Thread: Terror on the Prairie

Terror on the Prairie

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

$804

Gina Carano and Ben Shapiro's filmmaking relationship is going about as well as you'd expect
    The former Star Wars actor is mad online about comments on her Ben Shapiro-produced movie, Terror On The Prairie
    By Reid McCarter
    Published Thursday 1:54PM

Carano takes aim at what’s left of her career.
    Screenshot: DailyWire+

In the fall of 2019, the world was a different place. Donald Trump was the U.S. President, there was no COVID-19 pandemic, and former MMA fighter Gina Carano was a rising film and TV actor set to star in a Mandalorian spin-off. Years later, inspired by a heady cultural and political atmosphere that compelled lots of public figures to shout about changes to those first two points, Carano got herself fired from her very own Star Wars show because she simply could not stop tweeting stupid ****.

Smelling the first whiffs of rot emanating from the corpse of a newly disgraced celebrity’s public image, Ben Shapiro and his fellow Daily Wire scavengers decided to swoop on down to offer Carano the rare opportunity to join the ranks of its stable of entertainment luminaries, like Rob Schneider and Adam Carolla. At the time, Carano said her new partnership would let her “[use] my voice which is now freer than ever before” and that “they can’t cancel us if we don’t let them.”

Anyway, Carano is now on Twitter getting upset with people pointing out that her most recent, Daily Wire-produced movie has only made $13,000 at the box office.

Journalist Richard Newby quote tweeted a post mentioning an outdated box office figure for Carano’s latest movie, a western called Terror On The Prairie executive produced by Shapiro and starring Carano alongside a guy who’s credited under the first name “Cowboy.” Newby, responding to the alleged $804 Terror On The Prairie brought in (it actually seems to be a... much more impressive $13,115), wrote that Carano “didn’t just fumble the bag, she dumped it out, put it over her head, and cut off her air supply.”

TERROR ON THE PRAIRIE Official Trailer (2022)

Carano, whose other recent roles include playing a secret service agent in the Breitbart News-distributed Hunter Biden movie, responded to point out that it’s actually normal for a movie released on a streaming service to make no money. (It isn’t; they usually attract enough interest for even limited theatrical runs.) She continued, tweeting that she “didn’t fumble the bag I just didn’t go along with the sell out narrative, the online mob couldn’t handle that so they petitioned to have me fired & won.” Carano concludes her thread by saying journalists who make fun of her work with right-wing media outlets represent “the genuine bag fumble” since they’ve “sold out America and stopped asking questions to be liked by a fickle manipulated mob.”

As for other fickle, manipulated mobs, it seems that Carano’s new audience isn’t even all that keen on the movie, given that user reviews screencapped by @steinkobbe show commenters like “letsgobrandon” decrying the “woke nonsense” of films that depict capable women characters as part of their “feminist messaging.”
    There are embedded tweets that I didn't copy over...

Gina-Carano
    Terror on the Prairie
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Now she's too woke?

Some Conservatives Are Turning Against Gina Carano’s New Ben Shapiro-Produced Movie For Being Too ‘Woke’
    Josh Kurp
    JOSH KURP
    SENIOR POP CULTURE EDITOR

JANUARY 18, 2023
    There’s two ways of looking at the box office total for conspiracy loving Gina Carano’s most recent film, the Ben Shapiro-produced Terror on the Prairie (think: a grittier Yellowstone, but without the “woke” kisses). The charitable interpretation is that it only made $13,115 because it had an extremely limited theatrical reaction — we’re talking one, maybe two theaters — before being released on Daily Wire. The funnier interpretation is that it only made $13,115 because no one wants to see the fired The Mandalorian star in a low-budget Western — including some conservatives, via Indiewire:

Terror on the Prairie represented the right-wing media outlet’s most serious attempt at mainstream filmmaking to date, [but] it failed to resonate with its target audience. A new story in the AV Club revealed that there are still some fringe online personalities who thought the film was too “woke.” Many of them took to Twitter and IMDb comment sections to complain about the film’s male characters acting insufficiently masculine while allowing Carano’s heroine to save the day.
    The people of Worth It or Woke? have spoken, and they are triggered:

Some of these user reviews by right wingers are really good pic.twitter.com/SoGaV4Vdft

— Wild Geerters (@steinkobbe) January 10, 2023
    they didn’t even like @ginacarano on the anti-woke film review site lmaooo pic.twitter.com/V5e0S6q3yf

— sequel guy (eXistenZ posting) (@TubiDefender) January 13, 2023
    Reading some reviews for "Terror on the Prairie" and it's funny how so many of them say it's TOO woke, feminist, and offensive to conservative Christians. pic.twitter.com/3IIJhp1drg

— Herostratus (@Herostratus356) January 10, 2023
    the whole gina carano thing is SO funny. she came out spewing a bunch of republican bull****, lost her STAR WARS role, went to make her OWN movie, and now that its out, no republican wants to watch it cause she, a woman, is the badass protagonist – so its "woke crap"

— 💙💜💖 (@sloppyposts) January 18, 2023
    Daily Wire fans think Gina Carano’s movie is too woke because she plays a badass violent woman? Oh, the irony 😭😭😭😭😭 https://t.co/2djYyldS5K

— Jeff + The Machine (@starwart1) January 11, 2023
    all gina carano had to do was not be a moron on the internet and she would've had her own starwars spinoff by now. instead she's making "movies" with ben shapiro. bens fans think any movie starring a woman is "woke" so literally no one is watching them. that's a crazy timeline.

— mr brightbeard (@thekwazz) January 14, 2023
    In response to a suggestion that she lost millions by not being able to keep her beliefs to herself, Carano wrote, “I didn’t fumble the bag I just didn’t go along with the sell out narrative, the online mob couldn’t handle that so they petitioned to have me fired & won. I’m not sorry for that. I stood for what I believe the right thing to do was & the more time that goes by the better I feel.” She added, “The genuine bag fumble is sell out journalists like you who sold out America and stopped asking questions to be liked by a fickle manipulated mob. That is what you valued and that will be your legacy.”

Gina-Carano
    Terror on the Prairie
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips