Thread: Shaolin Kungfu Qigong - Special Issue

Shaolin Kungfu Qigong - Special Issue

Most of you have probably picked up that this is out from the other threads, but just in case you didn't, here's a link: http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...magjanisk.html

amitoufo

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

I love you guys specials! Personally my favorites have been the shaolins, southern kungfu special, the wushu special with jet on the cover(the old one) and the one with Cung le on the cover I think it was the full contact special. Oh yeah I also liked the chinese military one, I read it like 10 times. Keep up the good work!

p.s. Give me somthing free! :D

www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net

give you something free?!

How about a boot to the head?
    Our standards for kissing-up-for-freebies went up since we're giving away lots of good stuff on our quiz now.
    Check it out -
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/quiz.php
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

What!?!?

You mean I gotta know stuff now? Man I'll never get anything free! Oh well I'm sure I can think of somthin.........
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Latest Issue

I can't find it in any Borders or Barnes and Noble. Barnes and Noble still has the Jet Li one out......Why?

Ted

Why? Because each store is different...

Basically, an issue gets shipped to all the stores across the world at the same time, but they arrive at those stores at different times (especially since the war has impeded the mail a lot.) Once at that store, it's up to the store as to when it gets put on the racks. Sometimes, they don't even put stuff on the racks - I know this because I get returns on the first week. That part is up to the individual store manager and when they decide to have an old issue pulled and a new issue stocked. Be patient. And if you're not patient, subscribe. Generally, subscribers get their issues a week ahead of the stands.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

yeah I'm still waiting for the new issue too. speaking of free stuff though, a while ago I did that quiz cuz I was bored, and a few weeks later I got one of those daggers in the mail. cool!

Another winner!

shaolin dynasty should take a lesson from shaolin knight
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I like the new issue.....

I think it's a great issue, and hope to see more like that!! And Gene...love the pics of you at the temple!!!!
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

I am stifled by my own petty jealousy!

The issue isn't out yet where I live. Can't wait to get my copy.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

shaolin, shaolin...

tow: Thanks for the props. I'm particularly fond of the pic of my with my master and his other disciples in front of the temple. And of course, the lightning bolt - that one is one of our auction items for our 2002 fundraiser - click the Kungfu Magazine icon at the top of this page, then click the 10 Year Anniversary Dragonfire breath, then auctions.

kl: Sorry, we're trying to get them to Canada faster - we actually do really well there. Drop me a line when it does arrive - I'm curious what the lag time is...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Attn: Gene

I subscribe to your mag and I just got it in the mail yesterday !!!!!! For some reason I ALWAYS get the mag after its released in the stores....... Any other mag that I've subscribed to I get way ahead of the stores. I love your mag but you gotta fix that.

Any plans on doing an article on Hengxin in NY?

Ted

Ted

Our subscribers are shipped out a week before our stores, but sometimes the distributors are more efficient than the mail. If it makes you feel any better, we still aren't on stand here.

I would love to do something with Hengxin, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. There's a big queue of monks and masters ahead of him and I don't see being in NY soon. maybe if he relocates to SF? Seriously, I met Hengxin earlier this year, but didn't really get the chance to set up anything. Since he moved away from Guolin, I've lost his contact, but he should still have mine.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips