Thread: Harsh Verma

Harsh Verma

I had a blissful life transformation at the Shaolin temple
    By Harsh Verma January 17, 2021 18:22

I had a very interesting, blessed and blissful life transformation at the Shaolin temple. In 2014, I had knee surgery, but my recovery was not good. As I was a professional football player, it was difficult for me to stay away from physical activities. So, I did some research on the Chinese acupuncture therapy and got in touch with representatives of the Shaolin temple. They invited me to the temple and asked me to carry all my medical records.

Initially I had to face several challenges at the temple. Shaolin is an isolated monastery located on top of a mountain in a village where no one spoke English. Getting used to the food was another problem. But I knew I was at the right place to do the right thing and I did not want to give up. My first three months were spent undergoing acupuncture therapy for my right knee, combined with a little bit of strength training. Gradually, I started feeling a lot better.

The temple was filled with so much of knowledge and there was always so much more to learn. I decided to learn Mandarin. I ordered some books to study and I observed and listened when others around me spoke in Chinese. Studying around 20 to 30 new words every day from my dictionary made me feel confident. People in the temple, including my master, told me that I was putting more and more effort every day by not only doing physical training but also learning the local culture.

We had several duties and services to perform, like cleaning our rooms and the training and dining halls. My concentration, focus and commitment became much stronger after the training I received at the Shaolin temple. I got a new family by helping foreign students with translations, by learning medicine, philosophy and martial arts and by performing various other duties and services. Learning about the culture and history of the temple brought so much meaning to my life.

Everything in the Shaolin temple comes from India. I want to introduce the Shaolin culture in India when the time is right.

Verma is the first Indian to be part of the Shaolin performing monks’ team.
    Everything in the Shaolin temple does NOT comes from India.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Shaolin Retreat with Verma

More on Verma here. Maybe he needs his own thread?

Dharana at Shillim announces the Shaolin Retreat
    The three-day retreat from 3rd to 5th December 2021 has packages beginning at INR 48,000 for single occupancy and INR 61,000 for double occupancy, excluding taxes
    27 Nov 2021

Dharana at Shillim is encouraging guests to embark on a journey to find peace and experience healthy living through a 3-day Shaolin Retreat at its property. It will be conducted by Harsh Verma, the first Indian to be absorbed by the Shaolin Temple as the warrior monk.

The three-day retreat from 3rd to 5th December 2021 has packages beginning at INR 48,000 for single occupancy and INR 61,000 for double occupancy, excluding taxes. It includes all meals and accommodation.

Located in the lap of the Shillim valley of the Sahyadris, Dharana at Shillim is an ideal eco-wellness retreat to channel one’s inner warrior monk. The estate is a short 2.5-hour drive from Mumbai and a 2-hour drive from Pune by road. The Shaolin Retreat helps them discover the ancient philosophies of the Shaolin Temple. Indulge in self immersive healing through meditation, and achieve conscious wellness.

The Shaolin Lifestyle is believed to support individuals and help them become a better version of themselves by learning to nurture the mind and body to be parallel through the daily practice of Zen. Harsh Verma (Shifu) is the only one to have studied the principles of Shaolin Culture in Mandarin. The retreat has been designed to give a walk one through the basics of Shaolin Kung Fu and introduction to Shaolin Kung inclusive of Soft Kung F, Qi Gong and Ba-Duan Jin.

Guests can dive into their wellness journey starting with an arrival consultation with a doctor. Guests would receive a personalized holistic wellness itinerary that would also include meals from the wellness cuisine and everything Shaolin Retreat has to offer. The retreat would conclude leaving them with a calm mind and mesmerized with the beauty of the wilderness surrounding the property.

The ancient art of Shaolin Culture in harmony with the spiritually artistic wisdom of Dharana Wellness Retreat unveils compassion, humility, and moderation in oneself. With its deeply Indian-rooted philosophies, Art of Shaolin Culture is aligned perfectly with the philosophies of Dharana at Shillim.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Harsh Verma

Exclusive: Pawan Kalyan is level-headed, calm and clear, reveals co-star Shaolin Warrior Monk Harrsh Verma
    The first Indian to be adopted into the Shaolin Temple, is currently working with Pawan Kalyan in his Telugu film debut, and he has nothing but praises about the veteran

Written by S Devasankar Updated on Sep 08, 2023 | 08:30 PM IST | 71.9K

Pawan Kalyan is level-headed, calm and clear, says martial artist and trainer Harsh Verma (PC: Harsh Verma Instagram and Pawan Kalyan FC)

Pawan Kalyan is one of the biggest names when it comes to the Telugu film industry. The veteran actor’s next film is an action flick titled Hari Hara Veera Mallu, directed by Krish Jagarlamudi.

The film also features the likes of Bobby Deol, Nargis Fakhri, Nidhi Agarwal, and the debutant actor, Harsh Verma. Verma is one of the most sought-after celebrity martial arts coaches in the country, training the likes of Vicky Kaushal, Sara Ali Khan, Kriti Sanon and more

In an exclusive interview with Pinkvilla, the martial artist said that he got to be Pawan Kalyan’s martial arts trainer and action designer for the film, all thanks to Shyam Kaushal, the veteran stunt director.

But what started off as training quickly built the bond between them, as Pawan Kalyan himself is a trained martial artist. Verma also stated what an opportunity it was to be working with the Bheemla Nayak actor, who was ecstatic to be working with India’s first shaolin warrior monk.

Commenting about the veteran actor’s working, the shaolin warrior said that Pawan Kalyan is one of the easiest celebrities he had worked with, also stating that the actor had a profound mental balance.

“He is just so level-headed, he is just so calm… And he is just so clear. His vision is just so straight. He is not black or white, he is just straight.” Verma said in the interview.

Watch the full interview below:

The martial artist also said that the Gopala Gopala was calm and composed, giving inputs when necessary, without hesitation. Above all, the thing that stood out for Harsh Verma was the fact that in spite of being such a huge star in the industry, the actor-turned-politician was so down to earth. In fact, it was Pawan Kalyan who made way for the martial artist to make his Telugu debut, when he expressed his interest in becoming an actor.

More about the Movie

Hari Hara Veera Mallu is in its final stages of production with one schedule still left to be shot. The final leg of shooting will begin soon, once Pawan Kalyan is done with his political commitments.

You can even hear the entire podcast on the following channels:

You can hear the entire podcast on our channels - Google Podcast, Spotify, Amazon Music, Podcast Index, RSS community, and Listen Notes.
    Hari Hara Veera Mallu
    Shaolin-Journeys
    Harsh-Verma
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips