Thread: Possible true history of Choy Lee Fut by the late Lun Chee, a student of Tam Sam.

Blog Entries

Possible true history of Choy Lee Fut by the late Lun Chee, a student of Tam Sam.

The Origin And Foundation Of Choy Lay Fut.

Chan Heung never learnt Kung Fu.
    Being a clan teacher in King mui village he chose to take in Jeong Yim.
    This young man was in actual or potential trouble from the Manchu authorities possibly for avoiding conscription.
    Chan Heung began to teach the young man calligraphy and literature which led him being given the title Sifu.
    Jeong Yim - who may already have been known as Jeong Hung Sing - was then taught Kung Fu by the Shaolin Monks Lay Yau San, Choy Ah **** and Ching Cho.
    This Kung Fu he was Learning was Called Fut Gar and it came directly from the Shaolin temple.

By the time Jeong Hung Sing had trained under these three masters his Kung Fu had become somewhat distinct.
    Observers would say that some techniques resembled those of Lau Gar, others resembled Choy Gar and naturally much remained of the roots in Fut Gar.
    Jeong Hung Sing decided to name his style after the combined names of these styles (CHOY LAY FUT).
    It is important to note that the three forms known today as the three Buck Sing forms were taught to Jeong Hung Sing by his masters and he was possibly not taught any weapons.

Having formulated and named this new Kung Fu Jeong Hung Sing Decided To head for the city of Fut San to establish and teach it.
    Before leaving however he taught Choy Lay Fut to Chan Koon Pak who taught Chan Yiu Chi and established the lineage that survived in Sun Wui town and district and continues to Chan Yong Fa in Sydney Australia.
    Once his Gwoon Was established in Futsan Jeong Hung Sing taught Lui Chan who in turn taught Tarm Sarm.
    This is the lineage of true Choy Lay Fut that was established in Guanghou.

Jeong Hung Sing in the end becomes a mystery - no portrait or photograph of him was known to have ever existed and the man himself apparently disapeared.

NOTE: This history of Choy Lay Fut was outlined to myself Michael Coombah and one of my senior instructors Nick Lizos in Hong Kong only weeks ago.
    It was given to us in breif by Sigung Kong Hing at his home in Kowloon Hong Kong and he stated clearly that Fut San was the home of Choy La Fut.
    At the time of our visit a new Choy Lay Fut association was being formed that would propagate this true history.

Now i Dai Si Hing Gary Shambrooke asked Grandmaster Lun Tse the last surviving student of Tarm Sarm this exact question and this is what he said.

Master Lun Tse told me and this is word for word, the most commonly known history of Choy Lay Fut is not correct, many people beleive that Chan Heurng was not the founder of Choy Lay Fut and that he only planted the seed of its true development.
    Jeong Hung Sing one of Chan Heurngs short term students is really credited to developing the Choy Lay Fut Hung Sing style to the deadly and leathal level of skill that it has today.
    Lun Tse says that really the first Hung Sing Gwoon was opend in Fut San.

I asked him him and i quote, so Master Lun Tse are you saying that Master Chan Heurng did not really develop the art of Choy Lay Fut.

He said to me and i quote, No! Chan Heurng was not a Kung Fu Master, he was a scholar it was Jeong Hung Sing that really developed Choy Lay Fut.

If there are people that do not agree with me i do not care, i am quoting word for word exactly what the last surviving top student of Great grand Master Tarm Sarm champion of the north said, not many peole can say that they have actualy talked Kung Fu history with a student of Tarm Sarms, it was a great honour.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Greetings,

Sifu Frank,

Do you think Chan Heung's teaching calligraphy and literature to Jeung Hung Sing was a way to offer him the veil of class status; meaning that the Manchus would never seek him out amongst people engaged in scholarly pursuits?

mickey

Blog Entries
    Sifu Frank,

Do you think Chan Heung's teaching calligraphy and literature to Jeung Hung Sing was a way to offer him the veil of class status; meaning that the Manchus would never seek him out amongst people engaged in scholarly pursuits?

mickey

No sir. It was to evolve him into a beetter person, but nothing to do with class. according lun chee cheung hung sing was wanted basically for evading the draft into the military
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better