Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex and Chi (again)

You can still have a great sex life and retain semen. You just need to find a proper teacher of sexual kung fu.

hahahahahhahahaa

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Many Respects,,The willow sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Tomcat

If you trully believe that using Dr Golinsky's medication you are re-storing your Jing then you are sadly mistaken. Jing is irreplaceable, it can only be refined. One can acquire post-Natal Qi but thats not Jing. Jing is finite, and is depleted everytime one releases semen, whether that be intentionally or not.

Question uhhh my thoughts on this subject

so when you are born you start out with 100% of your jing? and then when you start to jerk off or have sex you lose exactly WHAT %tage of JING do you lose? .8 percent 1%? .6745 %?

do you see where i am going with this? this is one of the subjects that i think that is less than perfectly thought out. i believe that your jing IS replenished when semen is replenished.
    most of us do NOT engage in any activity other than traditional, and some non traditional forms of, copulation AND the good ole 5 finger date. i have come across very little if none that actually DO the taoist sexual meditations and tantra, or at least in the proper manner. Dr Yang Jwing ming's book on the muscle tendon changing classics goes into some of the training. However i personally feel that tieing a weight to your testicles and swinging them back and forth is hardly good for anything other than desensitizing the pleasure of feeling the ole in and out. I do believe that a GOOD portion of CHI is given away when you reach orgasm and let it all go. there is a reason for that,,,procreation. the life essence,,,,but our bodies replace it within a few days. as far as JING being FINITE. NO i dont think so,,other wise I would have shrivieled up and turned to dust long ago with the masterbation sessions I HAVE HAD in my adolesence (HAHAHAHA)
    this is a MIND OVER MATTER thing when it comes to having sex and not coping out in 30 seconds or less,,(hee hee hee) the best way to retain essence and jing and not let it all spew forth? BREATH,,WILL POWER,,,,FOCUSING ON YOUR CENTER. no tieing weights to your NADS and certainly not pinching any thing off or going through useless and nothing more than unique masterbation techniques(ie:dr yangs' book on the subject).

Many Respects ,,The Willow Sword
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 04-11-2002 at 12:33 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

And it is quite obvious The Willow Sword that you have very little insight into the Taoist methods of cultivation and orientalal medicine on top of that. Another example of someone who bases all of his 'facts' on his personal opinions.

Wink uhh ACTUALLY Nexus

i have quite an extensive knowledge on the subject since i have engaged in the practices. who says that the chinese and the Taoist methods are perfect? you? do you really believe that Nexus? why come on here and insult and troll? personal opinion is based mostly on EXPERIENCE. As far as the oriental medicine is concerned,,i guess you are referring to formulas that help build semen or essence such as deer horn or some of the other weird items such as Ox tendon and seahorse and all that other unecessary stuff, given that there are some really good forumulas out there,,i have found that the best formula is what i had mentioned earlier,,,BREATH,,,focusing on the center,,,and if you are going to take something,,take ginseng,,red for the males and white for the females. soak it in rice liqour for as long as needed and take ounce shots of it everyonce and a while.
    Nexus i can tell from your earlier posts regarding my 5 animal frolics that you do not like me that much and thats okay,,but please be aware that trolling and insulting others WHICH I HAVE NOT to you is not becoming nor is it part of the initial discussion here. true i do not believe that certain taoists methods are worth anything, i also have a balance of the western concepts of the body and one of those concepts is that ANY self inflicting pain or mutilation to the body in order to control the functions of the body sexually or otherwise ONLY serves to DESENSITISE the minds' control over the body. NOW i will state again that tieing up your nads and dangling weights on them and some of the other methods are no more that that of self inflicted TORTURE a taoist Pennance if you will,,to control the urge to expell semen.
    and i still believe that JING is easily rejuvenated and essence is easily retained. doeasnt matter if you think that i am wrong on this one. id be happy to chat with you in the forum chats on the subject and discuss our ideas and see what is plausable. maybe we BOTH will learn something from it. name a time and date and i will be on the chat forum.
    Many respects,,,,,The Willow Sword

are they teaching chi-kung/meditation in shaolin-do now too?

