Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex and Chi (again)

Sex and Chi (again)

I know this sort of topic keeps coming up again and again - please do forgive me - so I shall keep it as concise as possible:

Does a lot of sex deplete levels of your body's energy, or chi?

If so, what can be done to remedy it? More exercise, chi gong, altered diet?

Anybody?
    'He who says nothing, consents' JP Sartre

You can have as much sex as you'd like, it's the ejaculation that causes you to lose jing/chi/energy etc. That is the purpose of the Taoist sex practices, as well as just having control over the urge/need to ejaculate during sex.

But, for women orgasms are not a bad thing for energy, and in fact can enhance the jing in the body.

- Nexus

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Besides the orgasmic occurance being a drain on several systems of the body, some use the male's sperm to con vert to Ch'i. Any loss of sperm could set back a trainee's practice back by one hundred days.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

sex an Qi

doing my research on Qi, I have come across some numbers that may be of interest to you No_know... First of all, to not have sex is optimal for Qi building as semen is considered to be original Qi, of which you only get so much and each time you loose it you canot gain it back. Sex also drains Qi from you that you have built up, more specifically in the legs.
    Now, what I have seen has been pretty consistant, they say if you must partake of sex, then you are supposed to wait roughly 3 days after your Qi excescises before having sex, and also, do not have sex three days before.
    My wife would kill me if I tried this!

The concept of conserving chi makes good sense for the short term, such as prepping for a fight, but in reality I don't think sex drains chi or jing or whatever you want to call it on a permanent basis. It's rejuvinating properties can often restore a healthy chemical balance, increase confidence, relax the mind, and uplift the spirit.

How does that deplete you of chi?

Id really like to know if theres a way to regain chi afterwards
    that would be really helpful... by the way it sucks that jing can increase but chi goes away by this, that is just WRONG OK
    as men, we need to find ways of getting back our beloved chi , whilst we partake in the horizontal dance. Besides the Taoist way,
    cause not to be lude but ejaculation feels good. If there is any way to regain it, and ive been asking this for years now , and nobody seems to know, I and men all over the World would be eternally grateful. Sometime ago I was referred to this book called the multi orgasmic man by mantak chia i think , a dude named sloper(who used to post here) said i should check it out, but i havent seen it , and Im also guessing this has to do with either the taoist or the tantric way of internal orgasm or sustaining , and i dunno if thats what i need, Id like to know if there is a specific way for the body to produce more sperm to replace whats been depleted through sex?
    sort of like having your cake and eating it too.
    Last edited by Starchaser107; 12-13-2001 at 02:53 PM.

Westerners view an enhanced sex life as meaning more intense ejaculationary orgasms. The Taoists believed a better sex life involved causing the orgasm to instead course through the entire body, so rather then ejaculating, the entire body experiences the orgasm as energy courses through it. That is why they are coined the terms 'The Taoist Sex Practices' and not the 'Not Having Orgasm Practices'. Ejaculation may feel good, but there are better feelings, and ones that last much longer then 5-10 seconds. Beyond that, the full body orgasms can be achieved multiple times during intercourse, not to say that you are unable to ejaculate multiple times, many men are.

As I have mentioned in another thread and will not go into detail here, you can also learn to strengthen your prostate muscle through certain variations of exercises which will allow you to tighten it on the point of orgasm. Sometimes tightening this muscle while breathing to the dantien can generate a very good feeling all throughout the body without causing ejaculation.

Basically if you are serious about your kungfu practices and about your sex life then you need to invest some serious time&energy&commitment into finding something that works for you and your partner. Mind you, none of this can be done easily solo, besides the prostate exercises.

Good Luck..

- Nexus

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Men don't know about Ch'i. At least some Taoists, at least some Kung-Fu practitioners and at least some of the Chinese know about Ch'i.~ Sperm is NOT Ch'i and don't try to interchange them again, please. Sperm Can Be Converted to Ch'i. Having sperm in the testicle(s) does not give you Ch'i.~

Ejaculation does not mean orgasm is limited to that area. Orgasms are in varying degrees and even different locations. These usually only occure during ejaculation for males. So, Taoists (practicing to gain energ(ies)y from sexual practice, theoretically, convert orgasmic energies to Ch'i which would indicate that they don't actually have orgasms during those encounters.

O.K. let's try to get it straight this time: Ch'i is not sperm. Ejaculation is not orgasm.

Thank you...some such...
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Talking

no interesting contribution from me, just becareful, that is all.
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

In my experience, the part of ejaculation that is pleasurable is independent of the act of ejaculation, its just that most men experience it only when ejaculating. If one trains to make the two independent, then one can repeatedly get all the pleasure, but without the physical sense of loss that is the other half of ejaculation. So I agree, orgasm and ejaculation are two entirely different things, its just that few experience them separately.

Hhmmm

From a Chinese Medicine point of view Males lose Jing every single time they lose Sperm due to depleting Jing from their Kidneys. And just to correct you Shaolin Boxer, Men and Women certainly do have a finite amount of Jing in their bodies so by losing it one does manage to make more thus Jing depletion on a grand scale thorugh having sex will definitely weaken the body. FACT!!. This is the basic idea from Chinese Medicine. Taoist practices are mainly based on sperm retention, as when it is lost through ejaculation one depletes massive amounts of Jing. Taoist practices furhter this by re-diverting the Ejaculatory energy up to their heads to nourish the brain.

Jing and Qi are not the same thing.
    Men lose Jing (essence) when ejaculating.
    Women do not lose Jing during sex.
    Actually women can benefit from the male Jing (if they know how).
    It not all good news for the girls though as Jing is lost via menstruation.

Excessive ejaculation is bad news - not necessarily excessive sex. Although, you know what they say about too much of a good thing.

Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

As a followup and promised words, as this has been brought back from the grave I will mention circulation as being the foundation of ones sexual meditation practices.

The lower heavenly circle meditation can be applied during sex, redirecting energy from the up the spine and down the front of the body. Also the point below the nose can be pressed to reduce the urge to ejaculate. A book giving fair descriptions of heavenly circle meditation is Master Jou Tsung-Hwa book "The Dao of Meditation".

As for those interested in male cultivation, more to follow this post as I sift through appropriate texts. Take care and enjoy life everyone!

- Nexus
    Last edited by Nexus; 03-13-2002 at 11:10 AM.

Just quickly...

Mantak Chia's books on this subject are pretty good:

- The multi-orgasmic man
    - Healing Love Through the tao
    - Taoist Secrets of Love

Visit Universal Tao.

But - as always - practice with care. Books are only references.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Red face

I'm not sure how to look the girl in the eye behind the desk in the bookshop and ask for a copy of The multi-orgasmic man

Having been celibate for a year so far, not sure that I need it now.

But then I guess it could be fun
    Last edited by harry_the_monk; 03-13-2002 at 01:43 AM.
    May all beings live in peace and harmony,
    May all beings live wisely,
    May all beings be enlightened.