Thread: RIP Master Huy Dieu Chiang

RIP Master Huy Dieu Chiang

I am glad I got to meet him. He would visit his kung fu brother, my teacher Yen Hoa Lee in Grand Rapids, MI. I wonder how many of Chui Chuk Kai’s 12 disciples are left? Here is his obituary:

Huy Dieu Chiang, 83, a longtime resident of Stoughton, died peacefully at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 surrounded by his loving family. He was the husband of Tuong Hue Thai. Son of the late Hoang Chiang and Cam Trinh, he was born in China and raised in China and Vietnam. Huy came to Westminster, Colorado in 1987 before moving to Brockton in 1989. He lived in Brockton for 10 years and then moved to Stoughton in 1999.

Before coming to America he was a successful business man and engaged in philanthropy in the community for education and health. He never hesitated to lift up those around him who were in need.

Huy was a martial arts master for 67 years. He was an instructor for a major martial arts association in Saigon, bodyguard for a high profile figure, hosted fundraisers for natural disaster relief, pioneered teaching tai chi in mental hospitals in Vietnam. He taught at Shaolin Tai Chi Praying Mantis Institute in Avon from 1998-2022. He was a Past President and Lifetime Martial Arts Advisor for the U.S. Chuk Kai Tai Chi Praying Mantis Federation.

He enjoyed traveling and working around his home but his greatest joy was spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren.

In addition to his wife, Huy is survived by his children, Hung Chiang and his wife Tracey of Stoughton, Angela Chiang and her husband Jerry Pham of Hanover and Nhan Chiang and her husband Raymond Chin of Franklin, as well as his grandchildren, Andrew and Molly Chiang. He was the brother of Yueli Jiang, Khoa Tuong, Be A Trinh, Ann Choy, Phong Trinh, Nam Tuong, Ha Trinh, Kiet Tuong. He is also survived by many nieces and nephews.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by TaichiMantis; 10-06-2022 at 10:50 AM.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong