Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious Problem

A pre-emptive strike is always best in these situations. File a sexual harassment suit.

That'll show her!

(joking, I hope you could tell)
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

realize

you are a role model
    that is supposed to help her grow
    you are a symbol of what an ideal male is
    (strong, skilled, respectful)

never do anything that would make her think that
    all men fall into the category of users of women

be direct if you have to and let her know how cool martial arts are redirect her energies to her style development

tell her that if she calls you all the time you will have to charge her extra for private lessons

be careful with the parents, some dads would take her right out of the class if they knew their daughter was lookin at the sifu

easy

Young teacher the subject of school girl fantasy...

MaFuYee ROTFLMAO funny Sh!t Dude.

Stacey you are one seriously warped chick. Good for you.

Alright, I'm not the one with the crush.

I'm going to ignore it for now and be sure not to give any extra attention to her as well I will act very disinterested.

I will try with the unobvious, if things get worse then I will have to say something.

Something like what? I have yet to decide.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts, ...

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

I thought Stacey was a man posting as a woman? Is Stacey really a chick? She sounds way too much like a guy.
    No sir, I don't like it.
    Don't trust him/her/it (pick one)
    This is a serious statement too. I'm sure I remember a couple of fellas talking to (and about) Stacey being a guy & him admitting it.
    If not, Sorry Stacey!
    It wouldn't be the first mistake I've made, but it certainly would be the first one I've made about questionable gender!
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

thank god I am too ah-g-hrih to have this problem,

also I dont teach....I am da stoodent
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

I doubt that she really wants to seriously hook up with your or anything. The fact that you are the instructor and that you have the power is very intruiging to her. More often than not, a younger student will be attracted to their teacher, instructor whatever. it happens in school too. Just let her know that she isn't welcome to call you on your cell phone. When she calls just say, hey i have to go talk to me about it at class. I wouldn't necessarily talk to her about it, it would be an awkward situation for both of you then. Maybe she just wanted attention and then you tell her that you dont want to get with her -- might scare her off to much ya know? Just ease into it by only having your encounters be during class. You probably wont be able to completely get rid of the crush but at least it will make you feel good. She probably listens well and tries to impress you. If nothing else it keeps her motivated to train. Don't let this come in the way of you teaching her. Just try to slowely nudge her out of your private life so she wont feel so close to you. And enjoy her admirations from afar.

Stacey Guest
    look, I was only joking before. I was trying to freak you out a little. I really think you need to consider this girls feelings and do whats appropriate as an adult. Its fun to indulge in a little fantasy. There is a teacher at my high school whose name sounds like Zvakage and we call him Mr. Package because he has a huge package and always sits with his legs far apart. We talk
    about him in the bathroom and make it through his boring ass class by just imagining. But none of us would really do it. We flirt with him, but I don't think any of us would really **** him. I think it would hurt anyways, that guy has got to be BIG.

Bad news

Stacey you are crazy and a bit annoying.

Well I tryed not to pay too much attention to her tonight and divert her attention elsewhere. I thought I had succeded because she seemed to be more interested in another instructor.

At 10:30PM she called me.
    I missed the call but she left me a lengthy message about her dance recitle and for me to call her back tonight.

I don't think that ignoring this is the answer. I'm going to have to let her know the facts. I'm just not too sure what the Fu(k too say.
    All the world's a stage,

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

Yeah, stacy is a guy. He went by the name nutt'n'funny (or something to that effect) and would brag about his beautiful sweedish girlfriend. Stacy, you are probably a repressed ****sexual, seek help.

i say

try to hook her up w/ some 16 yr old student you have.
    "I am not ashamed, what is vital isn't always humane" - #8

easy

Have your girlfriend pick you up from class
    If you don't have a girlfriend get someone to fake it.

Make it look like your unavailable.

If that doesn't work....I know people. hahhahaha

This girl should never have called you. She shouldn't have your home phone number.

Since she has initiated a step, something to let her down easy might be the simple fact of your age differences, or you have someone else. You also need to let her know that it's inappropriate for her to call you. You are only her teacher and really that's all you can be for her, and bring up the age difference again--that you are an adult and she is still a "minor", so there can be nothing beyond your being her teacher. Just remind her somehow that she's a kid and you're not.

Does that help?

Robin
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Hello again, If you can't catch her when she calls you, talk to her in class. Just be causual and say, "Hey, you really shouldn't call me at home. The best way to reach me is to just talk to me here when we train." I still don't think you should upfront talk to her about liking you. Being a young woman, I would have felt very uncomfortable if my older, male instructor came up to me and said something along the lines of "i know you like me, but its not gonna work out." I don't know how your training is, but our class is pretty physical and it would have made a riff in the atmosphere. I would use that as a last last resort. Plus it prolly wont stop her from liking you. Just try to get the point across she cant call you at home. Also, is it a dance recital where shes dancing up on stage and your sitting in the audience? if so, tell her you will come watch and either show up with a girl or dont show up at all. it will give her the imipressoin that she isnt a priority in your life. But dont go up to her the next time you see her and say, "im so sorry i couldn't show up something came up." if yor going to say anything at all say, "oh yeah, well i didn't really feel like going. " or tell her you had a date or you were cleaning house or washing your hair, etc. i wouldn't recommend talking to her upfront about not liking you. just too weird, esp with the age gap and all.

Seroulsly, you shouldn't even be playing this game. What does her mom look like? Now THAT could be fun.

Or, you can try and play it like a sucio and wait till she's 19 or 20.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

My cell #

It's on my card.

I'm going to talk to here and belive me I have been thinking of ways to tell her the straight truth as well as trying not to hurt her young ego.
    All the world's a stage,

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7