Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trick stylists?

I am happy with my butterfly kick. Not bad for a guy my size (5'8" 190). I think the "tricks" help with balance, coordination, and just basic body mechanics. Plus the whole explosion factor. If you can jump, do two full rotations and kick at a target, it should make a simple 180 kick simple and somewhat accurate. I don't think anyone should look to try to do a 720 kick in combat. I don't know about actually spinning too much after the kick makes contact with something, but lining up to do a 720 (rather than a 180, 360, 540, etc.) could create some devastating speed in the kick, which is one of the reasons some of these things came about. Think of some of your forms where the form goes past the application (ie a punch, thinking about, trying to puch through, not punch at). I don't know, thats just my interpretation on tricks. I do think they are cool, I am going to start learning arials soon (just got to knock off another 10-12 lbs). OH, and happy holidays everybody.

I think it's mainly just torque, bro. you really have to focus on the twisting of the waist. I'm getting ready to take my lunch break and go workout. While I'm there I'll do the kick a few times and see if I can think of any pointers.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

alright, make sure that your jump is explosive also. between the jump and the torque, you should be able to bring yourself around. you also have to do some mental control with it. human nature (common sense?) tells you to put the other foot down first, so have to concentrate on doing just the opposite. Can you do a backflip? your body naturally wants to jump backwards (at least mine did) and flip, when really you should jump straight in the air, and flip on an invisible axis. it takes concentration to stop jumping backwards. same thing with landing on one leg.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Thumbs up yah i was shown from mirror image like 5years ago

explain to me like im a beginner,your in a r backtwist stance "wieght on right leg"ready to twist and jump counterclockwise.
    When you step down and punch the force transfers from foot to knee upto shoulder thru forearm into punch.Can you explain that process from a twist stance,from the point of twisting thru the jump to kicking your palm.
    thanks.

In my style we also use a slashing tornadoe kick to the knees with the outside bottom of your shoes;can't remember if we aplply it high like that,but i think i was told my moms boyfriends teacher liked to,do you use the slash kick??.

Cool hm that might confuse you

not the mental process of making your kick leg land,unless you can word that visual,but the dynamics behind the twist and the path force is released,maybe with pointers from extra training to add to ones tornado.

DUDE IRON FLAG ISZ BANGING!!!!!.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE VERSION THAT DOESNT SAY MADE IN NEW YORK ON THE BACK,the hidden track13 THEW is only on the import.