View Poll Results: There sure are a lot of newbies recently, eh?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes there are, they just hatched

2 22.22%
  • No there aren't, what are you smoking?

2 22.22%
  • They'll go away, it's just a phase

2 22.22%
  • They are all ralek in disguise!!!!!!

3 33.33%

Thread: There sure are a lot of newbies recently

There sure are a lot of newbies recently

Eh?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

good or bad thing?

good - lots of new people, new points of view

bad - same old questions again and again

comments?

overall I'd have to say it's a good thing, (I would say that, wouldn't I )

btw - which is the best style?
    You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

We have all been a newby at some point

That's so true, and you can see them now as the newest member's, but i don't see much posting.

Skard1
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

Smile Senior Members...

I've been a member since Jan 1970 - when i was 4.

Truly,
    Godzilla

Yeah, but it takes a little while to start joining in, well, it did me anyway.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

it's definetly intimidating when you first join the forum. So many of the members seem to know each other and have built up existing friendships, it's almost like butting in on a private conversation.
    You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

maybe not

might have always been this way. its only noticable now that this thing indicates new members.
    this is sort of like the world before the media came to reign. sure stuff was happenning all over the place but it wasn't common knowledge. I beleive things have always been this way, its only now that we are aware of it , it only seems as though its just happening.
    comprende?

You gotta freshman pass, Newbie? No? Well, then you gotta choice. Locker or swirly, Newbie - what's it gonna be?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I'll let you decide that , if you can beat me.

hmmn

besides , ive been here a few years ...

everything is transient

Fortunately, it seems most of the newbies are here to actually take part in the kung fu forum. I think we're just more aware of their presence now with the forum's bells and whistles and all.

What's annoying is when so-called newbies start coming on, and immediately put all these threads out with provocative titles like "traditional no good?" or "Saw a bjj instructor beat a tai chi guy...". They seem to have plenty of experience being annoying on the forum, and they post with a clear, if childish, agenda.

So, I think this influx of newbies is a good thing.

Now the so-called "invasion" a couple of months ago...well, that was kind of sad.

My favorite is when people are invalidating some fraud sifu's credentials, especially when its easily proven stuff, and suddenly some new member comes on and says, "What you don't understand about grandmaster X is that he secretly trained under the dim sum temple's abbot..." It just cracks me up!! Its like they monitor the forum for bad press, and expect us to believe whatever they say as a new member who has never contributed anything useful to the forum.

Now, if any new members want to see what kind of useful and enriching contributions the senior forum members expect from everyone, please view the post "mai tai 14 kung pao 3". I think you'll find yourselves better forum members for having read it.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 12-11-2001 at 11:04 AM.

When I first joined I perused the old threads before posting a topic. Too bad that's not an option anymore, there was a lot of interesting stuff saved up on the old forum.

Is that stuff completely lost, i mean stuff from a whiile baaack .
    i looked at the member list and sure enough i found myself as who i was last registered as, but it says i posted never. anyway , i forgot that password in any case , this is obviously not important though, simply because some questions keep recycling themselves over and over in different forms, like creatine, or sex and kungfu or whatever. I remember a while back some guys who were into making elixers /tonics posted thier recipes here, i took some of them down i thought that was really cool, too bad i havent tried making them yet.