Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate KUNGFU Comic-book

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    "Having created Tiger's Tale as well as having worked on some indie comics quite a few years back the topic has always been of interest to me... So how about you???

who of you have what it takes to produce a comic? storys, ideas, artwork, etc...

Who of you would be interested in such a comic???

well c'mon!!! whatdayathink??"

It seems that you would like to do more than you have perhaps before done, but understand that you need more than you to pull it off--this seems like a recruitment+. I think that I like Tiger's Tale. I could help you with story when you get stuck. Other than that, hear what they say about ours (mine and another's) when it comes out.

Other than That, good Luck to you and the others looking to make it~.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

recruitment?

hmmm.... maybe in the most abstract of ways, but I see this thread as a sort of testing ground for cultivating poential collaborations...

ShaolinD: I dig your individual panels and would love to see you expand that into some story telling techniques... I can't recomend Understanding Comics enough for a thorough exploration of the medium of comics...

Ron Lim:
    Was a big fan of him as well... especially on Silver Surfer, His Dragon Lines was a bit of a disapointment. Wasn't that the one with a modernised Monkey King? It was tooo Super-heroish & lacked alot of the Chinese/asian design sensibilites that really stand out in the Jade-man stuff & some of those recient films... Anyone see Legand of ZU?

Design sifu: "I dig your individual panels and would love to see you expand that into some story telling techniques"

Thanks for the complement but my story telling sucks so I hope I won't disapoint you. I saw that Understanding comics book in Barnes & Noble maybe I'll have to pick it up. Keep the comments coming guys, that always gives me inspiration to continue.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

I likely saw, "Zu"

I saw, "Zu:Warriors of Mystic Mountain." There's fencing at the beginning. The boy has a project but was told to get more research. Same story?
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

There's actually a Sequal called
    LEGEND OF ZU...

Matrix level special effects....quite the eye candy!!!

Wolfen email me the story maybe I'll be interested in drwing up a storyboard for you to look at and see if it's the direction you want to go in.

The main thing you expressed was a desire to make money and look for "formulas" and seem to be making a cattle call to get finished product.
    You are more like some kind of promoter that a creative person.
    well, you don't know me or my body of work.... not a problem really, but your still missing the point of my thred which was really to empower those interested in combining the Genre of martial arts with the media of comics...

It's something I have both experience with and an interest in... I've been there already, my work's been produced & published... I've been paid. I'll probably persue it again as well as other stuff.

ShaolinD has expressed his own interest & has started to develop his own pool of skills... you have my applause, & I would like to see more, especially on the "story board" tip as I've yet to see an application of visual storytelling
    Last edited by @PLUGO; 12-17-2001 at 05:06 PM.

So where did this "all animals brotherly love" in "two tigers" come from,
    is that a question wolfen?

are you asking ME something?

try again.

I am not sure the original name of the story but it is in Karate do Nyumon by funokashi. That guys name in the panel is Matsumuri Sensei. I might as well give away the basic story since it is already out already. Matsumuri is fired from his job teaching the lord of the area(don't have my papers with me) he is all worried about this and meets the blacksmith who challenges him to a fight for the next morning ........ for those who haven't heard this story yet I whant to keep the ending a surprise, let's just say that this comic will be extremely philosophical, which is what impressed me with the story anyway. It'll be done soon. I am goning to do it in sections so the next couple of pages should be on my site in about a week. I'll keep you guys posted.

Design Sifu- Thanks for the props I really appreciate the tips you've been giving me. Comics are such a specialized area that people like me(hobbyists) have a hard time finding tips. I used to do alot of this back in 95-97 but my training took up my time and energy for awhile. I am just trying to get back in the game, sad to say like MA when you don't draw for awhile you lose your skills. I look at my drawings now and go ugh but unfortunatly I don't have my old stuff either and computers are new to me so it's like starting over again.

True... Drawing as a technique needs to continually be trained... oh so much like Kungfu itself...

it's always a mission to keep one's skill's sharp.

this is true for prettymuch any& everything eh?

still pick-up the Understanding comics... for theory...

the of course Will Eisner's Sequential Art... or pretty much anything else!!!

Keep at it!!!

Yeah these characters know Karate, actually I beleive it takes place on okinawa(not sure) and the historical acuracy of this story doesn't really matter as much as the message it gives. Design Sifu was talking to me cause I have putting up samples but haven't put out a complete or partial story yet.

"?"

So there's this hotshot well read anthropologist who traveled to japan to meet some, probably famous ZEN master (Though how someone could become famous for doing nothing is a mystery ).

While visiting, ZEN master pours his guest some tea, continueing to pour well beyond the point of over filling the cup and in continues with no indication of stopping. Surprised, Anthropologist points out this seeming waist of spilled tea. ZEN master then stops and replies "...

Blog Entries
    ""?"
    So there's this hotshot well read anthropologist who traveled to japan to meet some, probably famous ZEN master (Though how someone could become famous for doing nothing is a mystery ).

While visiting, ZEN master pours his guest some tea, continueing to pour well beyond the point of over filling the cup and in continues with no indication of stopping. Surprised, Anthropologist points out this seeming waist of spilled tea. ZEN master then stops and replies "..."

Your learning is like this tea. Yet you do not see the waste in learning aimlessly.

Ernie Moore Jr.:~>

"?" 2.0

ahhh... Wolfy... your fictions are just now starting to become amusing...

you still reveal your dependance on me for any semblance of value to your posts... but hey, you did blow your wad in 3 squirts already, do you have anything new or original to offer?

Your cup's too full to make make any question you claim to ask even remotely recognisable as such... but do go on.

We can all see how desperately you need this...

Blog Entries
    "Your cup's too full to make make any question you claim to ask even remotely recognisable as such... but do go on. "

When editing this for spacing I reread and realized a possible what you were looking for. I'll post this then go for that.

...Zm: I'm sorry, was that me? I was talking to myself [softly half to himself] again. And just now became aware.

Depending on your point or direction this could go many ways.

HS: I didn't think zen masters lost focus [cleaning himself off (drying)]

ZM:Master!? I'm merely a student.

HS: But aren't you_____? They say you're so much this and that and almost even famous [almost to himself] "Though how someone could become famous for doing nothing is a mystery"

ZM:I'm he, but I'm not anything,,,,like that. What do I know? I can't even pour tea [apologetically smiles and kneels to talk with his guest].

HS:This was a waste

ZM:[wiping the table and not looking at the man until after having spoken] Like the tea. [looks into the right eye of HS for a serious deep moment then smiles apologetically]
    Last edited by No_Know; 12-21-2001 at 01:26 PM.