Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Totally OT : dollars and sense

LEGEND Guest
    WongSifu...it varies...dood...in Cali and cities like NYC...rent is highhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Cost of living is highhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! DC is highhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or getting there! The only cheap place nowadays are far from the cities or places like HOUSTON etc...

A

Robinf Guest
    My one bedroom in MA costs me $825/mo, but heat, hot water, and gas are included (gas stove).

Average salary? Depends greatly on the occupation and the experience level of the person. For someone like me, a web developer, 3 years experience, I should "expect" to get around $3300/mo. I make much less than that, though, but that's the economy for you.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Godzilla Guest

I’m almost embarrassed to answer honestly but I will…

My house cost just over $4,000 per month (30 year mortgage)
    My car cost $400 per month
    Food also cost about $400 per month (this includes wifey and two kids)
    Martial Arts training cost $1,200 per year
    CD’s around $15
    DVD’s around $25
    Gas $1.39 per gallon

I live in New York. I know people paying twice and triple this who make me feel poor.

Godzilla

BTW Robin, I would love to visit MA. I heard it’s beautiful almost all year round.

Robinf Guest
    Godzilla,

MA is beautiful. I live on the NorthShore, by the ocean. It's exceptionally beautiful year round, and I don't have to go far to see and listen to the ocean--it's best, I feel, in the middle of winter; when everything is all frozen over, the ocean surf still pounds away. I lived in NYC for a few months (went to NYU for a semester). I'm not a city person, but I would certainly visit.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

halfling Guest
    Just some logical guesses at mean salaries here in the sough central US ..... Doctors (general family practitioners) make about $130,000 annually, Lawyers (not high level and not base level) about 80,000. I'm a speech pathology student and when I get my Master's Degree I can expect an intro salary of around 40K a year. also, Minimum wage is $5.25 so if you work full time (40 hrs a week) then you would have an avg salary of about $10,000 a year. Hope that helps figure it out a bit.

Wongsifu Guest
    its cool guys you know i always thought in america people make a shed load more than we do down here , but when it boils down to it its all relatively the same bullsh1te , the cost of living is too high down here and down there, thanks for the replies.

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
    They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

MonkeySlap Too Guest

Wong Sifu

You know, your English is pretty good. You could try writing for some American magazines. Magazines generally don't pay well, but those dollars would stretch for you in Cyprus.

You DO NOT want to know what I pay in rent...

"Poor is the pupil who
    does not surpass his
    master" - Leonardo Da
    Vinci

qeySuS Guest
    Average wage is 500$? **** i make 1.150$ before taxes in my summer job at tech support (and that's the lowest pay at the ISP), i think USA has higher wages. Mind you i only get like 100-200 when i work part time with school :)

Free thinkers are dangerous!

qeySuS Guest
    sharky dont learn java, java is evil and worthless :)

Free thinkers are dangerous!

joedoe Guest
    I disagree. Java may be a pain in the arse, but it has its uses. I personally prefer C++ but then we are in a web-enabled world now :)

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    You're fu(king up my chi

Wongsifu Guest
    cheers monkey slap , the reason my english is quite good is that i grew up in britain :D and i went to an english school when i moved over here , i have noticed that america and england pay better so its much better to do work down there , i actually do sell stuff on ebay and especially buy things that are cheap off it and sell them down here. our exchange raet is quite good we are about 1.50 to the dollar. So buying things from the net and selling them down here is a big profit. THanks for the idea anyhow...

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
    They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Sharky Guest
    i am doing Comp Sci at Cardiff Uni, it's just what they teach. I stand out in Cardiff, and on this course like a sore coc.k and i feel really thick. I can't grasp some of the programming and keep forgetting all the different terms. I've had loads of exams already, and loads of work. On monday i have 2 bits of coursework to hand in, and an exam.

This sucks :(

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.