Thread: What do you guys think of these breaks? (James Lacy student) Cool clips inside!!! :)

What do you guys think of these breaks? (James Lacy student) Cool clips inside!!! :)

http://www.ironpalmkungfu.com/id6.htm

The coconut breaks look like Lacy when he does them. What do you think of his form that he does (i mean the kata form, not his breaking form)? He moves a bit better than Lacy but I dunno...

His brick break looks sound, but I'm no expert. What do you think?

Iron
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Angry Another Lacy stooge

Anyone who aligns with Lacy has to be at the bottom of the gene pool when it comes to intelligence. The person in question is another of the so called Lohons that Lacy has all over the place. You pay for these titles and supposedly they are "for life". His moves are forced and his kuen has not root nor anything you could call skill involved. Anyone on this board who has seen Lacy move, know that he cannot. Its simple. Lacy is not what he claims to be and his claims border on the shy side of insanity.

Iron Palm is not a whole system. It is a "gung" to help condition the hands and train the Qi to move through the body and get to the hands. You can use your IP training to heal as well. Just pull your qi to your hands and then you can massage or perfrom tui na on someone rather than hit them and make them cry. Funny that many of us cannot seem to fathom the other side of a negative "gung".

We have been through this debate before and I wont start flinging mud. The person at that site is a pathetic example of how martial arts in this nation have succumbed to the high and all mighty buck.

I emailed him personally and asked him some questions and I got back an email full of rants and rather ill aimed attempts to smear my honor and my heritage. Go figure. Anyone with half a brain knows to stay clear of Lacy and anyone toting the 18 Daoist Palms banner.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

Unhappy Hurt Just Watching

Ouch.

Coconuts: I know someone who can toss a coconut up in the air, punch it, and it pretty much shatters. I'm supposed to impressed with some guy hitting one repeatedly against a concrete floor? I can see monkeys do it better on the Discovery Channel.

Form: I love the hesitation as he tries to remember his next move.

Bricks: Put those bricks on the ground and let's see him break them. My 12 year old cousin could break the bricks the way he had them set up. Pure physics.

I don't know who James Lacy is, and I don't care. This guy stunk.

his form looked pretty crappy to me.

his arms kept jiggeling at the end of each and every strike and movement ... i'm no expert but i thought that was a sure sign of a newbie.
    where's my beer?

Unhappy Let me guess.......

The guy in the clips with the pony tail loves star wars, thinks Darth Maul is the ultimate, and goes to sleep listening to running water.

One thing to say..does this guy realize that he has hips? if so..could he please use them to generate power? Ninjas may run around in pajamas but this guy looks like he walks around in his robes.

As for the coconut break..how many chances does he have to deliver the killer blow? Will these demonstrations prevent him from getting his ass kicked? Probably not..fists,feet, and the rest of the body do the talkin'..the rest is just surface noise.
    Michael Panzerotti
    Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Unhappy

You guys should give him a break, it looked like that really hurt a lot. What I don’t understand if you can’t really do something on one side (hopefully your good side) why would you try it on your weak side.

He should use the bricks to fix his house, that would be more impressive.

good missguided effort. a long way to go to reach effortless
    Last edited by bamboo_ leaf; 12-11-2001 at 10:02 AM.
    enjoy life

The form is a joke, as for the breaks......no comment!

Skard1
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

Anyone on this board who has seen Lacy move, know that he cannot.

Yeah, Lacy is pretty choppy and crappy in his movements. But, I don't know very much about breaking so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks for the info.

Lacy is funny, every time you email him he tries to sell you stuff "but only if you act right away!!!"

Hehehe

Iron
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

all this crap about an iron palm style ????!!!*&^%$""

what **** is that breaking i had a look at the 5 blocks that that guy broke on the iron palm website (www.ironpalmkungfu.com) hmmmmmmmmmmm i thought and now i know what those blocks remind me of that was it airbricks a large rather chunky looking yet very porous and brittle brick jus to tell u how easy they r to break my friend who does no hand conditioning and no martial arts at all managed to punch through one of them (bought them from local building material suppliers arnolds) i myself then thought i'll have a go (being a practitioner of lau gar kung fu) i do quite a bit of hand conditioning including knuckle pushups wrist pushups and punching this pair of jeans that i filled up with pea gravel an clamped the legs to the waist between two pieces of timber well i have been both conditioning hard and training hard for a year now i managed to punch through three (punch not palm strike) my palms are very hard after a year of conditioning i'm sure most ppl's would be but its about mental outlook and attitude i managed to break through 6 with a palm strike if i was a master an tried to exhibit my amazing iron palm skills with some breaking, as the onlooker and a martial artist i am really not impressed at all this pathetic attempt for a martial art should be reported to the necessary societys and abolished and the teacher should be forbiden from teaching such crap

breaking nuts

--i'm in montana ... i'm safe from attack by foaming at the husk, palm tree rattlin, mad dog mean, coconuts ... got some bricks around here ... might have 2 think about it