Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trick stylists?

Trick stylists?

Hi,

Does anyone besides of practising kung fu or other MA, practise all sorts of tricks? You know, back flips, wheel kicks, butterfly twists, 540 kick (landed my first today )?

It's a great hobby to have, when you want to impress someone, add more physical skill/fitness, or just want some challenges!
    I'm new to this hobby. There are a couple of good sites with tricks, like www.bilang.com or www.swisstricks.com
    check them out.
    "Kicking someone to the head is like punching someone to the leg" -Bruce Lee.... Well I look down at people, so I'll kick you in the head

One of my top students showed up for class one day and demonstrated how he could run up a wall, around a corner and finish with an aerial kick.

Nobody told him MOST people do that with wires.

Later in another class he used to attend, he demonstrated his trick - a goof in the class tried to show off that he could do it and ran right into the wall.

Ach, if only I was so talented...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

I don't understand the claims about "540 kicks" or "720 kicks" .

If you do a 720 twist, you are off off the ground for the full 720. But the kick in a 720 kick travels less than one complete revolution, leaving the rest of the "720" done twisting on the ground with foot work.

If you're gonna call a kick a 720, lets see two full revloutions with an outstreched kicking leg and the body off of the ground.

I can pat my head and rub my tummy...

Thumbs down sssh iat

i can **** placing one palm in the other armpit and do slight muscle contracting-jerking/jing-motions
    run up a wall turn the corner pishhh

f*** ***t *ar*
    the master!!???

why does it censor f a r t

???

gotta agree with shaolin...

Its a jump inside with an extra rotation (or half rotation) at the end, not a 540 inside...

just keepin' it real!

there are some good "tricks" in the new beijingwushuteam.com videos too (see the thread about that)

Hey diego,
    I don't teach tricks, but if one of my students is talented enough to pull them off and it gets him girls, why discourage him?

Your just jealous. You poor guy.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

I can do "show off kicks" like landing a tornado kick with one leg, or a lotus kick, but don't work with them too much. my first style was korean, so spinning kicks/kicking high, etc. is fairly natural to me. I can't pull of a butterfly kick for some reason though.

Anyway, back on topic, I know of a few sifus that teach their kids wushu kicks in order to build explosiveness for the "real" kicks.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Some of our students can pull them off......and they are pretty good....comes in handy for our creatives!!!!!!!!!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

i used to do a lot of flashy kicks when i was younger , but now doing Southern Kungfu (and being an old bast@rd!) i don't.
    kinda miss them though.

actually i didn't do TOO many aerial kicks, just high fast kicks and spinning kicks etc....although i did go through a "run up the wall and jump onto the garage roof" phase when i'd seen too many Jackie Chan movies years ago...
    __________________________________________________ __________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

Cool

A friend introduced me to capoiera earlier this year, and I learnt the macauca(sp) which I eventually used to help me learn how to back handspring without going to the side. hopefully this will evolve into a backflip. Also learnt a cool headstand with interesting leg movements I use as exercize but I guess highly skilled capoieraists use this to throw people , (it's possible, but I'd have to see somebody other than eddy gordo pull that one off for it to fully register that this is a workable drill), for now its just great exercize.
    As for those aerials , sometimes I fool around with that stuff, but I believe in keeping it "real" in sparring and fighting... If I ever get competent enough with that flair then maybe Ill try to pull it off if I see an opening , Id say it would have to be pretty fast though or else get shot down. So for now ..keep it real.

Question Hey sevenstar is there a trick

to tornadoe and land with the leg you kicked with,i dont practise those as much as i should,therefore at those i suck.
    just practise and you will get it or do you focus after the kick to recoil and plant??.

yah im semi-impressed thier sifu,i got slight JERK jing motions how could bieng able to run up a wall help you possibly when your cornered to a wall,ha wtf???

Check out
    http://www.bilang.com

Also
    http://www.breakdance.com/moves
    I know, it's not MA, but theyve got some cool moves anyway.. 8)

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

a speak on the 720 concept

A spinning back kick would be a 180 kick.

Ice skaters and balletrinas move slower with their leg out. As they pull the leg closer to the center of the spin the faster they spin.

An eighteen wheeler going around a sharp curve more than the recommended speed limit has a better chance of not turning over at all~ the closer to the center of the turn it is.

Keeping the leg in while spinning for the 720 helps that quarter rotation that the leg is out for what you'd consider the kick more forceful and faster than having the leg out for more of the 720.

This is sling shot. A shot slung from hanging down to slung straight ahead is less powerful/fast/forcefilled than a sling whirled several times before release.

Note that the same force that pushes water in an upside-down container with an open top (top now bottom, as it is upside-down), is the same foce that makes a kick stronger, the faster it spins before going-out (shooting-out). ~Some-such, perhaps, some might say.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com