Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MA training with pets?

Talking MA training with pets?

Before he died I used to use my snake fist on my cat Ty (the american guy) who responded with tiger claw. he had great "explosive power" a la Shaolin. My new feline, Styles, is more into the groundfighting thing. He has these huge paws that he uses to bat and step on things.

Smile Pets

I wrestle with my dog, he's getting to be pretty good. I practice push hands with him, too, he's pretty good for a dog.
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

Talking Another dog pic

This was a boxer that belonged to an ex-girlfriend, this pic was taken right as he punched me in the jaw, haha.
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

Boxers are awsome dogs...

Paul,looks like he had the advantage there...
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

Neighbours dog used to play soccer with us pretty well, but never in my life have i ever considered m.a. with any pets , you guys are something else.

Have you ever seen the mokey doing tkd clip?
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

I have a pet Rhinocerous named 'Nosy' I do weapon sparring with.

Okay, that's an outrageous lie. He's really a unicorn named 'Shish Kebab.'
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Boxers are less tame than wolves and have no place in society. When I was 6, there was this dog across the street that was as good as lassy, all the neighborhood kids came to play with this dog every day. One day while I was playing with it, the neighbor's boxer came charging out of the backyard and ripped right into this dog, almost killing it. If the victim dog was smaller or it's owner didn't run in and kick the other dog in the face (he was a karate instructor) that dog would have died, or if the boxer came after me, I would have died. There are countless other reports of spontaneously violent behavior from boxers, it's only a matter of time before they're banned.

KFG -

This doesn't jibe with the three loving, gentle boxers I've personally known and owned. They are a breed that is very protective of their homes and family, but Buck (my first boxer, and the one that took on a Moose for fun in a story I've related in another thread) was easily trained to drop to the ground whenever he met another person or dog while we were on our walks. He never started a fight with a person or animal, except for that moose and the mailman.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

When I workout on my heavy bag in my home Dojo my do goes nuts and attacks the bag untill he can no longer contain himself. He then begins to attack me untill I kick him out.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts, ...

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

Animals

Joe, if there are any clips of animals doing funny stuff on the web, I have it. I've never known a mean boxer either, CSN. That one in the pic^ was the sweetest dog in the world. He helped raise two kittens, he was their big brother. He was also my dog's best buddy for a while. If you notice in the pic, he got a good face shot in, but I had my hand on his throat, ready to go, hehe. I don't really believe the whole breed thing. Sure, some dogs are going to be "more likely" to be mean, but if you raise them to be gentle loving dogs, they won't be. My dog(the one in the cowboy hat and sweater, haha) is Chow, Pitt Bull, and a little lab. As soon as I tell people what breed mix he is, they assume he's mean, but he's not, because I raised him not to be violent.

Yes, if you raise a dog well it will turn out great, even a boxer. However, if an owner doesn't discipline a dog well at a young age (which is the case with many owners), the dog will turn out to be mischevious, and in some cases (mainly the boxer's case), violent. Also, if a stranger looks at some of the larger breeds straight in the eye, even if the person is petting the dog, the dog will see this as a challenge and attack. The dog most famous for this is the boxer.
    I've worked at an animal hospital for the past two and a half years, I've seen how mean these things can get, and although they can be great dogs if the owner trained it well, they should still be banned. Wolves can be great pets too, right?
    Last edited by KungFuGuy!; 12-18-2001 at 05:37 AM.

I wrestle my dog, and cats... They actually lose
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I tired grappling with one of my cats and she clinched on to my hand, it was an unusual lock that I've never seen before, although it was quite effective and I eventually had to tap out. My other cat is lazy and submits from the start.

Hehehe, cats are the real proof that open hand is better than fist...plus they got that taiji thing to their strikes
    Anyway, I have to say that Boxers rule...when I was little my bodyguard was a boxer named Shiva...she was so gentle, yet no one could approach me without her permission...
    I'm sure she's in dogs' heaven now *sniff*