so anyone going to have a go?

K Star 2007??

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this in thier neck of the woods? if so anyone going to have a go?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    No.

wtf is it?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

It's like American idol but in China and with wushu dudes.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    that's just gross.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

It's on, apparently.

I've just heard from Shaolin Temple and they confirmed that they are doing it, along with a lot of other projects. Not sure about American auditions or anything like that. Not many details yet. There was a rumor that it was going to focus on female competitors this time, but that's just a rumor and it'd be curious to see how that played out within the temple walls. K-Star will definitely be competing with Jackie Chan's Disciples this year.

I'm still waiting to see more the movie production that was supposed to come outof last year's contest.

See our K-Star 2006 thread here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i would do it if my ankle didnt get all ****ed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I'd like to give it a go. Will they allow partner work? Shao-lin Ninjitsu is really hard to display unless you're disemboweling someone, or decapitating something. Are their animal cruelty laws as stringent as those that are in place in America?

I'm thinking I could do something with a llama or a goat, perhaps.

Perhaps they don't want to compete with Disciples...

I'll see if Shaolin has heard anything more. They brought up K-Star with me a couple of weeks ago, but things like this are always subject to change in PRC.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    I'd like to give it a go. Will they allow partner work? Shao-lin Ninjitsu is really hard to display unless you're disemboweling someone, or decapitating something. Are their animal cruelty laws as stringent as those that are in place in America?

I'm thinking I could do something with a llama or a goat, perhaps.

It's Australia man, get a **** dingo or kangaroo
    Bless you

Y'all have one week to apply

Shaolin Temple together with China & Shenzhen Satellite TV is currently working on their 2nd season reality show called K-Star, short for Global Chinese Kung Fu Star TV Competition. The aim of such contest is in search of a new Kung Fu Star in the U.S. Any race is welcomed.

Anyone who practices any form of kung fu or martial arts can take part. The chosen candidates from the participated regions around the world will get a chance to train in the Shaolin Temple before the final rounds. The whole process and the Grand Championship Finals will be made as a TV program.

If you are an US citizen over 18 years of age, female or male, any race, and think you have what it takes to be the next Kung Fu Superstar we want you on board! We are now accepting applications. All applications must be received on or before Aug 22, 2007. We will screen the applications and invite selected applicants to come for an audition. The U.S.A. audition will take place in Los Angeles, California on August 25 and 26.

To obtain an application form, please contact Shelley via email
    kstar_audition@tvbusa.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Shaolin Temple together with China & Shenzhen Satellite TV is currently working on their 2nd season reality show called K-Star, short for Global Chinese Kung Fu Star TV Competition. The aim of such contest is in search of a new Kung Fu Star in the U.S. Any race is welcomed.

Anyone who practices any form of kung fu or martial arts can take part. The chosen candidates from the participated regions around the world will get a chance to train in the Shaolin Temple before the final rounds. The whole process and the Grand Championship Finals will be made as a TV program.

If you are an US citizen over 18 years of age, female or male, any race, and think you have what it takes to be the next Kung Fu Superstar we want you on board! We are now accepting applications. All applications must be received on or before Aug 22, 2007. We will screen the applications and invite selected applicants to come for an audition. The U.S.A. audition will take place in Los Angeles, California on August 25 and 26.

To obtain an application form, please contact Shelley via email
    kstar_audition@tvbusa.com
    Hrm, I can act, I do Korean Martial Arts, and I'm a little chubby.

I'm out!

(Forget about Sammo Hung, he's the exception that made the rule about big guys...)

Video: Kung Fu star TV competition 2007

talking about entertainment extravaganza.

the clip showed 6 finalists (heros)

kung Fu + talent/singing or playing music.

2 min open hand form.

2 min weapon form.

judges and votes from 100 people in the audiences.