Thread: 18 Swimming Dragons form in Chow Gar

Question 18 Swimming Dragons form in Chow Gar

What is it?, I know it is soft chi-gung, but am unaware of it purpose. I am not at a level to learn it, I just need to satisfy my curiosity .

:)

18 dragons

Most, if not all, of the Chow Gar training you have gotten so far is Yang in nature.
    "Getting the power out", rooting, shooting your hands, iron shirt & forearm training
    are all Yang, hard and direct. The 18 form starts to incorporate more movement and
    adds emphsis on the "continuous changing of hands" so that your blows flow and
    can change at will smooothly, thus working the "Yin" into the training so one can
    be "hard" or "soft" as the need arises.

Jo very good right at the point post This smile says good stuffs okay.

Sup Baat Yau Lung 18 swimminn dragons

just a very little things i know of..

Sup Baat Yau Lung 18 swimminn dragons are part of the intermediate level in Chow Gar Tong Long

With this and some of the other forms instead of learning 1 long form you learn it sections of movements. each section may consist of eight moves. when u have completed all the sections you then practice them in your own ways by going into all the variaties of sections. this in turn gives a much better feeling and could be seen as a kind of kung fu "shadow boxing" free form and learning to change to circumastances so nothing becomes stagnate. like jo said this is intermediate level training in chow gar. somepeople say the "soft" side to the beginners "hard" only side.
    They are a selection of 1 singualr movements. Their actions are seen as a chinese dragon twisting and turning, when u have completed all 18 movements youthen practice them by changing into any of the18 moves in any particular order. the idea of the 18 swimming dragons is to avoid the strengths and powers of your opponent, t o finally land a precise blow of ur own.

few people last long enough to gain intermediate and higher level stages .. thus few know of cho gar tong long past the beginners very hard levels....

BB good stuffs too & most peoples don't stay with any hand long enough to much more than starting stuffs from what I see of this thing This have a good day smile.

SBYL

Thanks for the replies, although a bit later than I was expecting them . Thanks for firing up the thread again, and for satisfying this beginners curiosity.