Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ultimate KUNGFU Comic-book

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    "Your cup's too full to make make any question you claim to ask even remotely recognisable as such... but do go on. " "

HS: Yeah, whatever. O.K. so what is ZEN.

ZM: A word. Or whatever it is.

HS: Be serious. That doesn't make sense. What is ZEN?

ZM: Forty-two.

HS: Forty-two? What's that?

ZM: The answer to the question, "what is the meaning of Life?" according to the Hitch Hicker's Guide to the Galaxy. Or the Resteraunt at the End of the Universe. I think one can get to the resteraunt by using the guide.

HS: I didn't ask that.

ZM: Almost everyone asks that at some point. Would you like me to pour you more tea?

HS: More like pour it on me, and No. And forty two doesn't answer that question.

ZM: So, you claim to know the secret of the meaning of Life?

HS: No.

ZM: Then how could you know what the answer is Not?

HS: [dumbfounded]

ZM: Making a statement in question format is not the same as Asking a question. You won't find anything you're not missing. People who already Know don't care to find out...speaking of out, thank you for your company. I hope that you have a good trip to where ever, as you leave Japan.

HS: But I didn't learn anything.

ZM: Hopefully you learned that, a cup too Full, makes one wet.

Ernie Moore Jr.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

BRAVO!!!

No_Know...

excellent!!! I might just have to draw that...

Blog Entries
    Very ... I hopefully wasn't continuing or developing your idea wolfen. I merely went from Design Sifu's lead to a next makes sensible to go to. I barely even skimmed your stuff. Seeing what Design Sifu was interested in was paramount. And that's all for which I come to this thread. I might sometime read overthe rest of the stuff here to see what was said but, hopefully, I merely followed Design Sifu's lead as I understood to.~

My deed is done (seemingly) on this thread. It seems that you wolfen are an aspiring writer and got some direction from Design Sifu so, continued development to you.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

What happened to the original topic? Let's get back to some MA comics and stop worring about whos sharing what or whatever. I thought the media boards were about fun and entertainment?
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I looked for parts that I could use. "You...but do go on." I thought was directed, must have been directed at/to me. I thought that it was the ZEN master commenting to the HotShot. It did not occure that the hot Shot represented wolfen. I thought that it was merely a story start and the appropriate thing was to continue/finish the story. I saw a comment from which I derrived the direction Design, Sifu wanted to go. The ZEN master was indignant, agrivated by the arrogance of Hot Shot. I couldn't see direct disapproval from a zen master so I went the stereotypical way I understood that woukd be applicable.

You try to get out your ideas and perception of what it takes to be a Zen master, by describing the character by mirror review (what's in the body and stating ideals. The zen masters in my says don't seem to validate themselves. If the stuff that I put seemed to mirror your idea(s) it was the idea(s) which you did not post here. And yet, theoretically I basically do not read minds or thoughts. There really doesn't seem to be enough there for me to have done as you claim and developed YOUR idea. However I can now no longer use the concept of yellowstain to indicate not comming out. That was nice to see good mention, even if you didn't notice how wonderfully valuable that concept is. Good going, really good.

You write and are right. At least you're probabally right about something. i hope that you get what you need to develop whater skill you might have as a writer in directions more creative than hitting people with words...Actually that's what Writing is. There's merely differing degrees of touch, hit, smack, caress, console, push, press... Good luck~ wolfen.

Design_Sifu, Jademan comics had step by step,~ on how to produce their comics. Perhaps that would be of help to you.

ShaolinDynasty, wolfen's comments seemedinteresting. At least factors. If they were valid then that was a good mention on wolfen's part, to be helpful to your development. Thinking about such things as was mentioned should be helpful guides to producing good product with your talent.
    Last edited by No_Know; 12-25-2001 at 10:05 AM.

well... it seems wolfen is still ernestly in need of "someone" against which to define himself...

in the mean time, the original topic & entent of this thred has been derailed.

We could...

A) close this thred & start again
    B) let this thred continue on is present course
    C) redefine the intent of THIS thred
    D) . . .

I started this thred with the intention of allowing a space where any who would be interested, could explore what it could or would take to "create" a KUNGFU Comic...

Now this could lead into defining What a comic is... internet web-comic like this. vs. printed,stapled, mini-magazine like the kind many of us have grown up with.

Also then comes a potential discourse on the depiction of Kungfu. Such as the JADEMAN productions... filled with "martial mythology" and Matrix-esque special effects. Or marvel's Master of Kungfu of the 70's who mixed martial philosophy with some (highly stylised) visual storytelling+fight scenes and many of the conventions of comics... spys, superweapons etc... Also then are the Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee comics that hit the stands in the past few years... relying heavily on the "star-power" of their title charactor and the martial knowledge (or lack there of) of their illustrators.Then there are things like the Asiapac publications offering distilled "martial philosophies" in the form of stories... I would dare to place tiger's tale somewhere between here at it's onset & in newer episodes Jademan but hey that's my vision of that piece of art/work.

So... with this post I'm attempting to set a stage of definition...

I've encountered 1 comic book that I would refer to as a pure Kungfu-comic, though it actually is based on Kenpo. It was titled Fist Law, I'll post a link when I find it...
    Last edited by @PLUGO; 12-27-2001 at 03:53 PM.

I'd like to see that link when you find it DS. Unforntatly I wasn't into martial arts during my heavy collecting days, so I don't know much about the old martial heroes. I have read some Iron Fist, mostly when he was a guest star in spidey books, I didn't care for it much since he was to "preachy" but not in that good Silver Surfer way. Speaking of Spidey, I was in the store shopping for christmans and I saw a "ninja Spidey" what was that all about?
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

ninja Spidey

Well I believe Marvel is doing this project based on having some of Japan's manga artists do a manga take on various Marvel charactors... a Mecha Ironman... an X-men ala Dragon ball Z... and a Ninja Spiderman... the previews a saw seem novel...

I used to follow Iron Fist it was Okay... but mostly he was depicted as a super acrobat with his magical PUNCH!!! There was one issue where he fights hordes of ninja which worked pretty well in terms of his use of skill against multiple opponents... but of course FranK Millar's Daredevil wrote the book on one hero vs. Ninja Hordes...

Still mos of thos depictions went more for High Drama & spectical than actually illustrating Martial techniques in use... While Fist Law succeeds in that aspect (naming a Kenpo technique & showing it's use) it's weeknesses are found elsewhere.

Kenpo Comic...

Well Here it is....

hey does anyone remember when some kung fu comics from hong kong produced by a guy called Tony Wong used to be sold.

i think the company brand name was jademan comics and the titles included

the force of the buddhas palm
    oriental heroes
    drunken fist
    blood sword and some other titles

i used to luv reading them when i was a teenager
    anyway this thread got me thinking about it again. my goal when i was a teenager was to be able to draw comics as i was a pretty good drawer at the time...however...hmmm how things have changed.

anyway i m sure the above comics were sold in america
    australia.

JADEMAN

Yeah... great stuff... I've got a huge pile of them under my desk here at work!!!

Not much to be found online...
    Last edited by @PLUGO; 01-22-2002 at 01:24 PM.