Thread: "The Accidental Spy"

"The Accidental Spy"

You know this Jackie Chan movie, which was filmed for -- and out in the Asian market, is actually coming to theatres in the US?
    It is about Chan's character being a store clerk ( ? ) and actually becoming quite a good spy for some Intel agency. It hits US theatres around January 11 or 12 of 2002.
    Fear..............Fear attracts the fearful............The strong............the weak..........the innocent.........
    Fear is my ally.....................

Spy to US?

I made a post about wanting to see this on a earlier thread. It was strange how it had been released in HK, but no one really took notice of it here, and just focused on Rush Hour & Shanghai Noon. If you want to get it on DVD now (and help support our forum) go to:
    http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...jacchanac.html
    This way you can spoil if for every one in the theaters.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yeah

Especially in the end... when they discover TH.. . . .

i got the accidental spy on VCD in china, but it didn't have any subtitles. that means that, like in swordsman II and a couple other jet li movies i got, i have almost zero clue whats going on. can someone give a basic rundown on the story? also the story to swordsman II would be appreciated.

Accidental Spy... in short.

Jackie plays a Clerk at a sort of fitness store who's been an orphan his whole life... All of a sudden he recieves word that his "father" has been looking for him and is on his death-bed somewhere in Korea.

On his way to this fateful reunion, Jackie finds out that his "father" is not well liked by various "intelligence" organisations and his attempts to contact his "son" result in various boogie-men crawling out of the woodwork.

Each want a bit of revenge or a piece of the enheritance promised to Jackie... if he'll only run a few errands for his ailing father... His desire for a father as well as his determination to figure out what's Really going on, bring Jackie around the world and deeper into a web of intrigue...

Sounds like a typical Jackie Chan movie

At least I hope so!
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by wangsizhong
    also the story to swordsman II would be appreciated.
    Have you seen Swordsman I?
    No?
    Good. You didn't miss a thing, part 2 is SOOOOOO out of continuity.

Here's the rundown:
    Brigitte Lin is "Asia the Invincible", leader of the Sun-Moon Sect, and has joined forces with a bunch of Japanese rebels. She plans to overthrow the Emperor because she has the Sacred Scroll which instructs on how to achieve supernatural power.
    In part one, Ling and his group of Wah Mountain Swordsman quit their school after their sifu becomes corrupt and part two begins where they search for a place to live in seclusion in peace.
    After a year they decide to meet at the Inn of the leader of the Sun-Moon Sect, Ying (Rosamund Kwan), who Ling like a LOT. They are attacked by the Japanese.
    I'm sure you can get the rest from there......