peace
    travis
    Travis

structure in motion

Exclamation TjD

i guess that you have not been up to par in my recent life changes and path altering. as far your ticking time bomb question as to what SD teaches in regards to chi-kung and meditation. there are some things that are taught that i feel are very valuable and solid,,,however a good deal of my qigong and meditation training i aqquired outside of the SD relm,,,,in fact the things that i learned at sd internally i think are better than the regular curriculum,,,they just refined and enhanced a bit on what i already had,,,if you must know who my former teacher was in the qigong and meditation stuff and my previous gungfu instruction, his name was Eric Nessen and HE was a disciple of DR. John Ng. who taught in Kentucky where i am originally from. i never got to meet doc Ng. but i was told many stories and training was passed onto me by Master Eric who is a friend and brother and i miss him terribly,,he is in tennessee now i think.
    also SD is originated in KY so there you have the connection and the crossover that i made at the time(i will not go into it). i learned Tang lang bung bo chuan form eric as well as aspects of hsingi pakua and chan ssu chin,,that is all you need to know.
    hope this answers your questions.
    Many Respects,,The willow sword

actually i apologize for my last message

it was out of line... just seemed ****ed funny at the time

i should have restrained myself

peace
    travis
    Travis

structure in motion

Jing thing

Willow I'm sure you are reading enough TCM literature. The fact is , is that Jing is most definitely finite. It doesn't get replenished thats why we have the concepts of pre and post natal Qi. These common truths are the foundation of many other topics in TCM. Yes we are all born with 100% Jing but the qualiy of it will determine the quality of our life long constitutional health, thats a basic fact of TCM. And yes each time you expell semen you have permanently depleted some Jing.

Lightbulb something to consider

the taoist ways are not the only ways out there. and i would be hesitant to really truely believe that the taoist ways are correct above all others. think of it this way: You are born with a spirit.
    a spirit which is locked in a physical body for,in these days and times, roughly 80 years or less. in most spiritual doctrines the spirit remains ever present and strong througout the physical existence. when the spirit is connected to the body it governs only a portion of the physical. the rest is mind. the mind being the ruler of the physical and the spirit being the ruler of the life essence,,but essence can be replenished by outside environmental things such as food air water,,etc. thus the life creating portion of the body generates the stuff through which life is partly created. when expelled it replenishes itself. the lack thereof as the body ages is due to the natural deterioration of the body. however through certain methods created by the taoist mindset the buddhist mindset the hindi mindset the native american mindset etc. have facilitated the way for the aging process to slow itself thereby extending the life of the body,,,,and this is achieved by what? by breathing ,meditation, proper diet and proper spiritual mindset(whatever that may be) alot has to do with environment,,universe,,,etc. but as for the life essence of your body being irreplaceable when you expell semen,?,,,,it is just not possible in my humble opinion, i think that the chinese taoist ways on this subject are incorrect. true that one is weakened when one expells semen and needs time to replenish it and that time is a vunerable one,,,,after a short period the body goes back to whatever is "normal" for that particular body.
    if it was true that our "original chi" was depleted every time we expelled semen and that we lost a portion of it and could not replace it,then we would die in a manner of days and this would be apparent in our beginnings of puberty when us guys cant get enough of masturbating or having sex with every skirt that walks by. just another old chinese rendition of an even older wives tale that You will go BLIND if you continue to do that" hahahaha

Many Respects,,The Willow Sword

TWD

You present a good argument (western scientifically). I purposely stayed out of this thread so far because I do not practise retention.

Anyway, a lay person does not have to "retain" Jing as such, but does have to abide to certain precepts, its true meaning traverses from simply those who adhere to the 5 precepts to those who practise the highest doctrines. But the highest doctrines (those who practise highest doctrines) do have to vow against any emmissions.

As far retaining is concern, abundance is a good thing, above certain levels of the doctrine. As this abundance, overly filled bottle if you like has a very long and pinched neck, is what brings bliss (horse) and (wind) moved about the bottle neck.

It is different in Tao, you are able to talk freely and openly about these things. It is not so simple for me.

OK I should just stay out of this discussion...
    Last edited by prana; 04-14-2002 at 03:04 PM.

