Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Rings

Stacey Guest

Thumbs up Lord of the Rings

Western MA in "Lord of the Rings"

Of course, were all gonna see it anyway, but I saw some cool stuff on an MTV look at the making of the film. Very cool. reminds me of old manuscripts, seemed to have a little kali/arnis influence, but could just be a parallel.

I am surprised that in middle earth they have this western arts

my entire class is going to see it she-man.
    where's my beer?

Hobbit-Fu is deadly. Elf-Fu is more like dancing and therefor not practical when you have to fight Orcs in Mordor. Dwarf-Fu has its good points, but it's too easy to have your beard pulled by Cave Trolls.

Our gaming group is also going to see this movie next weekend as a group activity. Should be fun.
    K. Mark Hoover

My Morian Balrog fist will crush your Dwarf Fu!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Everyone knows Balrog Fist has questionable lineage. I'd rather do Treant Tae Bo than Balrog Fist anyday.
    K. Mark Hoover

"Everyone knows Balrog Fist has questionable lineage. "

Don't you talk that way about my Momma! I mean, don't you talk that way about my sister! I mean, my aunt!

Wait...

She's...

Don't you talk that way about my Momma, Sister, and Aunt! Just 'cause she's only one person make our lineage stronger, not questionable!

(tooth falls out)
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Stacey?

Hey stacey who is the girl in the pic in your signature? Dood she is fiiiINE! Is she a hot wushu babe? ;P

Smile Holy Hobbit...

She aint no Hobbit, Troll, Dwarf, Orc or Elf!

Godzilla

Our gaming group is also going to see this movie next weekend as a group activity. Should be fun
    "gaming group" as in MERP gaming group?
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

Dungeons&Dragons. We've gotten started on the 3rd Edition about two months ago and can't seem to stop.

By the way, who around here is brave enough to admit they practice Tom Bombadil-Fu while wearing a pink leotard and an orchid in their hair...?
    Last edited by Budokan; 12-12-2001 at 12:58 PM.
    K. Mark Hoover

C'mon Budokan... Bombadil style is useless when being assaulted by multiple willow trees!!!

And Hobbit Fu is well known for it's strong hairy foot techniques, but it's range is too short. (LOL... Short!!! I'm cracking myself up here!!!)

All will fall before my Lonely Mountain Palm. I am a closed door disciple and track my lineage directly back to Thorin (son of Thrain, son of Thror, who was chief dwarven blacksmith at the Shaolin Temple.)
    "All that just to save a baby with a really funky tupee. I'm pretty sure that Val Kilmer was actually drunk during that movie, and who could blame him with that weird baby and the naked old lady turning into a marmet? "
    -----KC Elbows

wtf! elf-fu kicks ass, ever hear of blade song, or drizzt.

their best at long range if you know what i mean.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Elves are best drizzled in olive oil, dill, stuffed with garlic and slow roasted.

Their skin makes excellent boots, too.
    Crippled Avenger

Re: Stacey?

Originally posted by Kune
    Hey stacey who is the girl in the pic in your signature? Dood she is fiiiINE! Is she a hot wushu babe? ;P
    Have you seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?? If so...look really hard and YOU tell US who it is!!
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!