Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex and Chi (again)

Things to focus on and take seriously as the foundation for improving ones inner landscape for Male Sexual/Spiritual/Energetic Cultivation:

1. Semen Retention
    2. Chi Cultivation
    3. Chi Circulation (Lesser heavenly circle)
    4. The practice of tightening and releasing the wei yin point (near the anus)during meditation.
    5. Chi kung (Moving meditation - ie. T'ai Chi, Standing Post)

These 5 practices are key if one is to develop the internal landscape as well as improving the sex life. The lesser heavenly circle meditation during sex involves taking the chi from the Hui(wei) yin point up the spine, over the top of the head, down the front of the face, connecting the energy by placing the tongue at the roof of the mouth, and continuing all the way back down the front, out to the tip of the p-e-n-i-s, down the base o f the p-e-n-i-s and returning to the Hui(wei) yin point all in a single inhale => exhale. This will circulate the orgasm throughout the body, not just confining it to the area of the genitals.

If ejaculation feels near, you can also place sword fingers (two fingers together) on the Hui(wei) yin point near the anus, not pressing down too hard and continuing with the intention of circulating the energy. This practice will retain & build up jing in the body.

So if you take a look at western science, it has come accross the idea of kegels (flexing and releasing of the pc muscle) which is only focussed on one of the many points which the taoists use to circulate the energy.

So there it is in the most basic terms I can present it in. I'll scan a few papers that detail lesser heavenly circle meditation and post links in the next few days.

- Nexus
    Last edited by Nexus; 03-16-2002 at 11:37 AM.

As an additional resource, I wanted to recommend reading the following:

Taoist Secrets of Love: Cultivating Male Sexual Energy
    Mantak Chia & Michael Winn

The book will give a fairly accurate foundation for the practice and details involved as well as answering many of the commonly asked questions regarding such.

Take care,

- Nexus

thank you for the tips, nexus. i have been wondering about sword fingers, xiao zhou tian, and how everything relates together on the issue of sex. your posts clued me in to just about everything i ever wanted to know about it.

thank you again

Even better then sword fingers would be the three longest fingers on the hand, two for pressing and one for holding.

The downfall to this method of semen retention is the body still loses 40-60% of the male sexual energy although retains the semen. The best methods are those through actual energetic mental control of the sexual energy in the body through practice of microcosmic orbit meditation and Drawing the Nectar up to the Golden Flower. The foundation of these practices are drawing out the true love and sexual energy that we are all capable of expressing within ourselves or with a partner. A man can do these practices on his own using the yin and yang poles within his own body or can practice them with a partner after he has mastered(become comfortable) with them on his own due to the often overwhelming feeling that accompanies the presence and heat of a woman.

- Nexus

So does anyone know anything about Internal Alchemy? Converting the Jing to Chi? Is is really possible to sublimate your sperm? I've noticed increased Chi when going for long periods without ejac, but don't know the method for directly converting other than the natural process which does not require attention.

-FJ

As mentioned in the above post, Drawing the Nectar to the Golden flower is drawing the sexual (sperm) energy to the brain, converting the ching to chi. You should really take a look at the book I recommended by Mantak Chia, or some of his other works perhaps.

If you start doing microcosmic orbit meditation in conjunction with chi kung or t'ai chi cultivation of energy, it will make the male sexual cultivation practices much easier when you begin to do them.

As for the effects of increased energy when prolonged periods of non-ejaculation are experienced, that is exactly the case. These methods are used to distribute the orgasm throughout the entire body, removing the attachment to having the orgasm secluded only to the genetal area via semen ejaculation. Hence you are able to experience multiple and prolonged orgasms and even self-induced orgasm without the use of a partner. This occurs through the subtle energies of the yin and yang poles both existing within the body.

One thing though that I haven't mentioned is that one can release the attachment to semen ejaculation, just to re-attach oneself with this newfound orgasmic experience. By doing so they will also limit their growth as even these more advanced taoist techniques are limitless in their potential.

From the yin and yang poles in the body, to the experience of the subtle yin energies of a woman in perfect harmony with the yang energies of a man, to the experience of the subtle energies of heaven and earth, and at the height of all experience the nothingness of the Tao, or as the Ancient Taoists called it 'Immortality.'

By broadening your awareness on these matters you open new doors to self-cultivation and soon find that what once seemed impossible, becoming practical and possible.

- Nexus
    Last edited by Nexus; 03-18-2002 at 08:17 PM.