Willow, we are talking mostly in regards to experience now and not about intellectual debate regarding semen retention. If you were to be doing the internal martial arts such as t'ai chi as your primary martial art, you would most definetely feel a significant increase in the ability to conduct energy and generate power in the body if you were retaining your semen over long periods of time. Nobody is saying that someone who retains semen is better then someone who doesn't, it simply a matter of what one individual wants from the practice they are working on. Are you willing to make that sacrifice to reach a higher plateau and so on. If these concepts are difficult for you to believe or understand, it is simply because you have not been exposed to them properly in an environment conducive to their qualities. Were you to spend time with t'ai chi masters who did practice semen retention and could justify it through their ability to show you the effects and such of doing so, you would likely see a differerent perspective.

Regardless of any of that though, as I just said, it is only a matter of perspective, and is a little detail in the big picture of what we are working on cultivating. However, with that said, it is still a piece of the puzzle in which the puzzle cannot be completed otherwise or rather built upon until it's necessary foundation is in place (regarding the internal martial arts).

Beyond this sort of explanation, you would need first hand experience to understand these concepts.

- Nexus

Replenish!

Willow you have failed to pick up on a vital bit of information either because you haven't come across it before and don't comprehend it, or because you missed it by accident. That vital bit of information answered your question, but by ignoring it/misunderstanding it you have fallen down again. Post and Pre natal Qi is the key to answering your question. Jing IS FINITE, it DOES NOT get replenished.....FACT!! What does get replenished is Post natal Qi. This is why someone born with poor Jing and who in their earlier life were a sickly child, can do breathing excercises, eat a Chang Ming diet and do Dao Yin/Taiji/Qi Gong to build themsleves up and last longer than their Jing would of initially allowed them too. You almost got it right but the Jing DOES NOT EVER GET REPLENISHED. If it did then everyone would be physically immortal and they would never physically die ( theoretically). Jing is like unrefined oil and is the raw material that when processed, gets turned into Qi, thus when it runs out ones reserves are depleted therefore one has to either be careful with ones treatment of Jing or build up on Post Natal Qi. This is the basis of not just Taoist thought, but many other traditional cultures (with a little changing of terminology here and there!).
    Last edited by Repulsive Monkey; 04-16-2002 at 06:02 AM.

Post lets look at the past(ancient)

there were times recorded in the bible and in chinese texts of people living to be 300 yrs or more. if this be a possible thing then what was it that they had then that we do not now? it would seem that over a period of evolution that we would be living even longer years. this is not the case however. some would have us believe that it has to do with the solar system and our connection as organic beings to it,,,also the concept of time that einstein so eloquently has talked about in his lifetime.
    the belief is in some circles that our solar system was further apart back in those ancient times and things ran slower,,and so did we. but now the solar system is closer together and moving faster,,,and so are we. the egyptians and even the Anasazi indians as well as the Maya recorded these celestial movements. they believed that the spirit was unending and never was weakened even due to physical or celestial stresses.
    the ageing process is sped up not by the depletion of our "essence or spirit" it is depleted by the connections we have to the environment around us and the solar system itself. i know this seems like a "New Age" train of thought,,but this is actually far older than what most new agers are adopting as thier own views. now when you consider the bodies' ability to heal itself and regenerate are we talking about empowered spirit or yi(mind)? given that the body,human body can only regenerate so much of itself. liver is the only organ aside from the skin that can regenerate. i do believe that the yellow nation has made a very prevalent contribution to humanity in that they have the keys to harmonizing mind with spirit. however i still feel as though they have the "Finite Chi" concept incorrect. original chi or spirit is NEVER weakened,,only the body is weakened. chi is eternal,,and chi ,,to me, is just another word describing spirit or energy of spirit. it is that mystery that keeps us alive.
    i dont think that i am totally right on this subject as im sure(haha) some of you really feel that i am not totally right on this subject. but based on what i DO know and have experienced. i feel pretty confident in stateing that original chi or life essence is infinite as in einsteins thoery of relativity that states that nothing can be destroyed,,it is only changed into something else.

Many Respects,,The Willow Sword
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 04-15-2002 at 10:08 AM.