Thread: Arizona Smoke Shop Stabbing

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Arizona Smoke Shop Stabbing

am I missing a thread on this or has it not been brought up yet?

Not going to post a link to the video until Gene weighs in as to whether it will violate the rules.
    There are edited versions of it.

Easy to find if you youtube it.

I'm going to go ahead and weigh in that the shop keeper was not justifiable in his use of deadly force.
    He's playing the 'fear for my life' card and maybe he was.
    But, the video shows (to me) that no physical threat was ever directed to the shop keeper.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I’ve seen it discussed on Bladeforums. Lots of conflicting opinions on this one.

I saw the uncut security cam footage. I personally see at as self-defense. He probably did stab the guy a few too many times (I think 7 times). However, when the guy jumped over the counter, it happened quickly, and there was no way (IMO) that the shop owner could have known whether the guy was armed or not. Not every criminal has his weapon out and displayed openly. It’s easy to judge the situation, without the accompanying adrenaline of the moment, from the comfort of scrutinizing the video on my couch on YouTube. I can guarantee it was a lot different as it was happening from the shop owner’s POV.

I can also accept others having an opposite point of view; but this is mine, and I’m not going to argue with anyone about it. I’ve already seen ongoing arguments about it on another forum, and arguing is a waste of time. Online arguments NEVER convince the opposite side to one’s POV, so I’ll leave it at that.

Thanks for asking

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    Not going to post a link to the video until Gene weighs in as to whether it will violate the rules.
    There are edited versions of it.
    I don't see it as a violation. If forum members complain, we'll deal with it then.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart