Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern styles inferior to Northern?

Southern styles inferior to Northern?

Robert W. Smith wrote that Northern styles are better than their souther counterparts because they were invented first. He wrote that the southern styles are just poor offshoots of the northern ones, trying often to modify the northern, but just end up being weaker and watered down. What are all of yor opinions on this?

Isnt it obvious.

Well obviously Robert W.Smith is totaly correct.
    I mean why on earth would anyone pick a southern style over there northern counterparts.
    "southern styles are just poor offshoots of the northern ones"
    Of course they are! Those poor southern masters never come up with anything worthwhile
    "trying often to modify the northern, but just end up being weaker and watered down"
    As we have all seen by the terrible state of arts like CLF, HG, YKM, PM, SPM. Ive certainly never seen anything that was not "weak or watered down" in these styles

Im thinking the lesson here is that Mr Smith should proberly stop speaking from his rectum and stop seperating arts into stupid packages.
    The whole arguement holds no wieght as most southern styles were developed compleately independently of Northern influence.
    As for Northern being invented first. How on earth could our most intelligent Mr Smith know???
    SPM was invented seperately of northern, the moves are very different as is the delivery of power.
    I think Mr Smith should go try some Southern hands and see if he still thinks that way.
    I always love it when people try and talk like that. Makes me feel like im in kinda, discussing who's dad is the strongest.
    Last edited by jon; 12-06-2001 at 09:16 PM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

north vs. south

northern style root is like a t*urd in water ... floats & stinks.

fgz re smith

i would like to know from what resource you are drawing this information,did you hear this from mr. smith directly or have you read it in one of his books?,if so ,which one?

Yeah which one?

I have perused several of Smith's books and found him to be quite fond of southern styles, If he did write it, perhaps it was when he was really young before his travels throughout southeast asia. I believe but could be wrong that Robert Smith was a student of Cheng Man Ching (sp). Yang style tai chi holds a lot of similarities in stance and power structure to various southern styles. It doesn't seem logical that if he were to recognize these similarities that he would denigrate southern kung fu like that

Martial Musings

The book is entitled "Martial Musings." It's his last book. Smith might have been quoting someone else but it was still written in his book. The book only comes in hard copy and runs to about $40. It's hard to find. I had to have Borders order it for me. If you get it, KEEP THE RECEIPT! It aint worth $40. I read it and returned it.

North & South

Fg

Finally someone has published what I have been posting all along on this forum.

If any of you go to a southern kungfu school. remember to keep the receipt for your class fees to get your refund.

ego like head - up a*s*s

--keep floating tu*rd boy ... btw, u belong in jersey ... america's most often used toilet bowl.

Red face Is it me?

Is is me or is the whole "Style vs. Style" argument getting tired...

Makes me laugh...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Soutehrn style not as good as north, hahahahahahahaha

peace,
    ZhouJiaQuan

tired?

Is is me or is the whole "Style vs. Style" argument getting tired...

--been going on thousands of yrs & u r tired? take a nap evil1 ... when u r refreshed join us again ... it will still b going on ... 4ever

Hello Ego,

Do you include Tibetan arts in 'Southern' ? some people do.

Angry ego

you certainly are a stupid fu(k! why put such sh!t ?

the reciept will be shoved up your a$$ if you ever said that to a sifu at their school!

f.t.

you certainly are a stupid fu(k!

--u r 2 generous ... he's not anywhere near smart enuff 2 qualify 4 stupid fu(k status.

why put such sh!t ?

--becuz he is a turd & that's ? turds do ... floating just like his root in the toilet bowl called new jersey

the reciept will be shoved up your a$$ if you ever said that to a sifu at their school!

--the only receipt this sack of maggot sh*it has is from his latest kung fu magazine purchase. besides there's no room ... his a*ss is all ready occupied & filled ... with his head

interesting

Some of you have a fixation on the rear end. Whether it is the result of your training I don't know - not that there's anything wrong with it.

I guess there are some styles that don't trade blows face to face. Not that theres anything wrong with it.

Like fierce tiger said - what ever makes you happy.