Thread: Xingyiquan Photo Gallery

Xingyiquan Photo Gallery

Hey guys:

Please, check out the new Xingyiquan Photo Gallery of my teacher, Deng Fuxing, on Emptyflower's Xingyiquan website:

http://www.emptyflower.com/xingyiquan/deng

I hope you enjoy it
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Thumbs up

Excellent gallery, Felipe!
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Smile Thanks Count

I must give public thanks to David DeVere for putting up the gallery. The man is a true artist

Nice gallery

David did a really nice page there for you and your master. I was impressed. Keep training hard in your hsingyi.

peace,
    ma

Kung Fu in the Domincan Republic

Felipe,

I am very surprised and happy to hear that Kung Fu is being taught in the Domincan Republic. How much of it is there?
    You are very fortunate to have an excellent teacher.

I was born in Santo Domingo, and left when I was 3 years old. I live in New York City, where I train in Wing Chun Kung Fu. My parents left China, and settled in the Domincan Republic for 5 years. They are fluent in Spanish. I unfortunately, was not there long enough to speak it. We still have many friends and relatives there. I have been wanting to go back to see my birthplace. I will always be a Chino-Latino!

The website is excellent, good luck with your training. Perhaps I can visit your school when I do go back!

Chuk Hung

Smile Hey Chuk Hung!

How are you? I'm happy to know that you were born and have friends and relatives in the island! Of course you can visit us when you come back

Well, to be honest, there's a lot of kung fu schools here, but only a few good and dedicated practicioners. Master Deng lives here since 1993, and it was the first time here that a real teacher brought Xingyi and Bagua to the island. Other branches of kung fu (specially Choy Li Fut, Hung Gar and Shaolin Long Fist) have been around here since the sixties.

I practiced Choy Li Fut and Shaolin for four years before Master Deng came here. I left every previous martial knowledge I had, and started training Xingyi full time.

It's rather difficult to find excellent practicioners here, because everyone only wants flashy kicks and pretty movements.

So, begin practicing your spanish and contact me when you're ready to come back.

Cool

Good stuff Felipe, I stumbled across David Devere's Empty flower site a year or so ago. I have gotten some good info there. I am
    a Hsing-I player (Hebei)And I do Yang style Taiji as well. I enjoy these styles tremendously. Keep up the hard training your Sifu is quite impressive.
    Threats are the last refuge of the weak, but the true Warrior has no need of threats. He acts appropriately at all times and in all circumstances."

Blog Entries
    Man that guy is ripped!!!!

nice site.
    where's my beer?

Kung fu in the Dominican Republic?

I searched all over last time I was there. Is anyone still out there? Please contact me. Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by brazilusa View Post
    I searched all over last time I was there. Is anyone still out there? Please contact me. Where are you?

Wow. Way to bring up a 10 year old thread....

Emptyflower is gone.

Rum Soaked Fist remains.

it has been 10 years.

me feel old.

Felipe...you are the best. Thanks for your years of work.