Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Movie trailers

Jaguar Wong Guest
    They might be saving that one for a suprise. I think The Balrog scene was in the second book (well, the second book if you bought LOTR as the trilogy rather than one collected volume like it's supposed to be :)), wasn't it? I don't remember, because I read the books straight through, so I don't remember what happened in which books.

We may have to wait for that one :)

I thought "Attack of the Clones" was a very stupid title, but KC is right, it's not like the rest are any better. We were little'uns raised in a different era when the others were made. Think about the magic for the kids in this generation. I'll still go see it, and I'll probably like it (I liked Episode I). I thought the little glimpse of Boba Fett in the trailer is bringing some hope for some great action scenes. Let's just hope the space fighter battles are better this time.

Jaguar Wong

"If you learn to balance a tack hammer on your head
    then you learn to head up a balanced attack!"
    - The Sphinx

KC Elbows Guest
    I swear the Moria scene was in that trailer. Maybe I'm getting it confused with something else, but I don't think so. They are clearly in a dwarf fortress, one of them drops something down into this well, and Gandalf says"They're awake" or something. The next thing you see is Gandalf on a bridge or something saying "You shall not pass!" Sounds like the Moria scene, and that's in the trailer.

Show me the balrog!!

KC Elbows Guest
    But yes, I think it was in the second book, too. Perhaps they are trying to fit it in two movies? I'm confused.

Jaguar Wong Guest
    Yes that is the scene they're showing. They actually have scenes from all three books in the trailer. I think it's more of a Lord of the Rings Trailer, not just a Fellowship of the Ring trailer.

Jaguar Wong

"If you learn to balance a tack hammer on your head
    then you learn to head up a balanced attack!"
    - The Sphinx

KC Elbows Guest
    *******s!! Now I must develop patience in order to wait to see the balrog.

Perhaps there's some discipline I could take up in order to learn discipline, restraint, so that I can continue my life until the other movies come out.

I know!!

I'll take Karate. :D