Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fight club

I'm guessing these guys were locals? So they would have done national service and trained in Krav Maga?

they won because they are drunk and those who was beaten so

no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by MAX
    they won because they are drunk and those who was beaten so

no big deal

wha? they may not have been the only ones who were drunk...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Oh,so thats what KRAV MAGA looks like.
    First smooth,then fast.
    Smooth is fast.

difficult..

u cant really see what happened, but it's pretty typical of this sort of thing i've been involved with and seen in clubs during my time in them.

generally nobody else joins in unless it directly affects them or their friends/ loved ones, and these three look like they're pack hunters, so if you get the better of one, you're immediately facing all three.

and they do also look reasonably well practised at it, so it's probably fair to say they've fought in teams before. ...& assuming you're without backup, against three practised team players, you probably havent got much chance of winning really, so from a self defence point of view you'd be best advised doing exactly that, gathering and protecting your friends/girls and withdrawing to let it play out rather than trying to intervene.

such is life.

..on the other hand ..IME "trained" fighters are often safer to fight for real in some ways because theyre less likely to be carrying or use weapons, and so it's probably only going to be a beating if you do lose, therefore depending on circumstances, proximity and the injustice of it all, i'm sure the warriors amongst us can't help be tempted to perhaps match ourselves against the wrongdoers, and get to pressure test all our training for real....?

hmm
    No "System" can out perform the limitations of your mind...

That happens all the time and I've been involved in things like that in the past.

Where these guys made a mistake was hanging out afterwards. Big mistake. At the very least they should expect a few baseball bats with their names on it when they go for their cars ..... these days, getting shot for something like that is not rare.

Exclamation revised; walk in the park with ice cream

Ok, Let's do it. Sunday March 26. Open invite to all. Bring your gear and let's get ready to rumble. I posted this earlier about having an open spar day. So guys and gals shoot me a PM if you can attend. Trying to get a group of mixed styles together for a test of skills.

It will be light to medium contact. all in good fun. A learning experience for all.

Depending on how many will be venturing out, will dictate the location. It will be nuetral grounds, No school colors. We do not want any politics or bad attitudes. Just individuals who would like to get together and test their fighting abilities and to meet some new people and have a good time.

Hope to hear from you and cant wait to meet you.

C ya soon Kelley.
    Last edited by Emeraldphoenix; 02-21-2006 at 12:23 PM.
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

Thanks for the PM's guys. Glad to hear from you. I am just throwing this up to bump it back up to main screen.

Hopefully Sifu Darkfist see's this, looking forward to meeting you.

Thumbs up

Akron is in and columbus and canton. Who's next?

Blog Entries
    Where do you do this "fight club"? And how do you insure this type of event? Does the venue you spar in require insurance?

FP

Fu Pow

Did I mention NO LAWYERS.......

Has MasterKiller already posted this too?

VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

MK posts video-only entertainment for the unclean masses. Your link has too many words for the average KFO'er.

Question Fight Club Article

After I got through the article I feel that its nothing new to american society.

Just the little guy trying to get some crumbs from the big guys table.

Seen some of these fights on tape and in person and it really puts into perspective the idea of "reality martial arts".