Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the Ninjutsu practioners on the board

To the Ninjutsu practioners on the board

Since I try to train for reality, and a good portion of my training now is involving things like OC spray, knives, firearms, etc.
    I really started thinking about Ninjutsu for its aspects on metsubushi, stealth, etc.
    Can anyone give me some good info, webpages, or advice on the tactics of ninjutsu that is soley for things like metsubushi, etc.
    I am not really interested in the hand to hand, since I'm comfortable with judo, BJJ, and JKD, so how would I go about gaining info on just those aspects of ninjutsu?

I'm doubting people will teach those aspects without the whole ninjutsu package.
    Any info would be great. Thanks

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Wasn't there some Togakeryu people here?

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Ryu. I thought you quit posting on Ashida's Board?

Anyway, "History and Tradition" by Hatsumi has some info on Metsubishi and other cool stuff. Try asking the people at www.e-budo.com cuz there's some cool ninjtusu people there. I know there's a few books on shuriken, too.

Iron
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Thanks Iron.
    I did quit posting, but I wanted to ask mostly Eric Larson about it (supposedly he's pretty well ranked in the Bujinkan)

I posted this on E-budo too.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

Holy ****e that was a fast reply

Yeah dude, but I saw your name there the other day.

I'll try and find some more books that might help you. Maybe I Hate ashida Kim might know. Doesn't he study ninjutsu?

Iron

censoring

Whoa, it censors part of words now? That's gay. If I was speaking Japanese to you and I said a-s-h-i-t-a, it would cencor the s-h-i-t part. Watch:

A****a gakko ni ikimasu.

But I guess it might be beneficial, because it wouldn't delete entire words, so you might get a better idea of what I was saying Watch:

****ing A! What a ****ing dumb****. Stupid little butt****ing ****head.

English is fun.

Iron

No Go..

Ryu,

In taijutsu, every weapon or method of arming oneself for the purpose of defence or attack, is based on principals of alignment and posture as taught through empty hand training.

All weapons are an extension of the empty hands.. no teacher will teach you these methods unless you familiarize yourself first with ninjutsu's empty hand methods.

If you want to know how to use a spray can just press on the nozzle and let her rip!
    Michael Panzerotti
    Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

You know, honestly, Rolling Elbow,
    I'm giving thought to studying ninjutsu. I'm very well versed in my other MA, it's arrogant of me to think I can't learn something from it. I am thinking Bujinkan if I can.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

Do they even teach stealth in Ninjutsu anymore? I though it was just Taijutsu and a few weapons with breakfalls put in.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

Isn't Ninjutsu the part of Ninpo that covers stealth, like Taijutsu covers weaponless techniques?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    http://www.infinite.org/library/pages/CFWIKAUG96-7.html

The instructions for posting a hyperlink are bad as far as the descriptor for the actual address, unless this is to keep order.

I don't feel like looking any more.

Yohave been studying metsubishi stealth with your jujitsubasics and the principles of techniques. To further you Study, study chemistry, poisins (natural (so perhaps herbology~)) and taisabaki and you're there.

I have more to say but please say if you know/found out what metsubishi even means or with which has to do.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

"Metsubishi" is some kind of car I think

Metsubushi is "crushing the eyes" if I can remember right.

S'ok, I found what I was looking for! Thanks guys.
    Actually I think I may start studying some bujinkan material. See if I can go to a dojo in the area as well.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

I thought metsubishi was blinding powder?

Maybe that was tetsubishi?

Stupid bad romanizations.

Iron

metsubushi IS blinding powders yes. But I think it can be anything that "closes the eyes" ......

where's Rolling Elbow when you need him?

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

metsubushi

metsubushi comes from me: eyes and the verb tsubusu to crush or squash. When we train metsubushi in the Bujinkan it can range from blinding powder, destractions (coins, shuriken, dirt mirrors) to eye gouges or even the use of peper spray.
    tetsubishi are iron version of the hishi nut that looks like a 4-sided dice. Also called makibushi (or scattered hishi). In English they are called caltrops.

link to a suriken and tetsubushi page
    Last edited by shinbushi; 12-14-2001 at 05:08 PM.
    David Dow
    Bujinkan Anko Dojo
    www.taijutsu.com
    "Why try to KO the guy when you can stab him and watch him bleed to death." Toshiro Nagato