Hi Sugaref,
    I was taught that you should not have sex for 12 hrs. before or after meditation or qigong.
    As far as restoring sexual energy modern medicine has come up with some aids! Some may consider this cheating but try Dr. Golinsky's andro-edge,found in health food stores, it increases testosterone levels (legally) and can help restore sexual energy,
    which can then be coverted to chi through the practices already spoken of in this thread.
    tomcat

Internal Alchemy

Actually, I have read some books, I'm wondering about what Chia describes as "Internal Alchemy", sounds like maybe you create enough heat in your lower dan tien to sublimate the sperm and convert it to Chi, it didn't occur in the head area but more in the abdomen area. Anyone know about this?

-FJ

Internal alchemy is a name for the process. It's foundation is cultivation and reverse breathing. The idea of having the reverse breathing and contractions of the anus/perenium is that when you inhale the chi clings to the spine. These processes are quite physical and are obvious, whereas many processes of these types are simply mind games where you trick yourself into thinking you are actually doing something with the use of visualization and so on so forth. So the development is cultivating the chi, "Hung Ha" breathing (a type of reverse breathing meditation), microcosmic orbit circulation (circulation of chi), and drawing the nectar to the golden flower (The big draw - Drawing the jing to the brain, converting it to higher levels of refined energy ie. chi).

Everyone of these practices requires a teacher unless the student is incredibly adept and even then it would be advised to still use a teacher for reference. This is due to the fact that they have gone through the process and can save you the trouble of making common errors or simply wasting time in unnecessary practices that yield little or no obvious benefits.

At the spring festival here in Alaska this year there will be a Seminar on Hung Ha Qi Gong, Taught by Micheal Demonlina. If you are in the area, stop on by.

- Nexus

Not in the area, but since you live in Alaska, do you mind telling me if your Chi-gong practice has improved your resistance to the cold? 'Cause I found that when I was "retaining," it seemed to have that effect in me, among other effects. Also one hears many stories of Chi-Gong masters who walk about in Northern China or in the mountains with nothing more than a robe, sometimes travelling in bare feet.
    Just curious.
    -FJ

Well.. my resistance to the cold has always been pretty high considering I grew up. Since I began my chi gong though and retaining I definetely noticed a difference in the way the cold feels though.

I used to feel the cold inside my body, like it was inside of my bones, but now I just feel the cold on the surface of my skin. I would say that is the most noticable difference, I can walk outside in the cold without that bitter cold inside of my body which makes you jitter your teeth and shake.

The chi kung has also helped with being able to warm the body up with the intention of the mind, stirring up that energy and providing some additional heat on those colder days.

- Nexus

Cool Sex and Chi (still)

For what it's worth - Let's take a common sense approach to this question and leave the Taoists/training methods alone for one minute. Now ask yourself(selves) this question, "Do I want to be the best Martial Artist I can be or worry about sex"? Understand that we are human and have the urge but if you/we want to be good martial artists why not have sex in moderation? What is wrong with that concept? Tell your wife/girlfriend what you want to achieve in the martial arts and that you can't ejaculate all the time because your training is important to you. It's your life's work - it's religious to you. Same thing with drugs and alcohol. Do you want to be caught in an alley late at nite with a buzz from drugs/booze and have to defend yourself?? There is nothing wrong with moderation. Look at some of the past threads and you will find a formula to help you with your moderation. But the decision is up to you and what you want to become. Nexus, TaiChiBob and others can explain every training method in the world but it is up to you. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Damian

To all those quoting books and authors, my thought is this:

The people who want everyone to think they are knowledgable, write books. Those that are knowledgable are silent.

If you have truly gained knowledge, why would you publish it so that people who have not gone through the trials and tribulations can have the same knowledge you have. You have to work for knowledge. You may think that reading a book is a trial, try finding a true authority on a subject and see how willing they are to freely share their knowledge.
    Got Lineage?

Great point BSH!

As I have said before, these practices if one is serious about learning them are financially, emotionally and physically very difficult.

So true. I have found that sacrifice is necessary in Kung Fu and for each person the sacrifice is different. Maybe it is just my spiritual side speaking but I have found that the more I give up, the more I gain.

What would happen if I gave up sex? Quite a sacrifice. Well, I would probably lose my wife and my child would go with her. I would have less money and therefore less time because my time would be spent making money for child support and alimony. Plus I'd be celibate. That just sucks. My sacrifice would do nothing positive.

I think I will continue to sacrifice time and money to gain more knowledge. I will do what I can to keep my wife happy (yes, through sex) and will meditate more and more and have faith that my Ch'i and Ging will remain strong.

It is called faith. If you think you will lose Chi through sex, go get some. If you don't have any, go ahead and quote some author who published his OPINION about the negative affect of sex on ch'i.
    Got Lineage?