Thread: Can Trad. Shaolin and Mod. Wushu Exist Together

Thumbs up Can Trad. Shaolin and Mod. Wushu Exist Together

This is One of the BEST articles I have seen in some time! I hope to see a Part II on this. Personally, I would like to know more about the differences between Contemporary and Traditional in the aspects of the breathing and internal. It starts to say, but doesn't really go into great detail! I am wondering if there is going to be a more indepth interview on this later?

I find this current article very informative on the EXTERNAL differences, but would really like to see more about this!! Again, props to this issue!!

Gene, I liked the shaved head more, and no, I REALLY don't want to see you in a miniskirt....... Tiedye may be you, but, the skirt...I'll pass!! LOL!!!
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

I'm hoping there will be more

I agree that was a strong piece. The authors have promised us more, and I htink I can hold them to it since Dieter is my *little* disciple brother. He's on this forum, maybe I can coax a post out of him here....
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

thanks tao

tao,
    wow, i'm you enjoyed the article. we have plans of writing more.....well we are definitley going to write more. As of now, things have been very busy at our school and there hasn't been much time for discussing what out next article agenda will be....and now i am heading home for the holidays, so we should be developing something soon after xmas and newyears. thanks again for your comments, this was my first article and i was a bit nervous about peoples responses.....but hey so far it is 1 posotive and 0 negatives.....i think that is a good start. if you have any questions feel free to ask, and if you have some ideas on what information you would like to see next let me know.

thanks,
    dieter

hey gene, i hope you are doing well bro!

Thank You Both....

I just wanted to say thank you both for your replies. Someday, I hope that I am able to study with a Shaolin Monk. I look forward to reading your future articles, and am really interested in all the information that you have to offer. Feel free to e-mail me at any time.
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com