Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Problem

Hybrid View

Exclamation Serious Problem

This is a question for the instructors or those of you who work with teenagers.

I have a girl in my class she's quite talented and I spend a little extra time training with her.

Now here's the problem. She has developed a crush on me. She's 16.

What the H3LL do I do? Do I need to talk to her or do I just ignore it and hope that it goes away?

Yeah, yeah like bruce lee says, but I don't want to embarass her and have her stop training.

This sucks
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts, ...

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

tell it to her straight, but remember tact. don't be the fake i care about your training either, and don't do the fake straigt talk. (not sure if you know what i mean)
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

Three words.....I am gay

But seriously, that's a tough position there.

You could either go for the straight out face to face thing, which is to be admired and respected, cause god knows its hard to do.

Or if you don't like that idea, and have some significant other or something, you could try to make it so that your seen with them in such a way that it leaves little doubt to your status together.

Either than that and wild outrageous schemes that would be considered either cruel, hilarious, or possibly involving spoons and small mammals, that's about all i can offer.

First off....give me the signs that she has a "crush" on you, and then, I can fully tell you how to handle it....because she may just really look up to you as a role model, and someone that she can trust, but I won't know until I have found out the "signs".
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Well I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why...

I wonder if you'll get That reference

She has called me on my cell phone about ohh every second day for the last week or so and she has also invited me to her dance recitle.

Hmm, I guess Bruce was right .
    All the world's a stage,

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

If I were you, I'd go for her. Of course, it's not illegal for me

My advice on this subject isn't worth much, but I guess you'll just have to set her straight.

SIGNS SIGNS EVERYWHERE ARE SIGNS!!~~TESLA

Sheesh, I am not THAT young!!! Tesla Rocked!! Anyways, yeah, she has a FAT crush. Personally, I think you should just put it to her with the "you know the age difference is really a prob for me" type thing....and redirect her crush into something different. Just tell her that you are there for her as her INSTRUCTOR....but that's all. Hey, I know teenagers, and it will last for oh, about a month, until there's a cute boy at school she likes more!!
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Oh yeah Tesla

LOl @ Tesla.

Funny Chick,
    All the world's a stage,

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

Hey, uh, Sharky.....can you PLEASE get your mind off a piece of A$$ for a moment?? That would help....yeah, thanks!!!!!!

Sick B@ST@RD!!

I think you should stop with the extra help (slowly). Be a little more strict with her in practice.

That gay thing isnt such a bad idea.

Talk to her folks, but tell them not to say anything to her.

Introduce her to fellow students around her age.
    For traditional kung fu go to http://www.taishingpekkwar.com

Be careful with this one. Make sure that you always have lots of other people around when you're doing the extra training stuff. If she gets nasty after you've let her understand the full deal then you can't afford to be spending time alone with her.
    I lead heaps of camps with teenagers and this happens to me every camp. Not that I'm hot s**t or anything, but young girls often get a thing for older guys who treat them with respect (i.e. a leader or instructor). I've found the best way to do this is to just be casual with them, and not allow any time in which the relationship stuff can happen.
    For example, the dance recital. Just say "Sorry, I've gotta go do (insert something that would totally bore the crap out of a teenager)" or even hint that you're going to be seeing someone.
    Thank them for the offer, but make it clear that you're not interested. Start scanning your calls on your mobile. I lead church camps and they are so strict on this 'cos if anything goes on we lose the camps forever and the church gets sued, hammered, whatever.
    Be real careful in this age of litigation my friend...
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

The best thing is to appear as if you haven't noticed it! If she is a teenager the crush will pass and everything is going to be fine. Why complicated things?

Sharky, I was going to say that you are sick but then I remembered the story about the scorpion and the frog... You just can not help it.

Having been a teenage girl who had crushes on male teachers, just ignore it and it will pass. If she acts on it (asks you out, or something), then you can say something. But, until then, just leave it and the crush will pass.

Robin
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

FYI: Tesla didn't do the song "Signs" first, it came out in the early '70s' by the "Five Man Electrical Band", yes I am that old.
    Tesla did do a real decent cover version though.

Secondly, have a thorough talk with the girl about the situation, if it doesn't sink in then avoid her like the plague.
    Last edited by Metal Fist; 12-06-2001 at 11:30 AM.
    Threats are the last refuge of the weak, but the true Warrior has no need of threats. He acts appropriately at all times and in all circumstances."